Thoughts on Germany's "Fed gold"...

Discussion in 'Gold' started by TreasureHunter, Dec 5, 2014.

1. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

We're entering 2015 slowly and the "return" of Germany's Fed-held gold is still "in process". It should be finalized by 2020. According to plans.

I think the news of the Fed "not quite knowing" where 674 tonnes of gold bullion, appeared sometime in 2012. Media picked it up even more in 2013.

2014 is slowly ending and we're entering 2015. Roughly 5 years left until Germany receives it. By 2020, they should have the 674 tonnes.

Everyone can let their imagination wild and think about what they did with Germany's gold. But far more interesting to me is: what they are going to do and how that would influence the market

Several thoughts cross my mind with regards to this German gold issue:

...what are they (Fed) doing right now? (Yes, at this very moment... playing poker, tetris,... or, are they looking for the "gold bricks" somewhere in the basement like "where did we put those 674 tonnes?")

...if they are going to buy the gold back, then they need fiat to do so and they'd have to take that money out from somewhere: where? :rolleyes: ...they could buy the gold with bonds.

...if they are going to buy it back, then it would make sense to "wait" for cheaper gold or manipulate prices down to buy all that gold up

...if the Fed starts buying that much gold, they will contribute to hurting the dollar - and who know how many other punches the greenback will have received by 2020?

...if Germany gets their 674 tonnes back in a single year, then that would be more than a quarter of the World's gold production :rolleyes:

...they had Venezuela's gold, but not Germany's :p

...Germany is too quiet and it seems they were satisfied with the mere promise of "we'll give it back to you by 2020" - after not even allowing the Germans to review their gold, the Fed must have given them more than "just a promise"

...why not compensate Germany with the equal value in USD, so that Germany can buy itself the (physical) gold back? :lol:

...this is also debt and should be counted in as US debt :p

2. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I have often wondered as to whether blondes have more fun. I believe that they do, and I have more faith in that assumption over whether the German gold is still in the US vault.

3. JB3

JB3 Member

I thought Germany had given up on getting it back now.

Apparently, it's fine to leave it in New York...

4. Acorn

Acorn Well-Known Member

5. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

C'mon Australia Lets get ours back.

6. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

yeah next time Mr rabbit is over there he can fill his pockets and bring it all back :|

7. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Probably not enough left to fill his pockets.

8. trader10

trader10 Member

- Will the Yanks really give the Germans their gold ? After the WWII ?

- Does the Yanks really have all the gold they claim ?

Trade Wars, Currency Wars and now a likely Gold Wars......

9. motorbikez

motorbikez Member Silver Stacker

What on earth has WW11 got to do with anything the war ended nearly 70 years ago, the whole of Europe is an ally of the US though I don't know why, Obama continually whines he doesn't like the British because of the way they treated his grandfather FFS. Then the Obama gets his poodles in Europe to stir things up with Russia, damaging Europe but not the US.

No the Yanks do not have the gold they claim, if they do prove it.

10. trader10

trader10 Member

A lots to do wtih.... History, Wealth Transfer, New Empire, WAR.....

11. motorbikez

motorbikez Member Silver Stacker

Yes you are possibly correct, I really meant that tongue in cheek because you brought the subject up. I'm not really a fan of the Italians because of the way Hadrian treated my ancestors in AD 120-30 but I got over it :lol:

12. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

EHRMEHRGERD some shocking news from the original architect of Germany's gold repatriation;

Read the rest at KWN :)

13. trader10

trader10 Member

Alarming:

..."Some 37 tonnes were brought back to Germany in 2013. We expect a little more gold to be repatriated back to Germany in 2014 and the numbers will be released at the end of the year. So something is happening here, even though we are not satisfied.

Even the 5 tonnes that have been repatriated back to Germany from the Fed had to be recast. Why in the world would our original serial-numbered gold bars deposited into the Fed for safekeeping have to be melted down and recast into new bars? "...

This is Wealth Transfer from back in history.... one war after the other, one stealing from another.... now, we are living at a extremely interesting times.... where GOLD WARS are here...

14. trader10

trader10 Member

Everybody praises Costello for his ability to keep smoke screens over the economy and between public and corporations......

That same idiot, sold our gold reserves in 1997 for $350... LMAO ! FOOL ! Costello and Brown(Gordon Brown) both sold gold reserves(Australia/England) at the same time for $350 a ounce....

This history always bugs me.... it has to be something behind it... someone obviously got the better deal and knew they would....WEALTH TRANSFER at it's best....

15. Phiber

Phiber Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Too much Baloney for you mate

16. Grubar30

Grubar30 New Member

Here's why:

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/financ...own-sold-britains-gold-at-a-knock-down-price/

17. tozak

tozak Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The Fed has the Gold to give back to Germany but it's currently stored in Iran, I'm sure the US of A will come up with a plan to retrieve it before 2020

18. JB3

JB3 Member

Thanks for that link. I could never understand, not being a financier, why he sold the gold at the bottom. I could tell it was deliberate, because he acted in a way as to ensure he got the lowest price possible. I never understood why though.

A simpler way would have been to just write off the debts of loaned gold though, wouldn't it? Although I guess that would have been more obvious...