Silver price at the same level as 4 yers ago

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Cheepo, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

:lol: :lol:

He's excuse is probably that he is waiting for the price to come down to $15. Fair enough if it does come down to that price but if it does and he still got no trades for a while, hmmm...........?

I really can't talk much with only one trade to my name but I just started stacking. Also when I buy, I buy a number of kilo bars at once. I will get next lot soon, just waiting/hoping the price will drop a little further south.

2. Lord_Dudley

Lord_Dudley Active Member Silver Stacker

Cheapo?

3. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

What about opportunity cost?

You can actually buy PM's outside of SS you know ;)

4. rastatodd

rastatodd New Member

I was at my local coin shop at the height of the silver bull run, an elderly man was at the counter with the owner negotiating a deal on his American Silver Eagles. Now I was thinking this elderly man either needed the money bad or found the time was right to liquidate his holdings and bank the profit. Well if the circumstances was the later he stacked his silver at a lower price and the market dictated that it was time to sell. Now my take on the down turn in the precious metals market is that the time is right to take advantage of the lower prices and cost average down so when I'm that old man I will be at the same counter negotiating a sale of a silver stack that took years in the making. When it come to financing my PM sickness I only use my overtime out of each check to procure my silver/gold for that month. I would sooner have my eggs spread around in many baskets than in just one. With the way the United States is spending money our dollar won't be worth much if anything. So in short, I keep stacking. Buy the second safe and fill that as well. Don't let these bear runs in the market deter you. The time to buy a commodity is when ever one is running for the exits.:)

5. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Mind = Blown!

[​IMG]

6. smk762

smk762 Active Member Silver Stacker

There is opportunity to every investment, and it remains until you sell, when you can calculate profit/loss. Even if you make a profit, you might have made more with an alternative investment. The only investment with no opportunity cost is the one that returned the most profit across all options over the time period between purchase and sale. So theoretically, if you bought low, silver goes to the moon and outperforms alternative investments, then you sell at the peak, there is no opportunity cost. Until then there is only the potential of opportunity cost (as with any other investment held until sale).

I recon "opportunity cost" is a pessimistic term used by people who lack patience. I prefer to call it an "opportunity investment" and keep stacking. I know plenty of people who look at their weekly lotto ticket the same way until the numbers are drawn, and the opportunity investment becomes an opportunity cost.

Some investments (like company shares) can tank all the way to zero, and over a large enough time period they will, though there may be some redemption via dividends along the way.

Physical gold or silver being held is like Schrodinger's cat - worst case scenario there's a dead cat for dinner, best case a kitten becomes a lion. Shares are like putting some water in a bucket, and drinking from drips coming out of a small hole, hoping that it rains enough until the day you pour the bucket back into your water bottle.

7. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm only a beginner but to me the PM deals/buys look cheaper through SS.

House, you don't appear dumb to me on PM's and I notice you have racked up quite a few trades. :) I think you probably get better deals through here then off here. Is that correct?

I'd like to have gotten quite a few deals/buys I seen advertised on this forum but I am very weary of losing something sent to me in the post. I already lost a couple of items (non PM's) through Ebay but they were covered through Ebay. Any idea what % of people doing trades here lose the item in the post and what happens then? There is no "sticky" on this in the "Buy, Sell & Swap" section that informs people of these things. I'd like to see one there to inform/help newbies like me because I don't know the ins and outs of trading that way or how safe it is too. So I have to pick up my Silver in person for now.

8. nsw2206

nsw2206 Member

Hey, don't pick holes in my arguments!! But yeah your probably right.. he must have bought twice as much from other sources.

Or not bought twice as much, waiting for $15.00. idiot. as if any will be available at that price.

Who remembers april 2013 and the dealers couldn't keep up with the demand when the price hit $23 ish?

http://edgetraderplus.com/market-co...ankers-you-are-golden-toast-on-a-silver-spoon has the chart.

9. Cheepo

Cheepo New Member

I am amazed that someone is still so deluded to think that the price of silver will go up, up, and only up.

