10 Fun Facts About Silver That Show Just How Important They Are

Discussion in 'Silver' started by DailySilverStacker, Jan 19, 2015.

1. DailySilverStacker

DailySilverStacker New Member

Lets compile a solid list of facts about gold and silver that show just how important precious metals are to our society.

What are your favourite facts about gold and silver?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K92i71IcJbs[/youtube]

Source: http://dailysilverupdate.com/blog/2015/01/10-fun-facts-silver/

2. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

ASEs are the most popular silver coin in the world.

Probably the biggest sellers that's for sure, unlimited mintage and a massive customer base will see to that. Whether that makes them popular or just the most convenient I don't know, I have some in my stack but I wouldn't say they were popular.

At last they don't have milk spots.

3. chowdersilver

chowdersilver New Member

4. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Seems like a sales pitch video. Funny the video makes the point of mentioning that 14 or more languages use the same word for "silver" and "money" yet the video never mentions that there are roughly 6,500 spoken languages in the world. Let's see, 14 out of 6,500....that's a mere 0.215384%. This is the #2 fact pointed out in this video. If that's one of their highlight "facts" then that's quite sad.

Surely there must be an important fact that they could highlight in a video about silver to replace that meaningless one.

5. Sonic

Sonic New Member

To me the meaningless one is the last one. Who cares that ASE is the most popular silver COIN, I thought this was facts about silver, not American companies.

6. 11C1P

11C1P New Member

If popular means most sold, the ASE would certainly be at or near the top, but I am not sure about the Panda. Chinese have a huge appetite for PM's as they do in India. Their population is HUGE in both those countries. Most of the time you try to find numbers for those coins it's either a question mark, or seems to be a number just guessed at. That country isn't known for divulging too much either, so it wouldn't surprise me if Pandas were the most produced silver coin.

7. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The worlds gold is disappearing because it's being atomized and feed to the Elite, the rest is shipped of to the reptilian mother planet and used in a similar nature, or as atmosphere control. :D