This site if full of jerks

Discussion in 'Silver' started by 007Silver, Jan 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

House?

:lol: :D

2. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Correct, 10pts :)

3. boyd_05

boyd_05 Member Silver Stacker

Ahhhh, I love a good meltdown thread.

4. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Sunday afternoons, a belly full of beer and an internet forum.

5. tozak

tozak Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I dunno but is this because of a previous thread?

http://forums.silverstackers.com/topic-60392-unfortunately-i-have-to-sell-my-stack-page-1.html

007Silver we are not all jerks here, I think maybe was a bit of a misunderstanding where someone commented on you and throw in a 'wanker' comment only as a bit of a dig. I'm sure most of the people that 'liked' that comment were actually liking there defense to the community spirit here and not actually ganging up on you or trolling you.

I hope you stick around, no probs with a meltdown we all do it at some point. Site is always better with more members with more experience and more different points of view so hope to see you on the site still.

6. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

This community can be too brutal in fairness.
    Not saying it's undeserved in this case, but, if you come out with pitchforks to every new member that makes a mistake this sort of meltdown is bound to happen.

I remember when i first joined being treated like shit as well, simply because I didn't know the unofficial etiquette the regulars demanded from everyone.

7. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I like this kid's sass. Don't take no guff from anybody

8. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Every forum has jerks who are members....I don't get bothered by that at all. Some forums have jerks who are moderators....that's the real problem and it's what makes a forum not worth participating in.

From my experience, though of course I can not speak for all, the SS forum's moderator's seem fair and not jerks.

9. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

sounds like he too got bamboozled by Morgan, Turk, Alastair, KWN gang, Sprot, Emry, Duane, Maloney...did I forget anyone in the, 'it will never break 32, 31, 30, 29...21, 20, 19, 18...club?' LOL.

10. Naphthalene Man

Naphthalene Man Active Member Silver Stacker

He was singing the same drum, although out of tune, over and over without considering alternate viewpoints. He was overconfident and pushy and I don't care if he was told the truth bluntly. He was trying to be forthright and if you didn't agree with him then you were in the wrong. That is where he made the mistake imo.

11. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Just had a read of his dummy spit - permanent ban in place.

12. Eruaran

Eruaran Member

I save my meltdowns for YouTube comments.

13. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hey, what if he's right? Maybe its time to embrace the inner jerk. Let it run wild and free. Unzip your pants and unleash the monster now and then. We'd learn nothing if we always agreed on everything. Stir some shit up occasionally.

Its like that movie, The Other Guys. Let it fly!

[​IMG]

14. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

007Silver tried to fly like a peacock....
    [​IMG]

15. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Because everyone is different.

Stream-lining people to suit what you think is correct deprives forums, of characters, who "some-times" bring an alternative view.

New folk bring a breath of fresh air which breaks the forum cartel.

Give new members a break for a few days!

What we think as obvious trolls can sometimes be young folk who are trying to express them selves in a manner you are not accustomed to.

There's plenty of time to...just wait and see.

Younger folk or... new members should be given the benefit of the doubt and allowed to blend "if they can".

A crusty old forum with the normal SM kick in the balls does nothing for this forum.

16. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy New Member

1---"This community can be too brutal in fairness."
    No---not at all. SS isn't a babysitting or child care service, or a pre-school either. When some grotesquely spoiled child comes prancing in here like he's God's gift to SS and we're all supposed to adore his pouting and his every petulant outburst, the hell with him. He'll get what he earns.
    2---"...young folk who are trying to express them selves in a manner you are not accustomed to..." --- "...new members should be given the benefit of the doubt and allowed to blend..."
    Oh, please! When some new, arrogant and self-absorbed (if not egomaniacal) little twit prances in here, demanding to be treated like God and then immediately turns insolent the first time somebody calls him out on his bullshit attitude, it's time for some reality therapy. If he/she/it is just a silly little child, then he/she/it needs a learning experience in how to successfully interact with adults and that's what just happened here.

The probability is >90% that was that infantile troll "JetsFan" back for Round #2. That unmistakeable, childish "it's all about me" mentality, the "I'm the center of attention" outlook, the "you have to focus on me and dote on me" style, that "you should be jealous of me" narcissistic attitude (which certainly isn't unprecedented here), the illiterate writing style and all the rest of it... These are far, FAR too many coincidences to be merely coincidental.

Nonetheless, the little fool's exit was grandiose and the speedy transition into full ignition was enjoyable. Thankfully, it didn't take two months of misery for everybody else this time! SS needs brief episodes of asinine comic relief like that every now and then.

17. smk762

smk762 Active Member Silver Stacker

My first week on site was gruelling but also informative,, I've learned a lot of financial philosophy here and although we don't all agree the debates are worth the effort. The odd burn thread is also good for a laugh. I'm not shy to be a jerk when someone else starts it, but there's a line between abuse and putting someone in their place. Name calling is a pretty lame argument. This is the internet. Leave your feelings at the door.

18. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

No-one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

19. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm fairly new here and in a thread I started about Meier I was getting laughed at and name called by many people including an Administrator calling Meier and me a lunatic. I did not name call anyone back or lose my cool.

Some people were name calling and making fun of 007silver from the start, that's what probably made him lose his cool and resort to bad name calling people. I do not think it was entirely his fault but he did not have to resort to calling people/us those bad names.

20. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It was me. I called W7silver a wanker. Any newbie who has the audacity to call a 10,000 odd membership, sharks, deserves condemnation. The 007 moniker, with the two naughties before 7 connotation, opened up the wanker antonym. Simples.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.