Silver Clothers...Go Figure.

Discussion in 'Silver' started by barsenault, Jan 17, 2015.

1. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

http://kingworldnews.com/incredible-new-breakthrough-in-silver-this-will-change-the-world/

INCREDIBLE NEW BREAKTHROUGH IN SILVER: This Will Change The World!

Want to keep warm? Wear SILVER: Cotton coated with microscopic metal wires traps 80% of body heat and can even be used like an electric blanket. Scientists are already working on another coating to keep clothes and their wearers cool in hot temperatures.

Prototype cotton fabric is coated in silver nanowires to trap body heat
    It's as effective as a thick fleece, trapping 80% of heat
    Material uses silver because it reflects infrared radiation back to the body
    A small electric charge can be applied so it works like an electric blanket
    Experts from Stanford University say the cloth's breathable and lightweight
    It was developed to save energy produced by central heating
    By SARAH GRIFFITHS FOR MAILONLINE

Wearing clothes made from cloth covered with tiny silver wires may reduce your heating bills in the future.

2. Sonic

Sonic New Member

I swear, silver is the "human" metal just like cannabis is the "human" plant (my opinion, but we have evolved with the plant and there are more uses for hemp, including food and clothing, than any other plant) silver is like that for metals. We just keep finding new ways to make it useful to us and as we grow and our technology broadens, it's silver that's always there with us.

I'm personally really excited about this idea. I want me some silver clothes, silver lining in my hiking boots would be nice too. I just hope it gets out of the trial stage and goes on market without competition from so many other companies bringing it to a halt (as was the case with hemp).

3. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I wonder if this would conduct electricity and act as a defensive layer against tasers etc.

That would make it currently illegal to wear one wouldn't it?

Still, I wouldn't get too excited, about five years ago they were going to make hospital gowns and bed sheets with silver in them to cut down the incidences of infection, including golden staph. We still have golden staph but I have seen no sign of the silver sheets, too expensive at the moment but when we run out of antibiotics we might see them.

4. phrenzy

phrenzy In Memoriam - July 2017 Silver Stacker

It's not a new idea. Air force systems command and darpa habe been working on things like this for ages. It actually started out because silver in clothing reduces smell and is anti bacterial (useful for sweaty soldiers who might not get a shower for weeks at a time).

Sliver in stocks and jocks already exists for those reasons.

Because it's such a good heat conductor you can actually use it to keep cool with a small heat exchanger.

5. Sonic

Sonic New Member

They cover many of those things in the article phrenzy. I figured "surely people didn't just now think of this" but they're making it sound like the method used is new. Nanotechnology I guess.

As far as it being illegal to wear something that protects against tasers, sounds absurd to me. I can wear a bulletproof vest if I want to. Wouldn't be breaking any laws by doing so.

6. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm sure I have some hiking gear and socks that has silver through it as an anti bacterial.

7. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Apparently a bulletproof vest is a category E weapon, at least it is in Queensland. So you can probably get a license to have one, I haven't.

8. smk762

smk762 Active Member Silver Stacker

9. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

this will be how silver fight! global warming :lol:

10. phrenzy

phrenzy In Memoriam - July 2017 Silver Stacker

After seeing how hard it is to pull the barbs if a taser out u think I'd like to wear a taser proof shirt. Even if I was paying mithril prices (just saw the new hobbit :).

11. Sonic

Sonic New Member

I live in a country that allows me to buy assault rifles, so the rules might be different here lol some guns you need a license for, but I know you can get a semi-automatic AK-47 and apparently it's very easy to modify it to become fully auto. I can't see needing a license for a vest in America but I could be wrong. Pretty sure you can just buy them online.

12. Berniemac

Berniemac New Member

Forget tin foil hats guy, its all about silver coated ponchos!!!

protects against the three biggest threats we face:

1. Aliens
    2. Terrorists
    3. GOVERNMENT