Posting a coin from the US to the UK

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by bring-the-silver, Sep 12, 2014.

1. bring-the-silver

bring-the-silver Member

Hi I am looking to purchase a handful of these new Provident Metal - Hercules coins.
    http://www.providentmetals.com/bullion/bullion-by-series/the-12-labors-of-hercules-series.html

Unfortunately I live in the UK and they do not post here, I've looked at getting forward shipping to the UK but it looks like I'll easily be spending the value of the coins getting them here :(

Does anyone know an effective way of getting coins from the US shipped to the UK without spending a fortune?

I don't know if anyone offers the service of forward shipping but I'd be more than happy to use a trusted forum member if there is someone with good reviews and trust that could help me out.

Thanks

2. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

I have never shipped coins to the UK so I don't know if I could get a price better than what you have already seen, but send me a PM and let me know how much (weight) you are interested in having sent and I can look into finding out if there's a cost effective way.

3. iluvbeanz

iluvbeanz Member

bring-the-silver, shoot me a PM. I'm from the US and ran a group buy for Aus, and a separate one for the UK forum. I can help you get those coins to forward over there.

Edit: oh nevermind, it looks like mmissinglink was willing to help. But if you need anything forwarded in the future, feel free to PM me.

4. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Actually, I did not know you were still around, iluvbeanz, before I posted my comment.

So, to bring-the-silver, iluvbeanz has already shipped to GB (and elsewhere) from the US and I believe he used a shipping service that is less expensive than the USPS. Therefore, now that I know iluvbeanz is back, I would suggest to contact that member....iluvbeanz will have the answer on this without having to research it like I would need to.

5. bring-the-silver

bring-the-silver Member

Thank you very much for your prior offer to help, I very much appreciate it :)

I will drop iluvbeanz a message now and see if we can work out a deal

Thanks again

6. chubbycheeks

chubbycheeks Member

You should be caution when importing silver into the UK, you run a very real risk of duty. You should calculate that into your final price before going ahead with things. From my past experience It's hit or miss with customs, sometimes you can get away with it but other times they will get you.

7. bring-the-silver

bring-the-silver Member

Thanks for the tips. Unfortunately I'm well aware of the custom charges in the UK and all I can do is hope they don't find the parcel. Normally I find the prices work out to about the same (~25/oz) as if I had purchased them in the UK and these little gems won't be available here so I am happy to pay any premium I get.

Of cause if I do manage to avoid the customs the price will be much lower than if I had purchased in the UK

8. bring-the-silver

bring-the-silver Member

*Bump*

Been unable to contact iluvbeanz for the last week or so (although had agreed to purchase through him)

Unfortunately as these coins are only to be sold for the next 2 weeks I'm rather worried I might miss out if he does not reply soon.

Would anyone else be able to assist me on short notice, I don't want to commit to another person before confirming whether or not iluvbeanz will be able to help or not.

Thanks

9. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

If iluvbeanz or mmissinglink cannot do it, I will. I swapped a couple of ASEs for some Baird Highland Stags with Ladybird(Ladybug?) and the postage wasn't that much. There was the risk of not insuring, but both of us got our coins/rounds. Ebay would be much faster and possibly cheaper. The specific listing below says free shipping and it states they ship to Europe. The next link is a general search I performed and found several sellers.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1oz-Nemean-...lion_Bars_Rounds&hash=item27ec5723b5#shpCntId

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...oz+Silver+The+12+Labors+of+Hercules+&_sacat=0

10. bring-the-silver

bring-the-silver Member

Very useful, thanks for letting me know about eBay, somehow the site didn't even cross my mind when looking for these rounds.

I think I will get a few from ebay but thanks for also letting me know about Lady(bird/bug)

11. ScottyRS

ScottyRS New Member

Just on a side note. I order a lot of my stuff from Germany as you don't have the taxes when buying from EU counties. Might be helpful :)