"Explosive" Volcano Erta Ale - new coin. You will really like this one

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by mmissinglink, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Revils

Revils Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

db23 made a reasonable comment about the COIN and you turned it into something personal (oh wise one, didn't you have science class etc.). Seems to me mmissinglink that in this instance you are the douchebag.

2. mtforpar

mtforpar Member

@mmissinglink...if I could offer a suggestion....don't personalize these types of things and escalate them with inflammatory comments and innuendo about others. We are here to discuss metals and coins.....insults are just not warranted.

3. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

mtforpar,

I would strongly suggest to you to actually read the personal attacks that another member has written toward me which elicits my responses. But clearly, it appears, that's asking way too much from you. I was the one being attacked first with "douche bag", not the other way around. Try to be objective for once in your life in this forum.

4. mtforpar

mtforpar Member

It is just some friendly advice. I did read the posts.

Here is where your comments started it all:

"And how, oh wise one" - inciting, demeaning and condescending comment.

"Didn't you have earth-science class in elementary school? " - inciting, demeaning and condescending comment.

Then the douche Bag comment was made which was inappropriate as well.

Another comment by you after I just offered friendly advice:

"But clearly, it appears, that's asking way too much from you." - inciting, demeaning and condescending comment.

and again

"Try to be objective for once in your life in this forum." - inciting, demeaning and condescending comment.

This will be my last comment on the matter. Best of luck with your collecting efforts.

5. mmissinglink

Not at all true. There's nothing reasonable about his comment "Shouldn't we be seeing red hot molten lava? Not the rock that was scraped up after an eruption..." As I've already pointed out, a quick and simple search brings up images of volcanic craters which this coin resembles as best as a coin like this could. Virtually every post in this forum which is critical in some way of the comments made by another member is personal....why on earth would you single me out of everyone else who has done this? Because you aren't seeing this objectively it seems. Finally, there is a huge qualitative difference between making a funny or facetious remark (which is what my comment was intended to be) followed by an emoticon vs. calling another member a "douche bag" for no good reason at all.

6. mmissinglink

I disagree with your assessment. My comment wasn't meant to be condescending and inciting...it was meant to be mocking in a playful way. If I wanted to be inciteful in a nasty spirited way, I would have chosen different words (I might have used "douche bag" for instance) and I wouldn't have used an emoticon. Look at my style of writing and you will see this to be more or less universally true what I am stating.

If I called everyone a douche bag (like db23 did to me) who made a facetious comment toward me in this forum, I'd be using that word here every week probably...and so would plenty of other members. In my view, the line was clearly drawn when db23 called me straight up, a douche bag....no emoticons or anything like that.

My point to you, mtforpar, was that you are not being objective when you insinuated that I was the sole problem maker here....when I wasn't. It was ONLY after I called you out for not being objective did you then point the finger at db23 which would have actually been the appropriate thing to do in your comment condemning my inflammatory remarks which I do admit making after i was called a "douche bag".

7. alexbecks

alexbecks Member

Ok, we understood that this coin is really "Explosive" ;)

After I watched that amazing video, I definitely want one :)
    Alex.

8. mmissinglink

If you are in the U.S., you may consider going to First Coin. Not only is their service great (I have purchased from them in the past and also this summer) but their prices are usually better than others for these special coins. I believe there is also a new small discount code you can use at FirstCoin...I haven't tried it yet and I don't know when it expires....it is: THANKYOU

9. Torcan

Torcan New Member Silver Stacker

Wow, never thought this thread would end up like this.

I think originally db23 was making an off hand joke about the coin, and then it all escalated..too bad :(

I think you are both right though, because Domes form on Volcanoes before eruptions sometimes, therefore, the interior could be molten, and more visible at night

I know, reaching, but hey let's keep it all in fun

10. mmissinglink

By the way, I just checked the First Coin website and noticed that the price has decreased...looks like because of the exchange rate of EURO/USD since the coin comes from Poland."

CoinWeek writer Louis Golino makes a great point about the incredibly innovative design of this coin when he expresses how this coin will likely win one or more coin awards from authorities in the Krausse annual judging.

11. Razz

Razz Member

Lava on a coin - krauss - incredible innovative - coin award(s) ! by the way no thanks

12. mmissinglink

You know you want it Razz, go for it! The lava will be cool enough for you to touch. :)

13. natsmezz

natsmezz Member

How is this innovative? Other guys like CIT are making coins like this. The BHOF and RAM constellation coins are concave as well unless I'm missing something here.

14. mmissinglink

The dome idea is not entirely new, but I feel that this coin is innovative in the level of relief on both sides of this dome coin. I am not familiar with all coins out there so there may be a coin that has the same quality of relief on both curved surfaces. The baseball coin from the US Mint can't even compare to the Volcano coin in my view in that respect.

Incidentally, I am following some auctions for the Volcano Erta Ale on ebay and the first that ended sold for more than $400...certainly more than you'd have to pay if buying in the USA considering many of the sellers on ebay don't ship FREE (see my initial post for a free shipping dealer).

Here's the eBay listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/271659828223

15. lostwords

lostwords New Member

am I the only think that this coin look like the Moldavite coin? are they related?

16. mmissinglink

The Volcano Erta Ale is a far more sophisticated design in my view. The Moldavite coin appears to be very low relief and barely domed at all. Take a look at the video for the Volcano Erta Ale coin and I think you will agree that it is a big step above the Moldavite coin. I have only pictures and video to go by.

17. Ghost Story

Ghost Story Active Member

I have a question what is a douche and why collect them in a bag ? ok answered my own question http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douche never stop learning on this forum :)

nice coin but wont be buying one.