We Got totally cleaned out whilst away O/S

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by Kawa, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Newtosilver

Newtosilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

And then the next place they do over they would be armed which places the next person in more danger.

2. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

exactly,everyone I mean everyone checks this section daily ;)

3. whinfell

whinfell Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

However, unless people keep commenting on it, this post will be deleted after a month of inactivity, like all the other posts in this section.

To prevent that from happening, this post would best be moved to another section, IMHO.

4. argento

argento Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

+1

Maybe a sticky at the top....with images
    I've noticed that there has been numerous request for images.......do you have images Kawa
    Otherwise as bullion dealers and buyers we are completely useless to you as we don't know what we're looking for and are unable to help get your stack back and catch the mongrels who did this.

5. Kawa

Kawa New Member

Firstly.Thanks for your kind support.Following more feedback from Police it appears it was a direct hit with prior planning.I'm convinced that there are people on this forum that are involved directly or indirectly with this robbery and the others in Qld.

I made the decision to stack at home and paid the price.I have moved on and resigned myself to never seeing these bars again as I truely believe they have been melted by now as no thief would risk progressive selling of unique bars over time IMO.

I have no pics at all of my stash however I have passed on to the Police all my purchase records with the names and addresses of everyone I have purchased from.

This may assist them hopefully.

I will send through a pic of the robbery scene in due course to GP who can post or not at his discretion.

Happy New Year to all and go hard.I have committed to make an extra 70K before December 15 on the sharemarket to assist with my mental health.

swoydaz likes this.
  6. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

sorry to hear that news...Kawa

I reckon whilst building your stash, some how you enlightened a cuntface thief within your circle of acquaintances over the years...think hard about who in that circle knows dodgy people who are handy with a blow torch/heavy equipment and basically laid bread crumbs to your home while you were away.

heres' another thought? did your neighbours see that safe go into the home in the first place? because it maybe that they just went for the safe and struck bonanza.

7. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Well-Known Member

Yeah, but I posted a more specific NSW law regarding precisely what is being discussed here, home invasion, written specifically for these exact cases. The law is very specifically on the side of the home owner in this case. In cases of home invasion this is what will apply:
    http://www.legislation.nsw.gov.au/sessionalview/sessional/act/1998-109.pdf
    I don't know about other states, but certainly applies in NSW.

8. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Any high voltage stunt gun avail for use?

3x stonger than those pos by police

9. silvertongue

silvertongue Member Silver Stacker

It is, regrettably, probably the case. The approximate current social stats would claim that between 2 and 3 people per 1000 are criminally minded. Look at the number of people on the forum and do the math.... :/

Great attitude Kawa. I wish you every success in meeting, and exceeding that commitment. Should the perpetrators ever be discovered or uncovered, it's possible it won't just be their mental health that will be in jeopardy.. (Just speculating, you know..)

10. Golden ChipMunk

Golden ChipMunk Well-Known Member

Can anyone assist Kawa with the photos, I believe some members still have the records of the photos of the bars/ingots that they sold to him.
    One for all and all for one; Together we will stand unity in this community.
    It will be silly for the thieves to melt those bars as this will add more suspicious when comes selling the Blobs.

These are my suspects, I can suggest
    - People that sell the safe, installers
    - Dealers/ employees that sell the PM, associates
    - Deliveries
    - Don't forget Loose lip

Lastly, please don't keep them at home.

Let's caught this thieves.

11. brashy7

brashy7 Member

Kawa, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Hopefully the police can catch these guys, and get you all your bullion and jewellery back.

12. danman49

danman49 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hey Kawa your inbox is full so cannot message you.

13. Gatito Bandito

Gatito Bandito Active Member

That's typically mentioned in these threads, often more than once.

Somebody who works for the company might not be directly involved, but for a flat $X, or % of the loot, passes along that info to somebody who is.

Might even pay better than their normal job.

Even if the safe was purchased/installed years ago, I would not rule them out. Perhaps the employee is no longer even working there.

Cross-referencing this info with the other break-ins here might be a good idea.

At the very least, share the info with the police.

14. AgDoc

AgDoc Member

Best wishes Kawa
    Sorry about your tragedy

15. The Crow

The Crow Member Silver Stacker

Maybe it's been mentioned and I've missed it - can we perhaps get up a sub-forum for posting details of items stolen?

It doesn't help Kawa, but we all need to take at least some lessons here about security, perhaps starting with making sure we keep accurate records of items in our possession (including photos) whether at home or in security (remember, not even secure locations prove infallible at preserving our stuff).

Over the years I've had more than enough stuff stolen, but it's almost never been random - it's about who knows your business. The more open and trusting you are, the more 'strangers' know about your business. Just have to go to the pub to know how much people talk. And how much they love to boast about what other people have.

16. GRETZKY427

GRETZKY427 Active Member Silver Stacker

Everyone that has sold or brought silver &/or gold from Kawa...EXPECT A VISIT FROM THE POLICE...

Cheers, HAPPY STACKING :)

17. CFP

CFP New Member

I am a gun owner, for me to undo the safe, take out a weapon, undo the other safe take out the ammo, load the mag, insert the mag, cock the weapon and be ready would realistically be 2-3 minutes. It is not feasible if someone is sledge hammering your front door down. But if you want to buy more time have your safe/s in a secure room in the house, preferably a central location that has a heavy door and can be bolted from the inside. You can also use the safe door as cover if necessary (if your safe is good enough.) If someone comes into your house to hurt you or your family, worry about the legalities later. I was assaulted once when I was a lot younger. I didn't want to get in trouble with the law so took the situation into the local 24 hour IGA where 3 guys proceeded to beat on me. I defended myself but did not react offensively or really fight back (I think I pushed one), I got the whole thing on footage, got their number plate and went to the cops. I did all this so the idiots got charged with assault as opposed to punching on. I had all this information, a witness (mate from high school), cctv footage and a number plate. Went to the police and they said, unfortunately we can't do anything because you aren't really hurt (I had a slightly split lip) and its not worth chasing up. Despite all the evidence I had and collected nothing got done. My old man says, thats alright mate just give us the address to their house by tracing their number plate and we will do the rest. The cop didn't see the funny side but by that stage I was far from impressed with his reaction. He treated me like I had made the whole thing up, these guys were older than me and heavily intoxicated, I was just on the way home after working at the local servo.

My point is you can't always rely on the police, sometimes you have to be ready to be prepared to do what is necessary at any given time. Sadly in this case I don't think the cops will do much following up.

18. CFP

CFP New Member

And my sincere condolences Kawa, it is a shitty thing to happen to anyone, I hope they catch the bastards.

19. Bigfella

Bigfella Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Re CFP's comments.
    When I was growing up a good friends dad was a copper and he always said to us

" If someone brakes into your house don't try and stop then just kill them as then its your word against theirs"

Sad but true as he said if you hurt them they can then place charges on you etc.

20. No1joey

No1joey Member Silver Stacker

Make sure to alert bullion dealers nation wide, they have most likely driven interstate with your loot. Or they will sit on it for a year and then start to sell it off. or melt it down, contact refineries.