2015 silver outlook: 9 price estimates from various sources

Discussion in 'Silver' started by SpacePete, Jan 3, 2015.

1. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

2. Cheepo

Cheepo New Member

Cheepo: $10-12 by Christmas 2015

3. phrenzy

phrenzy In Memoriam - July 2017 Silver Stacker

I think the outlook is good. Gold and silver in the last few months have survived a strengthening USD, the Swiss no vote, crashing oil and other commodity prices and general negative psychological market sentiment. Despite all of that it's claimed back it's lows.
    Nothings garunteed but if the price is steady while the USD is getting stronger then that's a price rise in real terms. I've seen some wild predictions, the most volatile from an Eliot wave guy who says we'll see a bit of a bump early in the year then the last and biggest low in both metals comimg in may before a build up to taking out the 2011 highs at the end of the year through part of 2016. I'm never quite sure how seriously to take elliot wave analysis though.

For us aussies though things are a little different. The AUD just gave up 0.81 and we're at 0.8x. If we end up at $0.75, which is according to our financial mandarin class is the target, then even silver at $14.50 usd is almost sideways move denominated in AUD (around $19.35).

Throw in the constant looming threat of financial trouble sending people flying to PMs. You don't even need a genuine problem, just a threat of a problem.

I suppose I'm pretty lucky in getting in when I did so I'm not fearing 2015. My money would have been in AUD in a savings account anyway, loosing ground against other currencies so even if the metal goes sideways it's a win as a currency play relative to what it would have been doing.

4. Orbit

Orbit New Member

Thanks for this post SilverPete :)

5. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

US Mint: The year ended with the US Mint setting a new sales record for American Eagle silver bullion coins. On December 9 it announced a 2014 sales total of 42,864,000, beating the previous record of 42,675,000 set in 2013. Earlier in the year the mint temporarily sold out of the coins.
    The difference is minuscule, yet bearing in mind that spot has averaged lower over 2014, the record set is in units, not cash sales. I think my big buys in 2014 will augur well for this year. I doubt if we'll see spot so low ever again.

6. Ronnie 666

Ronnie 666 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I am positive all 9 estimates will be wrong

7. Aurora et luna

Aurora et luna Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I am going against the herd!
    Willing to wager a few ozs of silver that we will see $25 spot before 2016 ( that's a 28% increase on today's spot for all you ultra-bears and sideways spruikers). :p

8. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I dam well hope you are right again next Christmas! Great price to buy bulk at! :D

9. QLDSILVER

QLDSILVER Member

Is that estimate for the bottom during the year or the end of 2015? Im wondering why on earth any of them would even speculate on this at this, (despite insider knowledge, maniplation etc) on such a late stage in the deteriorating fiscal health of the planet.

Given whats happening it could go from $1.00 to $500......

Anyway just my thoughts.

10. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

It's now $15.7
    Assuming that they suggest others to do the opposite of what they do themselves, let's swap the differences to the other direction:
    * CIBC $14.4 per ounce
    * Citi Research $14.9 per ounce
    * Commerzbank $14.4 per ounce
    * CPM Group $14.75 per ounce
    * HSBC $13.75 per ounce
    * JPMorgan Chase & Co. $13.15 per ounce
    * Metals Focus $15.20 per ounce
    * Natixis $16.20 per ounce
    * TD Securities $13.59 per ounce

Funny how the 2 biggest bullion banks JP Morgan Chase & Co and HSBC inverted predictions together mark the price range that I calculated from the current futures market hedge size, to target a next silver purchase. :D

11. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Well-Known Member

Yes, buying metals in $AU is not fun in recent times, it is a good $1.50/oz higher the equivalent time back in early Nov, but $US silver has dropped back down to where it was in early Nov.

12. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

2016 is after my sideways predictions. I also believe it will rise in AUD terms next year.(2016)

13. cashgoldsilver

cashgoldsilver New Member

Do you have 9 price estimates for Gold for 2015..

