Is this the bottom ?

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by renovator, Nov 7, 2014.

1. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

curious about thoughts where we are now .
    Im not sure but i have a feeling it might be .

2. Andy28

Andy28 Well-Known Member

Is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide......

Sorry, I'm back. For no reason at all, I think we might see low $14US and that's about it.

3. ytrader

ytrader Member

how good are your feelings :p

the way gold spot is look right now, i dont think we've seen the end yet. using gold as a reference, we got another ~15% drop to go :/

4. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

November 6, 2014.
    They're Burning The Furniture Now.
    "Last night around 12:30 a.m. EST, $1.5 billion of paper gold was dumped into the Comex Globex computer trading system during one of the least liquid periods of trading in any 24 hour period. It was done when there was almost no resistance from the physical market. The two largest physical buying markets in the world were dormant when this hit occurred: India was closed for holiday observance and Shanghai was on its mid-day trading hiatus.

Dumping this enormous load of paper gold onto the market like this can only be done by an entity that has an agenda other than profit motive. Even if a big player wanted to establish or add to a short position to express a bearish view on gold, a position of this size would be carefully set up in order to maximize the price level received for selling-short the gold futures. Instead, a powerful entity who can easily absorb the likely losses dumped this paper gold on the market with the goal of manipulating the price lower."

read more at http://www.silverdoctors.com/theyre-burning-the-furniture-now/#more-48391

I would like to know who those orders belonged to...

5. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

China... setting themselves up a nice discount on their next phys purchase. Long phys short paper ;)

6. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

The only feelings & movements i act on immediateley is the feelings & movement in my underpants :p:

Honestly i never profess to know too much about irrational markets . I am a gut feeling investor nothing more & at the moment im feeling like buying a little more for the first time in a few years . My feelings for the last few years is its going south ..so i was correct . Just not sure how much lower it can go . a couple of dollars ? not sure its worth the wait .

Edit im talking about silver i think gold has way more than a couple of dollars to fall .

7. suarez7

suarez7 Member

i have no doubt Gold will hit $1000 which will take silver further down with it.

The biggest problem with large selloffs like we have seen is that theres always a long consolidation period, so being in metals for another few years with no real price movement is going to potentially have your cash tied up in an investment not going anywhere.

Im looking to buy at the moment though year, if its long term hold your looking for, it looks cheap ATM

8. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

Dan Norcini thinks the selling is margined longs trying to save their asses.

I am hoping the next dip down is the last one for a while. I don't follow many technical indicators (RSI, MACD, etc.), but the ones I do follow are near extremes that should mark a multi-month low.

9. Naphthalene Man

Naphthalene Man Active Member Silver Stacker

I tend to lose at roulette, and the horses, and the dogs but reckon silver is only going north from here.

10. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Doesn't matter.

The exchange rate is what to watch.

11. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

I was hoping for one more down day for DSLV to hit the 94-96 area, but 91.xx may have been it. Unless we correct back down soon, this might be a multi month bottom. I still think pms are going lower, but the sentiment has gotten too one-sided and we likely need a rise in pms for a few months to set the stage for the next decline.

12. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Going up? What happened to breaching 15 USD?

13. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

lol bloody close to breaching $16

14. HattieTheWitch

HattieTheWitch New Member

I'm new to PM's and trying to learn as much as I can before dipping my toe in. Can you explain what you mean and how one uses that information it to their advantage?

Thanks much.

15. phrenzy

phrenzy In Memoriam - July 2017 Silver Stacker

for you this doesn't matter much. he's talking about the exchange rate between the US and Australian dollar. Because silver is priced in US dollars if the Australian dollar falls it will take more Australian dollars to buy an ounce of silver even if the price in US dollars doesn't change and the reverse if the Australian rises against the USD.

Much easier to follow for you in the US but for us "international" folk buying and selling silver in other currencies there is some forex currency exchange involved.

This can be a good thing if, for example, you think that the Aussie dollar will fall (some people say around 20% against the USD) those who bought silver before hand will find their silver worth 20% more Australian dollars than when they bought it , plus or minus the change in silver's spot price. The inverse of this though is that anyone looking to buy silver at that time will have to pay 20% more.

Long story short, if your in the states like your location thing says, no need to fret.

16. Ronnie 666

Ronnie 666 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

17. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Sry, no time to watch just now. What does he base the prediction on?

18. Ronnie 666

Ronnie 666 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

His father wrote the stocktradersalmanac and he believes in cycles. Clearly not for gold. He predicts S&P going to 22k then 30k

19. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

yes,we meet here

[​IMG]