Provident Metals Has New Bullion Series

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by jchrisrobledo, Jul 26, 2014.

1. jchrisrobledo

jchrisrobledo Member

I just found out today that Provident Metals will be starting a new series titled 12 Labors of Hercules.
    I guess after all the success Perth Mint had with Gods of Olympus, they wanted to try their hand at Greek Mythology.

There is a link for more information and a video they posted. I am for one super excited about this. I have loved Greek Mythology for so long and seeing all the creatures on a coin like Hydra, Hippoytla, and Cerberus, should be awesome. And if this series is like their Zombucks series, I am sure the designs will be spectacular. Not many people have enjoyed the Zombucks, but I do. I have always enjoyed Provident Metals as a mint and think they produce great quality rounds so I can't wait to see the first design.

Anybody thinking they might get this? Any thoughts?

http://www.blog.providentmetals.com/featured-products/12-labors-of-hercules-series-introduced.htm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrGr8AbSIrc[/youtube]

2. pstansel

pstansel New Member

Provident's success has been spotty with the Zombucks, and a lot of people are done with them. The premium is high on these but the free shipping helps. What I can't unsee now that someone said it is the... sexual nature let's call it... of the first round ;)

3. ironwood

ironwood Active Member Silver Stacker

Can't say I'll be buying these. I do like the concept though. I especially like that these will be available for one month only VS the time frame the zombucks were released.
    I assume at or near the end Provident will be offering a nice presentation box that will hold the whole set. If they're smart they'd offer the box for sale in the beginning. :)

4. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

There is confusion because the article mentions a 5oz and then 1oz round. The one for sale is 5oz and at $119 or about $3 per oz over spot, that seems a fair premium, especially with free shipping thrown in. The only problem I see is that the initial round is available for the full year vs. 1 month for the other 11.

http://www.providentmetals.com/5-oz-silver-hercules-the-12-labors.html

5. pstansel

pstansel New Member

Well that and it looks like Hercules is about to suck on... something ;)

6. jchrisrobledo

jchrisrobledo Member

Hahaha. Now I can't unsee that -_- I doubt they can still fix that but they probably should.
    But the Zombucks haven't been TOO bad, in my opinion. The price is okay and designs are really cool to me. And that's cause I hate this modern "zombie craze." The shows and movies are like, bleh. I guess I like the concept of 'Zombifying' classic coins. I know, however, what really pissed people off was them minting proof coins after releasing the mintage of the bullions. Nobody knew about the proof and was like a big F-U, and like saying, wait.. we are gonna mint more.. but it's proof, so your bullion is still special.

Yeah I would hope they did that and released the box BEFORE. So as soon as you get the new coin, you can put it in the case.
    A lot of people are hoping they do that at the end of the Zombucks series. I sure am.

7. jchrisrobledo

jchrisrobledo Member

It is a bit confusing but no, the 5 oz does not count as part of the 12 1oz Labors of Hercules.
    "The series dedicated to this beloved hero and his mighty deeds launches with the Hercules 5 oz bullion round.." It's only launching with the 5 oz and goes on to say it's a flagship coin. The 5 oz is only a big coin of Hercules to represent what the 12 labors are about. It goes on to say, "The 12 Labors will then be celebrated on individual 1 oz silver..," it says it will THEN have the 12 labors on individual 1 oz coins. So it's the 5 oz kickstarter, THEN the 12 individual 1 oz. That's why it's available throughout the duration of the series.

8. fltacoma

fltacoma Member

Ive thought about buying the 5oz coin. Still on the fence though......

9. fltacoma

fltacoma Member

10. Stack 'em high

Stack 'em high New Member

I will be getting this set just as long as i can source it here in the uk.

Yes to get the box maybe on the third or fourth coin would be a better idea.

11. jchrisrobledo

jchrisrobledo Member

@fltacoma- You should pick it up! It's unique and it's 5 oz of silver. If anything, it's a good chuck of silver. My only debate is whether I should get it now or wait til the first coin is released to I can purchase them together and get free shipping on both coins. I just don't wanna wait til September though! That's to much of waiting. Hahaha.

@Stack 'em- I'm sure you'll be able to do so. I think this is cool enough to be somewhat popular. Like I stated, people seem to love this Greek Mythology stuff.

12. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

I find that 12 'labors' of hercules theme a poor one. It's like 'we had to find something and we did'. Graphically they don't look impressive / thoughtful either. At first I thought he was licking an ice cream but it could be a micro too lol.

13. jchrisrobledo

jchrisrobledo Member

@Pirocco-Yeah the theme of Greek Mythology has been done before like I said, but I love it. And they only released one of the designs. There are still 12 other coins. They might be a lot better. I'll start the series and just wait to see how they turn out.

I do have to say after all these comments, I can't help but laugh at this introductory bullion. Haha now I can't look at it the same way ever again.

14. balandadale

balandadale New Member

Free shipping?? I have emailed Proivdent and they state that they only post to the USA and Canada! But of course they want to expand their markets..etc..etc..
    Who knows of the way to get these and the Zombucks within Aust or elsewhere??

Cheers

15. Perth Bullion Company

Perth Bullion Company New Member

We have some of these in stock, however most of the earlier releases are sold out now.

http://www.perthbullion.com/shop/search/?price_range=&cat_id=&query=zomb&submit_form=Search

(Sorry, was referring to the Zombucks not other Provident rounds. If there is any decent interest we could stock them, but we recently decided that demand for these rounds would not be strong enough to stock them in Austrlia.)

16. Taz03

Taz03 Member

I'll be interested in a few. Cheers, Taz03