Hades 2014 Gods of Olympus 2 oz silver coin

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by thecoincollector, Jun 21, 2014.

1. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

:) Gotta have some IT staff around this time for the inevitable online meltdown?

2. Elkslayer132

Elkslayer132 New Member

Just got my email from Downies i sure like the way they treat their customers

Now available to PRE ORDER!
    2014 $2 Gods of Olympus - HADES 2oz Silver Antique Coin

Dear xxxxxxx,
    Having previously purchased the Gods of Olympus - Poseidon 2oz Silver Antiqued Coin earlier this year, we are delighted to give you the exclusive opportunity to own the eagerly anticipated third and final release in this eye-catching series, the 2014 $2 Gods of Olympus Hades 2oz Silver Antiqued Coin before it is released nationwide!

As with previous releases in this high-relief series, our allocation is extremely small - therefore we can only offer one coin per customer, for a very limited time. Please CLICK THE BUTTON BELOW and express your commitment to buy the 2014 $2 Gods of Olympus - Hades 2oz Silver Antique Coin . This offer is exclusive to previous buyers of this series and must end at 9:00am on Monday, 15th September 2014 (AEST). An order confirmation email will be sent out to you shortly after the September 15 deadline has passed.

Delivery of the 2014 Gods of Olympus - HADES coin is expected in Late-October 2014.

3. silver kook

silver kook Active Member

Thanks for letting me know. Will go and book my Hades now for issue price! Downies have done a great job of letting those who purchased the Zeus complete the series.

4. pushingtin

pushingtin Member Silver Stacker

Yeah Downies are really good, they seem to be customer focus driven rather than sales driven which puts them in a league of their own.

Full respect! My pre-order has been placed.

5. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

preorder placed, thanks Caitlin :)

6. coffeeluver

coffeeluver Member Silver Stacker

Anyone know when this will be open to those who didn't buy poseidon off them?

7. pushingtin

pushingtin Member Silver Stacker

I am guessing if they have stock left over after the pre-orders, they will probably be available same day as the Perth Mint release: 7th October.

8. Downies

Downies New Member

Hi coffeeluver,

As you can imagine we've had a huge response to our previous buyers campaign. As word has got out we've also received quite a large number of requests already from the general public to be put onto a waitlist in the event that there are any Hades coins left over after the previous buyers offer has ended.

Due to this response we won't be putting the coin on our website at all, as we have enough requests to cover any remaining stock.

We will be allocating the remaining stock to people who have requested a coin on a first-come-first-served basis.

You're welcome to contact us at [email protected] and request to be put on the waitlist in the event that any stock becomes available (due to people dropping out, etc).

Kind regards,

Renee

9. bloomst

bloomst Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Thank You for the update

10. magickookaburraride

magickookaburraride New Member

The Perth Mint needs to get their head out of their ass on the release of this series, I got the Zeus fairly easily...but got hosed on the Poseidon release...even being logged on WAY before it went live.

It looks like the Hades will be no different, pretty sad.

11. asdfghjkl32

asdfghjkl32 Member

I couldn't get mine..... :(

12. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

13. asdfghjkl32

asdfghjkl32 Member

14. old silver guy

old silver guy New Member

I managed to snag one....I had 10 computers running. IT TOOK 1.5 HOURS TO GET THE ORDER PLACE!!!!!!! Damn perth mint

15. old silver guy

By the way, I don't think retail stores should get a reserve amount of the coins. They retailers should be place on the same playing field as the rest of us....Do you agree????

16. old silver guy

Does anyone know if there will be another Gods of Olympus series or something similar ?

17. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I don't know about the coin trade but I once asked someone about the really old films they put on late at night when no one is watching. They told me that in order to be able to show the latest blockbuster films first, each channel had to buy a package which included the new release and a ton of old films that no one would ever want to watch. Rather than waste the old films, and to save money making programs for people on odd shifts, the put them on anyway in a time slot where no one looks at the ratings.

I thought that this was an isolated incidence until I came across a gaming shop selling sealed boxes of Magic the Gathering cards. I asked them why they bought so many boxes of what was an obviously unpopular set. They told me that in order to maintain the number of boxes of the next product that they could order they had to increase the number of all the sets, even the ones they weren't interested in. They could make more money selling the new arrivals, even if they had to discount the older stock just to get it off the shelves.

Could be a similar sort of thing for the coins, I remember that there was a problem with everyone on the forum wanting to know why we couldn't buy the whole 300,000 of the Lunar Dragons, I think we could have put in a pre order for about 500,000 if they had let us. We wanted to know why they were being given to overseas dealers instead of the the true blue ozzies customers who should be PMs main priority. It was pointed out that PM were giving orders to people who were regular customers and not just to the people who wanted to jump in on the popular coins. The overseas dealers had been buying Lunar Rabbits when few Australians were interested, keeping PM in business between the big ticket coins like the dragons and tigers.

18. old silver guy

Thank you for the info... That makes sense

19. Perth Bullion Company

Perth Bullion Company New Member

Removed my sarcasm, sorry.

20. jazzy988

jazzy988 Member

Peered into my crystal ball and I foresee a corresponding series comprising 3 Greek goddesses.