1st year stackers

Discussion in 'Silver' started by galifreyan_guy, Sep 23, 2014.

1. graydragon

graydragon New Member

Raven Being from Tx Usa and over 50 yrs of age and the fact I also work 50-70 hrs a wk
    And I get about 4 hrs a night sleep I also try to spend 4-8 hrs a wk playing guitar and learning progressing at it
    And I raised trained and was showing my dogs.plus Silver as a hobby I stay extremely busy and I love my dogs guitars
    and Silver and I come here to share some of that and enjoy other peoples thoughts and pictures wether its their coins kids cats whatever.
    And I had just recovered my photo account and was making sure I could access and post pics from it.
    So I would appreciate If you would refrain from calling me things like Gob and Boy Its disrespectful At the least.
    I Will Apologize for coming back after you . Everyone should respect each other yet protect themselves at all times.
    Please carry on Gentlemen and forgive my Impatience.
    Thank you graydragon

2. raven

raven Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

reference was to tx_dragon and not to "greydragon".

Don't mean to have any bad blood, so my mistake.

All good. I was just being lazy, due to long nights etc.
    :)

3. AussieStacker

AussieStacker New Member

Hi there guys, I'm new to stacking. Thought about it for about two years before anything happened, and now three months in I've hit the 100oz mark. I'm of the same mind set that if spot goes down that's a good thing as I'm in for the long haul. It's great to have a forum like this as like you say you can not tell anyone you know or that knows where you live.

4. galifreyan_guy

galifreyan_guy Member Silver Stacker

Welcome aussiestacker, some great info and members on this site its a good read. Fingers crossed us noobs get some good prices for awhile.

5. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj4nJ1YEAp4[/youtube]

6. newsilverfan

newsilverfan New Member

Nearly end of my first year and managed to accumulate 350oz is silver and few in gold all by saving as many $5 notes as possible. Yes you could say I've gotten rather um starts with a and ends in nal about saving prescious $5 notes...... But I don't care I'm turning into Scrooge McDuck with a passion for PM's

7. CFP

CFP New Member

Aussie Stacker, I have a similar mind set to you, I'm in it for the next 20-50 years depending on how life pans out. Good to meet you.

Dragon, beautiful dogs mate.

8. miniroo

miniroo Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

9. CFP

CFP New Member

I know there are different schools of thought on it but I like to diversify Miniroo, just put some spare money into PM.
    At the moment I am buying more than usual though and will adapt to overcome as needed. That's the plan anyway.

I could barely understand what that guy was saying lol

10. Tx_drAgon

Tx_drAgon New Member

I found some free time and have decided to respond to the aspersions cast in my direction. I won't address the manner in which the message was delivered. That has been covered and is now forgotten.

However, I will defend the content of my post. I understand the need for security, but I don't think my stack qualifies as a priority target for anyone who might be lurking on this board for nefarious purposes. There are countless posts and pictures on this board detailing single purchases that are more valuable than my modest stack. Is it the fact that that I detailed how the 140 oz was split up that increases my security risk? Would that really make any difference to a thief?

Did my post put me at increased risk? Maybe, a miniscule amount. But, just being on this board constitutes an increased risk. Stacks that are magnitudes larger than mine are easy to find. Just look for the highest post counts. And I may have misread the post, but it seems that Raven, you pointed out someone with a stack of 3,000 oz silver and 50-60 oz gold? Is that less egregious than my post?

And just for the record, my stack (even in its infant state) is distributed and protected. Further, nobody in my personal life has a clue that I am stacking. I consider my biggest security risk to be my mailman. Any suggestions on how to deal with that issue?

Now, as a Yank I realize that I am linguistically handicapped so I don't think I captured the full connotation of the "gob off" remark. Was there an implication that my post was a brag or a "look at me" post? I assure you that is not in my nature. The purpose of my post was twofold:

1) Holdfast's eminently helpful post recommended stack diversification. So is my stack showing sufficient diversity at this stage? I don't know. I thought I would seek recommendations. I honestly thought the first critique I might hear would be "Where are the Perths? Gotta have Lunars and Kooks!"

2) I was excited to see a thread dedicated to noob issues and hoped it might spark an informative discussion on stack management issues.

