Now is the best time to buy silver in 4 years (!)

Discussion in 'Silver' started by TreasureHunter, Sep 13, 2014.

1. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

"Duck soup" When Groucho was asked for an explanation of the title, he quipped, "Take two turkeys, one goose, four cabbages, but no duck, and mix them together. After one taste, you'll duck soup for the rest of your life."

2. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

I read that the BRICs nations have the intention of setting up an international bank....wouldn't gold be the asset to store in the vaults just like other CB's do?

3. HattieTheWitch

HattieTheWitch New Member

For the newbies here (like me - first post!) could you describe from whom and how one goes about doing what you describe (low cost, no shipping or transport cost) to obtain physical silver? I'm sorry I don't know the ALT key combination for the crescent.

Thank you very much.

4. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

That's life?
    Life is what we make of it, the choices we make. I make mine. Things stay or change if people want.
    I didn't say that I don't want to buy low.
    I didn't say that I don't want to sell high.
    I didn't say that I don't want to buy low and sell high.
    Try to react on what I say, not what I don't say.
    What I DID say was this: that I won't sell to buy back in lower.
    Instead, I do my homewerk better when chosing the price I buy at.
    Which I should have done better from the beginning.
    I'll see where I get.
    I won't be the one telling others that the price will go to $moon in order to "offload" to then buy back in lower.
    That's quite simple, no?

About your besides, volume doesn't change the price. Nor do other factors.
    The spot price is simply driven by the amount ounces thrown for sale, relative to the amount ounces asked.
    And that includes futures contracts of 5000 ounces, meaning that the spot price reflects these future orders despite they're nearly never (99% not) delivered. For the simple reason that the futures markets purpose is to hedge against price changes due to speculators (case silver, weather has little relevance), not to buy the actual commodity, which is done in the cash/spot market.
    This hedge works buy inflicting those speculators a higher price. If speculators buy 5000 ounces then the hedgers take positions that end up in increasing the price a 'second' time. And vice versa (sell, decrease).
    That's all.
    No gestures involved.
    Just a strategy, against a money for nothing club.

5. Pirocco

Central banks, BRICS included only buy gold to decrease the amount ounces speculators receive for their fiatcurrencies.
    Data proves this. See the government sales figures.
    Central banks sell gold low and buy gold high to and from bullion banks.
    That's just sponsoring with new fiat.
    And the opposite of what speculators try.
    Make sure speculators receive less ounces for their fiat.
    Make sure speculators receive less fiat for their ounces.
    Why on earth then using central bank purchases as a argument to buy gold?
    It's the very opposite.
    For the obvious reason.

6. mmissinglink

Welcome to the SilverStacker forum Hattie!

The use of the to represent "physical silver" is by no means conventional here. In fact, I am, as far as I know, unique in using it as I may be the only alchemist here in this forum! :)

No, but seriously, you can just copy and paste it if you want to use it...I kinda like it so I will use it with people who are not going to knock me hard for using it.

As for where to get with no shipping cost, it really depends on where you live and what you buy. The simple answer is to shop at online dealers who offer free shipping. In the U.S. there are enough dealers who do offer free shipping that it's not too difficult to find them. But, keep in mind that depending on where you live, you may have to pay state or other taxes. So, calculate those sorts of things into your cost. Often, those taxes are more than the cost of shipping, so shop smartly. If you are planning to buy smaller amounts (1 coin to 100) you can sometimes find very good deals on eBay with free shipping and on top of that eBay occasionally offers significantly generous eBay Bucks on certain purchases. For example, I purchased a product on eBay recently for a good price, came with free shipping, and I received a full 10% back on the cost of the product I purchased. For certain, nowhere else can I get a better deal on this particular product than on eBay....no where.

Be a smart shopper and don't exclude any venue just because some people happen to have their own personal subjective bias against the venue.

Once again, welcome to the SiloverStacker forum and enjoy the discussions!

7. Sonic

Sonic New Member

Sellers certainly factor shipping in with their prices though. If you pay $25 (free shipping) that amount over spot isn't all premium, it's going toward their shipping fees too. I do like to find the free shipping ones though just so you know the full price you'll be paying up front.

8. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

Pirocco, so the central banks are manipulating gold's price downwards in order to keep the strength of their fiat?

It makes sense.

We hear all sorts of rumours blaming Goldman Sachs of making short-sales, but honestly, the Fed and the ECB could do it as well.
    They could sell their paper gold through representatives in order to crash gold's price.

And everyone's blaming poor li'l Goldman Sachs :lol:

9. raven

raven Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Goldman Sachs is the Fed.

10. graydragon

graydragon New Member

11. HattieTheWitch

HattieTheWitch New Member

Thanks!

I'm in the US - I'll put that on my profile. Are there any particular companies you would recommend in the US?

Thanks again.

12. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

The advice I would give is to concentrate on total cost vs. free shipping. If you buy several coins, the free shipping prices often end up costing you more than buying from a company that charges for shipping.

13. Pirocco

So you wear a red hat and blue tutu?
    Just to say, your 'so' is a strawman.
    I said this:
    It's not manipulation.
    It's not short selling.
    It's not paper.
    It's just gold bought and sold.
    A central bank is nothing more than an organisation active on the gold market.
    It has gold stocks.
    It sells gold.
    It buys gold.
    The sole difference is that this organisation sells low and buys high.
    Reason: the bold

14. mmissinglink

Hi Hattie,

It sort of depends on what type of silver products exactly you're looking to buy and in what quantity. APMEX is a sort of go-to dealer for many US buyers....but I generally do not shop there because they charge sales tax in my state so for some of my buying purposes, that means usually I get better deals elsewhere like Gainesville or Provident. But there are dealers that I haven't tried yet that also have good prices on a limited number of products. Again, it matters on a few different things.

At this current price point for gold and silver, even if you shop at a place that charges a 500% premium over the lowest dealer on blobs (common, non-denominational, bullion bars and rounds) for example, you will still be getting those blobs at a better price than those who purchased when silver spot was $30 and higher. You're virtually guaranteed this. So, you're getting in at a better time than some or many of us.