GSR SCR ?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by copperhead, Jan 26, 2015.

1. copperhead

copperhead Active Member

For fast discovery I created a Excel sheet with GSR math showing today 70.6557377
    Well I sell plenty of copper scrap & figured there is a ratio to be kept track of
    even if copper is listed by the pound . Converted to the ounce copper is .16
    and delivers 8275.2 for gold
    Silver is 117.12
    Aside from seeing how bad a $1 to $2 copper oz coin is as a true investment
    that number 117.2 has a reality
    Are they connected ?
    who's the boss Gold ? Silver ? Copper ?
    Copper has been artificially inflated from china for about 5 years or so
    Coppers true pound price will surface and converted to ounces might
    allow us to analyze another true ratio

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonchang/2012/02/12/china-is-hoarding-copper-why/

2. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

I like the thinking outside the box...good for you copperhead.

3. smaugshoard

smaugshoard New Member

If you are selling scrap then tracking the CSR makes a lot of sense. Assuming you would buy silver with the money it would let you know when the better times are to sell the scrap.

Silver is also a by-product of many types of other mining so you might be able to find a connection there as well.

4. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

Don't forget that when they are mining resources, copper and silver can be found together in a lot of cases.
    What that means....I don't know really......but it will open the door for some deep thought I am sure. Less of one, less of the other. Thats a start. We can work on it.

5. copperhead

copperhead Active Member

There have been times , just casual in the head math, I noticed yes , some weeks copper scrap could deliver more silver by the ounce . All in all - wile I don't utilize all my scrap moneys for silver , I do have more scrap income then what I spend in silver purchases .
    I don't talk about it much but with a little loss of dignity (cause you have to pull it from discarded items off the street & people you know see you ) all scrap - Copper - Aluminum
    Brass - Stainless steel - Lead Steel - mix metals - do deliver surprising sums of money . When that money is used for silver your ultimately a part of the commodity market in it's truest form.
    Even the fuel needed for your van to find scrap fits into the picture as now $5 gas does what $10 did before crude hit $47

When the commodity market is in-sink it's never a bad time to buy silver . Yet some times you see a imbalance lower scrap pay out
    wile fuel is high . causing you to decide what to spend scrap profits on , the unbalanced trends seem to not last and scrap pay out matches crude . Still you catch on sooner or later a permanent readjustment occurs on certain scrap items you once sold and that becomes the new pay out on such item Such as copper bearing items . It's a very vast world scrapping .
    Just get a wire clipper and collect wire , you will build wealth to convert to silver - vacuum motors - all appliances at the curb are money waiting to be picked

6. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

I collect copper flat bar when I can.
    Your collecting has enlightened you to the things we only speculate about. You are one step ahead of us.
    Copper is a good indicator of the direction of the economy due to its applications.
    Keep us informed should scrap copper move in the upwards direction.