Stacking 5 ounce America the beautiful coins

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Jkenosh, May 8, 2014.

1. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

It's good to know you are okay. Welcome back! :)

2. heyimderrick

heyimderrick Active Member

I have the complete run of the "P" coins. They are generally gorgeous. Some of the designs are so-so, but the uniqueness of the series is excellent. The only downside, they take up a ton of space in the mint boxes. I had to get a second safe to keep just these in.

3. mmissinglink

4. heyimderrick

heyimderrick Active Member

There's actually a mistake in the article. The 2012 "P" Volcanoes uncirculated version is $749 at APMEX, the bullion version is $399. The 2013 "P" Mount Rushmore uncirculated is $220, while the bullion version is $200.

Regardless, a great series to get into despite the current state of the PM market.

5. mmissinglink

I noticed the same type of mistake in my current print issue of Coin World...they have the SP69 "P" listed ($750) as more than twice the price of the SP70 "P" version ($300). They got the order reversed. Semi-numis are almost always still affected to some degree by the spot price of the metal they are composed of....that's to be expected. That said, if you were forced to sell either the 20 5 oz blobs or the 20 5 oz ATB "P" coins you purchased 2 years ago by December of 2014 (to make a significant necessary payment) , and if by the end of this year we see continued consolidation down to $15 / oz for silver, you'd be far better off having bought the collector version ATB coin than a 5 oz blob of silver based on what I'm generally seeing on sites like eBay. In fact, you may not even find a buyer for the blob at $12 / oz.....it's not like there's any shortage whatsoever of silver blobs everywhere you look. Most are collecting dust on inventory shelves due to low sentiment I bet.