I predicted it, and a futher bloodbath in low ounce silver

Discussion in 'Silver' started by jjrici, Nov 17, 2013.

1. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

I am making money while you are losing money, so I would say that I am much happier with my investing than you are with your stacking. As far as the cost of production, it can and likely will fall, especially if oil drops more in price. Miners are squeezing suppliers for lower costs even as I type.

If silver dropping to $9 doesn't bother you, good for you. But you have been cheerleading others to follow your example and almost everyone else would be extremely upset to see their silver fall another 50%.

I bought most of my silver in 2007-2010 at prices below $20. I sold my ASEs earlier this year and I am slowing selling the semi numis on ebay. Last night, my ebay client dropped off a check for $5336 for the sale of 125 coins. That is over $42 per coin. Should silver drop to $9, then I could effectively buy 500 ounces with the proceeds from the 125 I purchased 3 years ago. Quadrupling silver ounces in 4 years without spending any additional money seems like very good stacking to me. Should I put that money into DSLV and silver goes to $9, then DSLV will go up 125-150%. That multiplies my ability to stack even further. Just because someone doesn't stack according to your schedule, doesn't mean they are wrong in their methodology.

2. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You are now whistling a different tune. First you play the hypothetical of a 50% drop and then use today's prices to justify a hypothetical deal in the future. I bought a shitload of fifties yesterday at $7.90 which I can sell today at $8.90. An astute purchase on yesterday's dip. You don't think that I would be buying on the way down to a new low, and if the profits were right selling on the highs?

As you bought most of your silver up to 2010, how much of your less silver purchased on the high above $20 was sold to give your return at $42 per coin? How often have you made losses money on a coin? Most stackers don't take a loss as they still hold the silver. For you, every coin bought above today's spot represents angst. Life as a virgin must be embittering!

As to my cheer leading, you lead by example. I am all in with silver at these prices. Other than some small sales and swaps to reflect my choices I have being accumulating silver at an obscene rate. With dollar price averaging and early selling on the highs, my stack sits at about $25 spot. This reflects my silver philosophy.

3. trav

trav Member

I get the impression a lot of people on here are missing the trees for the forrest.

I understand there are those who trade away madly - whether it be in silver, gold, realestate, bonds, currencies or any other damn thing - What do you get out of that trading? You hopefully obtain a profit in fiat to do what? To buy a nice car??? (massive loss of value from day dot) or to buy a fancy home entertainment system? (Massive loss of value from day dot) or maybe to go on an overseas trip??

What I'm getting at is the other side of the coin (no pun intended) is those who instead of getting enjoyment out of cars/computers/stereos/entertainment systems just enjoy the ownership of precious metals in all forms instead of the more consumer oriented ones.

There is no right and wrong, and most like me are probably somewhere in the middle, but I just wanted to point it out :)

4. jjrici

jjrici New Member

Another intelligent poster.

Yes currency might be fiat, but silver is still expressed RELATIVE to that fiat currency.

The simple fact is that those who were smarter adapted to the situation. And the simple situation is that those who just held, or worse bought at parabolic highs, have seen a significant decline in their PURCHASING POWER as that silver is translated back into fiat money.

5. jjrici

jjrici New Member

And how many other people have quoted as 'all in at silver at these prices', only to see it drop further.

I am sure at prices lower in the future, some other poster(s) will also say 'all in'.

The good news is that eventually, mathematically, a few will get this right.:D

6. sammysilver

Jjrici, you are laying hypothetical upon hypothetical, I'm in the moment. What I do today is based on today's intelligence. The "what ifs" do not outweigh the "yes I can". You can go through life knowing that you have done nothing wrong, I'll go through life knowing that I have done most things right.

7. bimaco

bimaco New Member

sammysilver,
    I fully agree with your post but please keep in mind you are just feeding an imbecile troll.

8. sammysilver

Point taken.

I'm off to a Christmas party. Was going to giver silver as presents. I hyperventilated. I got a panic attack. I blew fiat on them instead. I can sleep at nights.

9. jjrici

jjrici New Member

and I still am still correct, hope not too many listen on to those perma bulls on this site.

10. smk762

smk762 Active Member Silver Stacker

11. jjrici

jjrici New Member

lol this is so funny.

This is the best you can do.

I am making money, you want to make yourself feel better.

Go ahead buddy.

I am quite happy to continue to build my wealth, while you make yourself feel better.

The last stage is when you finally sell your silver to me at disgusting prices, whilst still posting rubbish.

The difference between a professional and an amature is the amature always wants to post songs, lines, pictures, phrases blah blah blah.

The professional makes money.

Plenty of abuse copped against me on this forum since I joined.

Those who listen are in the black. Those who abused are in the red.

Quite simple.

But popularity was never my intention.

Making money isl

12. smk762

Thanks for the clarification, apologies if your sensitivities were breached, it was a childish jest, which I am sure you are far too busy with important things to be concerned with.
    I was merely attempting to lighten the mood after the tone of your post addressing those that bothered to listen. I understand now that you were not addressing me, so I should not have responded. I hope that making myself feel better didn't make you feel worse. It was never my intention. Don't worry, you are making money. Though I haven't copped too much abuse in my short time here, there has been some interesting differences of opinion discussed in a mostly civil manner.

Thanks for the heads up on professionalism, I generally don't generalise, so I wasn't sure which stereotype to identify with. Guess by being lazy and posting a picture instead of writing an essay, you might be right. I haven't posted a song yet, so here's one I wrote for you -

The pro said his piece to all who did read
    but some didn't bother to listen.
    Those ignorant fools why would they not heed
    the bloodbath he saw in his vision.

With a grin and strong hands, the prophet still stands
    popularity not being the intention,
    while the bear has no kill, it's moving downhill
    so he quoted the bloodbath he'd mentioned.

Along came a guy, as the bloodbath drew nigh,
    an amateur with photographic derision
    didn't take the advice, he'll be dead and on ice,
    when the bear runs him down in a Nissan.

13. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

For the better part of the last two years, gold has been closely correlated to the usd/yen ratio. Kyle Bass just stated that the usd/yen ratio will quickly go to 125 or about another 14%. That much drop in pms would equate to $1075 gold and likely sub $15 silver. Even though I am hedged and there are things that I would like to buy, no way I can do that unless I am using funds from selling other pms.

14. sammysilver

A great thread. What it shows is that not much has changed in the year of this thread. I have more than doubled my stack at these slighter lower prices. Had I saved my fiat for a year I know most would have been pissed up against the wall on wine, women, and song. Now I'm more discriminate as to which wine, woman or song I piss against so more money can go into silver.

15. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

You say that like it is a bad thing. :lol:

16. sammysilver

It's all to do with the DRR (dinner for root ratio), you stop playing the percentages and go for the odds. Hopefully a better outcome for less money and effort. The plus is, is that you avoid the good women.

17. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Gotta balance it with what I call the POCI (Probability Of Carking It) factor which is correlated with hedonism. i.e., If you spend all your money on women and good times then the probability that you'll live a long but impoverished life increases. If you are a disciplined saver and investor, and deny yourself the pleasures in life, then it is more likely that Death will come knocking early and deliver a bitch-slap.

The below chart should illustrate the concept:

[​IMG]

18. smk762

I ended up bumping into the bear last night, and she gave me a lift home so I cooked her breakfast.

[​IMG]

19. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

20. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

Ah now i understand the big mac index ...this finance stuff is easy !!! :p: