Talisman Came Thru!!

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by barsenault, Oct 4, 2014.

1. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

6 Superman Gold Coins
    2 Abalone Shells
    9 Superman #419
    1 Superman #1

I have to give kudos where kudos is due. They've never failed to deliver on product that I purchased - no matter how popular. :D

[​IMG]

2. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Well finally some good news!

But only one of the issue #1?

3. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Congrats....our friends at Talisman get the job done in Talisman-time. :)

Pictures please when you can.

4. picturefun

picturefun Member

The SCAM Tailismancoin failed me MULTIPLE times, Berlin fair black Dragon, Opal Koala, to name two. And the worst was, once I ordered some not hot coin and the popular Funnel spider coin he could sell at higher price on Ebay, he escaped the spider coin, and ONLY sent me the not popular coins, WITHOUT any explanation! So I returned the package without opening. Serve him right he had to pay the shipping for nothing.

And I have NOT ordered anything from him since!

5. barsenault

So sorry that happened to you. I can only share from my personal experience. He's never not followed thru on the orders I placed thru the website. Granted, they are slow in shipping, because they are waiting on the mints to ship them the product, but the stuff always comes. Just say'n

6. lostwords

lostwords New Member

You did ordered from Fleabay right?

Btw, congrats that you got the coins... I think you are the only one that consistently getting coins from them

7. barsenault

actually, I always order thru their site. it's the cheapest way to go. Out of the gate they have great prices on new issues, but as soon as the coin catches on, they slowly up the price, once their 'low inventory' runs dry. For example the gold superman coin, watch seems to be dropping like a rock thanks to spot price tanking, originally started out at 890.00, now they have it listed for 1,295.00...with none in inventory. I spoke with Bob, the manager a couple days ago, and they really are on the up and up. I'm not sure why so many here have a hard time getting their stuff. I'd love to hear their side of the coin, you know what I mean? NOT that I doubt any of the experiences of you or the others, but I'd like to understand why I get everything, and many don't. It's interesting. I got the NIUE 5 oz Horse for 360.00 when it came out...no problem. Should have bought 10 of those. LOL. But I got it thru Bob as that coin was climbing by the day in price. Anyway, just some thoughts. I recently got the Pearl Black Penny Stamp...4 of those. All perfect. Got those from him, no one else has them...he has stuff at good prices...usually...not always. :)))

edit: No he hasn't paid me to say this stuff, in case any smartalecks out there are thinking it. I think he gets a fair amount of bad press, but I wanted to share about my positive experience.

8. mmissinglink

I have purchased some coins from Talisman directly, not through eBay. I've never had a problem. My very first order with them came with a significant delay but Bob stated that he had to wait for my check to clear since I was a new customer. I don't remember how I paid for subsequent orders but can not recall an unusually long delay....just the normal delays that you might expect from a small business....which is what i think Talisman is.

It does suck though when anyone has a bad experience from any company.

9. barsenault

Yeah, you're right. I should have bought 10 of those, and just a few of the #419. I get the package in, and show my kids, who love coins too, and I ask them AFTER the fact, ugh, 'hey which silver coin you like better?' #1 or #419? Of course all 3 of them said, 'dad, of course #1. Should have sough their counsel from the outset. Oh well. I'll get 5 more of the #1 from a certain dealer when they list them for sales.:p

10. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Member

When the dragons were all the rage I ordered 6 of these from them.

http://www.talismancoins.com/servlet/Detail?no=1728

They mailed me 1 with no explanation, no communication what so ever. It was the last time I've ordered anything from them, and will not again unless I have no other option, and the option of not buying specific items at all exists. At this point, I'm no longer a customer of theirs at all.

My belief is dragonmania made them greedy, and I'm very glad for them that they still have those in stock, 3 years later. Maybe I should send them a message suggesting they should give every individual coin of that sku a name and keep them as pets, or put them in a terra cotta pot and water them, maybe they'll grow...the other option is where I'd really like for them to shove that inventory...

11. lostwords

lostwords New Member

again, I am glad you got your coin. But the problem with Talisman is with every order with hot coins went through, there are 9 orders that they F people over. No one argue that a dealer should make money but the way they do it is dirty and cheap. I've pre-ordered three Farewell to penny sets from them a few years ago. Ordered the moment I received the email that they are available for pre-order. Paid by paypal and patiently waited for almost 2 months. Each time calling them with promised that it will be ship with the next shipment that arrived from RCM but only to see them posting the same coin sets on Ebay for much higher price. I called and complained again and put in a dispute on Paypal. They refund my money. They screw me once and am not interest in letting them screw me again. Rather spend my money else where.

12. chubbycheeks

chubbycheeks Member

I was in the same boat as others who have posted. Everyone kept telling me the same thing "stay away from that company" But I kept saying well they haven't screwed me over so I'll continue with them. Then I ordered 1 zues coin from them, not 5,6 or 10 but 1, after 2 months I tried to contact them, no one picked up so I left a message. Suddenly my ordered was deleted from my history. I called in again and this time someone picked up, their story changed from something was wrong with my CC to their allocation from the mint was shorted and there was nothing they could do. 2 weeks later their sold out went to in stock so I can only assume I wasn't the only one they did that too.

Another story which is not as bad because I actually got the item this time around. I spent close $500 for 3 silver coins, when they arrived there were milk spots everywhere...my complaints fell on deaf ears. You'd expect when paying that large premium they'd mention the coins were in that condition. I can't fully fault them for that because there was no mention of the condition of the coins, but it still felt like a kick in the teeth.

Not sure if it was because I'm from Canada but after those two experiences I can't say I'd recommend anyone shopping there. Why take the coin flip on your purchase. I don't feel I should have to worry about my order going through or having a good experience shopping at a store.

13. barsenault

Man, oh man, Chubbycheeks, and lostswords, sorry to hear of your unfortunate experience. I'm certainly not disputing your discription of what happened. I'm just a bit surprised is all. I'm not sure how they can selectively choose who will get what when ordered. Funny enough, I'm not sure if you're referring to the actual farewell penny? I got 6 of those puppies from them, again, without a hitch or a delay. I don't spend a ton of money with them, so I'm sure that's not why I continue to get orders, and others, based on what I'm reading, are not getting theirs. Strange indeed. I'll continue to order from them, and hopefully they will be on the up and up on the follow thru on delivering what I order, no matter how popular or what the increase in price is. Thanks for sharing your story.

14. mmissinglink

I definitely echo what Barsenault has expressed. I will be mindfull of these experiences you folks have noted next time I consider ordering from Talisman. My orders were relatively small $ amounts and besides I haven't ordered from Talisman in over a year I think so it's not like Talisman would lose big business if I choose to not order with them again until I hear consistently positive experiences from a few folks.