Random people turn down one ounce silver coin for $1, spot was 30+

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Sonic, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Sonic

Sonic New Member

I also posted the one where he offers a one ounce gold coin for $25 in the gold section. It seems that the general reason most people don't want to do this is just because they "don't want to mess with it." It's MONEY. Why would they think it's a better deal if it was a piece of fiat paper?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z7usCHnZ-8c

2. The Crow

The Crow Member Silver Stacker

That's like "wow"

3. Ernster

Ernster New Member

Lets be real for a second.

I'm pretty sure most of us before we got into Silver would have done the exact same thing as those in the video.

4. The Crow

The Crow Member Silver Stacker

Except I learnt about silver dollars from watching old westerns as a kid. I reckon I'd have taken the deal when I was a 10 y.o. I wouldn't have known the value I was getting, but I would have known I was getting something ....
    The only thing that I found off putting was his style - he comes across as one of those shyster people you meet at the mall: take his dollar, put up with the 'hook'.

5. motorbikez

motorbikez Member Silver Stacker

Plus the guy approaching people to sell the silver $ would put people into defensive/switch off mode, wether it was a good deal or not. People do not like to be hassled on the street with a camera stuck in their face.

6. GoldenEgg

GoldenEgg Member

to be fair they do make a load of fake silver coins in China, I'd be suspicious myself of someone offering me a silver coin on the street like that

7. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If someone wants to try this at my local shops, just let me know the date

8. fishtaco

fishtaco Active Member Silver Stacker

9. fishtaco

fishtaco Active Member Silver Stacker

I see these vids ages ago.

Now lets talk the gold 1oz, if somebody did say yes do you really believe he would have traded? No, so its a scam and people are just wary of scams. he even gets scared and dissuades some who may be a bit interested.

I was in USA this year and street vendors are relentless with handing out freebees then asking for cash!

For fun I showed people at work a 10th oz gold coin and nobody would give me $20 for it because they first wanted to know the catch! The catch was I would not have traded it for $20.

10. Nabullion Dynamite

Nabullion Dynamite Active Member

Yeah, I'm certain someone in these videos took him up on the offer and he said he was just joking or something. I know what silver and gold is worth and I still be extremely wary of buying it from this guy.

Then again people are extremely cautious when dealing with money they are not used too. I was dressed as a pirate a few years ago for a beer crawl and was paying for everything with a sack of gold U.S Predential dollars and several people thought those were fake

11. Sonic

Sonic New Member

I can understand people's reluctance with the gold coin. But since he's selling this at face value, there's really no reason to decline that offer. You're exchanging one dollar for another dollar that is potentially worth many more dollars. Even if you were afraid it was fake, it's only a one dollar risk.

12. Nabullion Dynamite

Nabullion Dynamite Active Member

The silver I can see a lot more people biting. The gold he was selling for $25 so it was more risky on thier part.

13. ryan71

ryan71 Member

Instead of trying to sell it or trade it and put people on the defensive I'd like to see him ask people what they think the silver dollar is worth. I'll bet the vast majority will say a dollar. The rest will say less than a dollar.

14. Gatito Bandito

Gatito Bandito Active Member

Exactly.

Sell enough 2-cent fakes for a buck a piece, and pretty soon you're making an okay living.

Go verify that it's real inside the coin shop? Those he stopped probably thought the shop-owner could be in on it, too. And once in there, that's also when the hard-sell could potentially start.

People have their guard up, that's all.

Not to mention that he probably had at least a few others besides the Euro guy who wanted to take him up on the offer.. Of course, those clips would never make it past the edit room.