Has the RCM significantly improved the minting process for their CMLs?

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by mmissinglink, Jan 19, 2015.

1. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

The reason I ask is because I am aware of the fact that ever since the first silver Canadian Maple Leaf (SCML) bullion coin was minted in 1988, only one (of who knows how many thousands submitted every year to these grading firms) SCML bullion coin ever submitted for grading to either NGC or PCGS has ever been graded a perfect 70! And that was a 2014 SCML. Yes, only 1....in 27 years! Where resides this extremely elusive MS70 SCML? No one seems to know. I have exhaustively searched the World Wide Web for months now trying to find any mention of the whereabouts of this extremely elusive coin...but there's not even a whisper anywhere about it that I could find.

So when I saw for the first time ever since 2012 (when I started buying silver coins for the first time) an NGC 2015 SCML graded MS70, I couldn't believe my eyes.

See here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-CANADA...8294?pt=US_Canadian_Coins&hash=item4d2c27cf66

I am left believing that maybe the RCM has finally started doing something positive in terms of the quality control for the minting of their SCML's. What next...little to no milk spots on these popular silver bullion coins???

2. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Only 14 out of 800 submitted were good enough, and you only submit ones you think have a chance, I don't think they have improved that much, maybe more are being submitted...

3. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

tic toc, when does the snow capped rockies appear on the coin? hehehe. Oh, they will come...for certain, if they're not already there...then crack open that 70 and resubmit, I doubut will get a 70. Maybe a 40?

4. GreyGhost

GreyGhost New Member

RCM has stated nothing publicly that tells they even see milk spots as a problem.