So there you have my perspective. To anyone who read all the way through this post, thank you for your time.

11. graydragon

graydragon New Member

Okay Sorry we got Off on the wrong foot. I get rather lazy sometime myself due to fatigue and My punctuation sucks
    IE I write in redneck LOL. Peace Raven
    graydragon

12. graydragon

graydragon New Member

Wow That's a lot Of Pm fpr the first year. I like Bigstack Mcgees videos He yalks a lot about Sacrificing luxury etc to be able
    to get pm or save good stuff silverfan!
    graydragon

13. graydragon

graydragon New Member

Thank You Certified much appreciated They get fed everyday before I do and some personal attention too helps me to chill after work .
    thanks again and Holler back at me sometime I been fooling around a bit with this song kinda in cellabration Of my new found buddys from down under.[yout
    graydragon
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZD982yrmx4
    p.s sorry I cant get the you tube feature to work all I can get is the link

14. graydragon

graydragon New Member

And Tx dragon good post man keep stacking and saving Im guessing by your name your also A Texan ? Like myself
    check out this guys vids. If you have not already.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmQs5vy-4Hc
    graydragon

15. Tx_drAgon

Tx_drAgon New Member

Yes, I am from Texas and yes, I have seen that video. Before I started stacking two months ago I spent about a month researching. I read on every forum I could find and watched dozens, if not hundreds, of YouTube videos. Sometimes it takes some effort to sort through the chaff to find the wheat, but I like a challenge. :)

16. AussieStacker

AussieStacker New Member

Ha ha I also research on YouTube, I like big stack McGee, silverfish and mike Maloney. I'm confident we are on the right path. The banks definitely can't be trusted. Yeah nice dogs gradragon

17. CFP

CFP New Member

NP Dragon, I'd love to have dogs like that. Until recently we were fostering animals, lots of "guy dogs" like rotts, staffies etc. I was in heaven, then we got this old couple of dogs that belonged to an old lady who couldn't look after them anymore. A maltese and a pomeranian. They are nice dogs and smart but have to be housed together, we took one to the vet and the other one freaked out, it was heart breaking. Lots of people wanted one dog or the other so to my missus's surprise I just said, bugger it we will keep them both. They are ten and eight so might as well give them happiness for however much longer they have here.

18. ego2spare

ego2spare Well-Known Member

Ahhhhhh yes, the first year stackers..... Soon the house sorting ceremony will commence and u will be assinged to one of the following houses. The Permabulls, collectors, doomsday stackers or griffindor. There is also no need to try out for the quidditch team to get your golden snitch. As we have all found out they they are very easily purchased online + postage. And remember it is never a good idea to praise " you know who" on the forum, "he who must not be named" but always is... Maloney.

19. Blackwood

Blackwood Member Silver Stacker

Hi,
    This has been an interesting thread to read - (thanks for starting it g_g). As a rule, I prefer to just read and learn what I can, but I am coming up to the end of my first year stacking so I thought I would chime in.

I got into this for a number of reasons - diversification, mistrust of our glorious leaders and our financial institutions..., a way to secure some of my assets in a discreet, moveable form so I could shift assets between continents. I thought Holdfast's summary pretty much covered what we new stackers need to remember.

I am not expecting anything remarkable to happen with precious metals anytime soon. I think we are in a long game, and expect to be holding metals for several years before looking at selling any.

I try to balance my buys between gold and silver, and try to hold many different forms - I have been buying both coins and bars from ounces to kilos, and I try to get both Canadian and Australian products because I divide my time between both countries. I am toying with getting some platinum and palladium as well. I am finding it an addictive pastime... I really need to exercise a lot of self-discipline to keep from sinking too much into it. I think it is easy to get carried away and find yourself with a lot more money tied up in metals than you might have anticipated!

20. galifreyan_guy

galifreyan_guy Member Silver Stacker

Thankyou for the post blackwood. What do you think has been your biggest change in stacking from 12months ago when you srarted? What/where/how you buy or goals for what you've bought.

Do you ever use your pms to take overseas and exchange for that countries currency instead of fiat for fiat? No loss in exchange rates. I guess if the price is up it would be worth it.