if silver takes off are you going to deal with buying at higher prices

Discussion in 'Silver' started by phrenzy, Dec 9, 2014.

1. miniroo

miniroo Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

ok, now, what to buy, what not to buy?

when silver was in the 30's you could sell generic rounds easily as speculators became collectors and once you get that bug you want one of everything.
    hind sight tells me that when it was $16 and the speculator/collector had long disappeared, junk silver & gerenic rounds were the least popular item, having to sell almost at spot to move them in any reasonable time.

Semi numi' should be the game plan this time round, an insurance policy so when it drops again, you will have a much easier product to move quickly.
    no-one's gonna jump on your zombie rounds or generic coins, go with semi numi's, kooks, pandas, 1 oz semi numis are the best each way bet.

2. miniroo

New York will close today with silver US$18.33
    I read that in the residue of my coco pops just before.

3. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

My initial analysis at the early November bottom was that we would have a 2-3 month bounce and then resume the downtrend. Since that bottom, I have been bouncing back and forth between short and long in my trading accounts. But playing all these short term moves is too time consuming. Silver has already zipped up to the $17.20 area that I had eyeballed as the top of a possible trend channel. If silver continues much higher than $17.20, I am out of short term patterns and will just enjoy the ride. Since pms may just be bouncing due to the USD dip, I won't add long positions until this breakout proves itself. December has been one very strange month for pms.

4. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Bull trap.

5. miniroo

-t +c

6. phrenzy

phrenzy In Memoriam - July 2017 Silver Stacker

$18.33usd? Bold choice but I respect the number. If I hold a kilo up to my ear and hold my breath I swear I can almost hear the silver appreciating. Like a small rolling crackle.

7. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

Trying to look at the gold, silver and USD charts a little closer, pms look like today's highs are slightly above the topside of channel patterns. That might match your bull trap scenario. I would have guessed the USD have bounced off the $88.50 level, so I am paying close attention to the USD & the AUD price levels. One of the days I will actually learn charting. :lol:

8. chowdersilver

chowdersilver New Member

:lol: Keep eating coco poofs, our investing depends on it!

9. Gatito Bandito

Gatito Bandito Active Member

I've thought about the OP's original question plenty of times prior to his posting..

Just one of my concerns is being able to buy in size. I've gotten quite used to checking out some kilo's down at these levels. I really like them, both bars & coins. And I want more!

At some point, though, they'll no longer really be an affordable luxury for me.

Heck, they've already jumped almost $25 USD apiece in a very short period of time -- never mind from where they were not too long ago in the sub-$15 to $16 USD range. And if spot were to climb to a certain level someday, I'll have to be content with what I have in that department, and focus more on smaller pieces, unfortunately.

On the flip side, one of the positive things is that a higher spot price will slow me down. I could really use a breather! :lol:

As it is with cheaper spot, more expensive spot is both a blessing & a curse..

10. Phiber

Phiber Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

For gold coins, lunars...and any other suggestions?
    Pandas might not be such a good option anymore... open to suggestions on good semi nemi plays on gold coins

11. HateFiat

HateFiat New Member

Is that AUD$40+ or USD$40+?

12. phrenzy

phrenzy In Memoriam - July 2017 Silver Stacker

Last time silver was at $40 there wasn't much difference.

13. motorbikez

motorbikez Member Silver Stacker

As a silver coin collector I'll buy at whatever the prevailing price is for the coins I want or need for my collection.

14. GRETZKY427

GRETZKY427 Active Member Silver Stacker

Acouple of questions you have to ask:

What do you classify as a higher buying price and what is your comfort/threshold level?
    What is your investment strategy?

Me personally i will still buy silver but maybe not as much and/or as often but the higher prices will not deter me from still investing in silver :)

Cheers, HAPPY STACKING :)

15. serge83

serge83 Member

I'm thinking there's a price that I would stop buying. Even as low as 30 - 35 I'd be thinking twice about it personally. Every purchase I'm thinking about what I can sell for so I'd be questioning any profit beyond that figure. Although I don't think we will see those prices anytime soon.