Right, so the market price will be $15, but there won't be any available :rolleyes: Another financial genius :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

But wait, most importantly...

[​IMG]

10. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

something is wrong with the price,

there is always option open for the miners, when price in the market is lower than the cost to produce them, then just buy here on SS and deliver on the contracts.

always open!

11. nsw2206

nsw2206 Member

Right, so the PAPER price SET BY THE COMEX will be $15, but there won't be any PHYSICAL available FOR ME TO BUY AT THAT PRICE :rolleyes: huh? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

fixed it for you.

its a supply and demand issue, where demand for physical swamps supply at suppressed prices. If investors worldwide buy twice as much silver at $15.00, where does the sudden supply come from? There aint a magic tap they turn the nozzle and twice as much silver comes out. Its "inelastic supply" meets an "army of stackers".

12. Cheepo

Cheepo New Member

Why nobody ever thanks me for my very useful posts? Since I became a member here (February) I have been telling people the price of silver will drop. If you had listened to me you would have saved a bunch of money. Yet, people not only don't listen to the voice of reason (me), but don't even thank me for my very valuable advise. I am so sad.

[​IMG]

13. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Thank you Cheepo :)

14. mmissinglink

I remember April 13th and I had no problem adding to my stack. And indeed, there's plenty of great places to buy silver that doesn't entail doing any business on SS. Get your thoughts sharpened before you hurl stupid insults and insinuations.

15. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

yeah thanks cheepo you doom & gloom merchant .I had to thank you because of the look on ur face in the pic (dont know if ur really sad or you just dropped a steamer in your nappy) ... now post something upbeat .When will it go up nostradamus ? :p:

16. Cheepo

Cheepo New Member

Thank you mmisinglink, for your thank you.

renovator, do you think you should only hear 'buy, buy, buy' when you are discussing whether or not to buy silver? :rolleyes:

post something upbeat? Silver will never go to 0,

though it will probably drop for the next couple of years, to below $10/oz. Wait before buying more until it's below $10, then you calculate the average, and it might as well be in the late 10s. At that price you will probably not lose out if sell within the next decade.

17. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

no thank you for my thank you ?...well thanks for nothing !!! . We really need that sarcasm smiley .cheepo i was being sarcastic my tounge poking smiley just didnt cut it .

18. nsw2206

nsw2206 Member

We had dealers close their doors and websites, big delays on what you could actually order.

and it was meant to be a stupid insult, its the internet - you have to make insults stupid.. you think my 11 trades on SS represents my collection? you be daft, punk.

sure cheepo had a bit of a cry, but I think he's ok now.

19. mmissinglink

There's no need for you to try to rationalize your really stupid and offensive comments. April 13th saw many people having no problem adding to their stack and the fact that you have already admitted that you made an offensive and stupid comment toward Cheepo (you'd written "it was meant to be a stupid insult") proves my point.

Let the errant anger you have go, bro...get rid of it before you write. It reveals a very unappealing side of you.

20. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

3 years ago people said they would kill to buy at $20 and now it's there and people don't have the guts anymore haha.
    My plan is to buy further at every revisit of the lowest price I've seen since I started, and always wait till the futures hedge is at most 20000.
    And today, even this $18.5 isn't the lowest I've seen since february 2011, because the euro was central planned - down and despite the dollarprice being $1 lower, the kilocoins still cost more than they were in the past.
    It just shows that everything should be judged in a relative to the rest fashion.

There is another method, based on the monetary strategy of controlling multiple currencies: the snake in the tunnel method:
    http://finviz.com/futures_charts.ashx?t=6E&p=w1
    The euro now sits on 1.294 and the bottom of the tunnel appears to be 1.2.
    Since speculators tend to anticipate this and react a tad sooner everytime, let's say 1.23 is a next bottom.
    So from today, that's 0.06-0.07 further down. That's -5%
    So even if the silver price would drop 10%, I probably only find 5% cheaper silver, which in turn can be erased by dealers increasing (temporary) their premium.
    All the things to take into account!