Don't for get to put it the Gold thread or you could get your bottom smacked :lol:

CGS :)

14. phrenzy

phrenzy In Memoriam - July 2017 Silver Stacker

There's an easy litmus test for whether e are going to see higher prices (in australia at least). I bought a 100oz bar for $1800 and a kilo for $630 this year, I'm just guessing but I don't think I'll get those prices again in the next 12 months. I'm guessing others here aren't expecting to be able to buy at those prices for a long little while either.

15. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Well-Known Member

Not if the aussie dollar keeps dropping, very likely not.

16. Pirocco

A to expect scenario is a currencies trend reversal (dollar lower, euro higher), then the marketwide swappers will take more commodity futures as to make the price higher for the foreign-purchasing power gaining (euro) side.
    http://finviz.com/futures_charts.ashx?t=SI&p=w1
    and
    http://finviz.com/futures_charts.ashx?t=DX&p=w1
    Take the 2012 mark as the center.
    On the silver chart, pre 2012, the surface between green trendline below and 0 was bigger.
    On the dollar chart, pre 2012, the price trend average sat lower.
    On the silver chart, post 2012, the surface between green trendline and 0 is smaller.
    On the dollar chart, post 2012, the price trend average sits higher.

So, when the dollar/euro trends reverse, the commodity price trends will be tilted higher by a "more permanently" higher futures market total net positions. As Caput Lutinum recently worded it: they will let their profits run (meaning that the futures markets positions stay in place, making people in the cash market (stackers that buy from dealers ex) paying more, with these extra dollars arriving on the futures positions accounts. Of course, they will sit then with longs instead of the shorts before. And also ofcourse, they need some good timing to swap, because they won't be alone doing /trying it.
    Still, such market reversal is just a next part of a fluctuating trend. Fluctuations on this toplevel (marketwide, major currencies) stop when central planners think that enough existing money from bank depositors arrived on their excess reserves balances, as to destroy it. It's a matter of picking out the better moments to swap fiatsavings to silver.
    Until such stabilisation, we see surprising up, and downtrends. Remember 2012, in august people talked about lower twenties 'soon', but 1-2 months later it was driven tol $35 instead, and it took another half year to see $22. Patience is a virtue, and some data avail here and there gives an idea of the term and outlook.

17. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

Since I believe that the USD is going higher in 2015, I think pms are going lower. Pms are holding well in the last two weeks against the USD advance, but I am suspicious that the recent relative strength is due to year end reallocations by hedge funds and not true pm strength. Money is flowing into the US stock market and that will continue to strengthen the USD. Foreign bonds and other debts denominated in USDs are being squeezed and that will contribute to the USD strength. I am cashing up as much as possible in order to take advantage of opportunities that become available in the next two years.

"Goldman Sachs Gold Prediction 2015
    "Our target at the end of this year is $1,050, really driven by the view that we think that the Fed will ultimately be the dominate force here and put more downward pressure [on prices]," Currie told CNBC's "Squawk Box" on Thursday. "Gold is a hedge against a debasement in the U.S. dollar." He said he'd recommend shorting gold."

http://silveristhenew.com/2014/10/2...ons-2015-goldman-sachs-bmo-citibank-barclays/

If you believe in the price suppression theories, shouldn't you pay attention to the price predictions of the entities you believe are implementing the price suppresion?

18. Pirocco

What I think is this:
    If the central planners stay in control, then they gonna decrease the difference between dollar (now longterm high) and euro (now longterm low).
    Because they don't want one currency to appear "too strong", or "too weak" relative to another.
    In their documents they name a currency trend as "snake", and they use terminology alike "keep the snake in the tunnel".
    They set upper and lower boundaries for every currency trend.
    To keep the "snake" within these boundaries, they intervene. Strengthen the weak, weaken the strong.
    They set these boundaries based on a range of economical parameters / situations. Including and especially what does speculators the biggest harm.

On which basis do you think that the USD will be driven further higher?

19. Gatito Bandito

Gatito Bandito Active Member

And what were their 2014 estimates from 12 months ago?

20. Gatito Bandito

Gatito Bandito Active Member

If anybody listens to Goldman, for example, & decides to act on that, you deserve what you get..

Banks have 2 separate estimates for everything: What they tell the public, and their own internal set of numbers.

Just one way how they make money.

And suppression is just one factor of overall manipulation.