2014 RCM Superman coins

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Justfishin, Aug 20, 2014.

1. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

I've pretty much received all my coins. The gilded NIUE horse, goat. They eventually called me on the S Superman coin (I got for 109.00), but I said it was too long of a wait, and canceled. I'll let you know if I get these 6. I sent a certified check. Funds are cashed. If they go and change their minds and send me cash back, then who cares. I'll spend my nearly 6k in fiat on 1 kilo coins. :)) But my bet is I'll get all 6, and will take a picture and show you. knock on wood. LOL. As long as they don't pull a Merritt or Tulving, I'm cool with whatever happens.

2. lostwords

lostwords New Member

3. barsenault

4. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Thanks for posting first pics of the 2014 gold coin!

Looks pretty neat, though honestly I prefer the 2013 one.

I sold one on eBay for 1400 USD which is nice. Hopefully the 2014 will appreciate as well. Though my gut feeling tells me the silver coin with the first year issue design will appreciate the most.

5. barsenault

Funny, I didn't buy the 2014 1st issue, because I didn't particularly care for it, but after reading that 1st issue magazine sold for like 3 million dollars (highest purchase), I said, I need a few of those. :D

6. Altima

Yeah, my punt is on the 2014 superman silver coins. Though I'm not sure the mint is still selling them as the last time I checked they were not available for sale.

7. barsenault

I think the 2014's are all sold out too. Seem to be a lot of Superman fans. I didn't get any 2013's, other than the one I just bought from Provident, and I'm hoping to cash in the chips on that one. I need to meet my kilo quota goal. :D

8. barsenault

Looks like people aren't too happy with the RCM. But they are Canadians. But I think a lot of them make valid points.

Displaying reviews 1-6Back to top
    9/6/2014
    (0 of 1 customers found this review helpful)
    Why was there only a limit of 2000???
    By Dragondancer
    from Ottawa

Comments about Royal Canadian Mint 14-Karat Gold Coin - Iconic Superman Comic Book Covers: The Adventures of Superman #596 from 2001 - Mintage: 2,000 (2014):
    It's obvious this would be a collectible sought out by both coin and comic book collectors - so why such a small issue number, and why not do a second minting to meet the high demand???
    BOTTOM LINE No, I would not recommend this to a friend

Was this review helpful? Yes / No - You may also flag this review
    9/4/2014
    (6 of 6 customers found this review helpful)
    This Should have Been a Canadian Presale
    By zztop
    from Canada , Ontario

PROS
    One Of A Kind
    CONS
    BEST USES
    Comments about Royal Canadian Mint 14-Karat Gold Coin - Iconic Superman Comic Book Covers: The Adventures of Superman #596 from 2001 - Mintage: 2,000 (2014):
    This should be a Canadian first buy only , and one per house hold !!
    E-bay has tones for sale they are having a presale on ebay . Wow they buy for 750 and sell for double and they don't even have to touch the coin !!!! Sick just Sick !!!!

9/4/2014
    (5 of 6 customers found this review helpful)
    Not Happy
    By Master Club Member
    from Ontario, Canada
    About Me Coin Collector, Quality Driven, Superman Fan
    PROS
    Attractive Design
    Unique
    CONS
    Ebay Resellers
    Ebay Sellers
    No Notice
    BEST USES
    Once again we are unable to purchase a coin that we desire. Being master club member I thought it will give us a priority. I want to know if there is a master club email mailing list. Secondly, I don't like the fact there is not a restriction on coins bought as there seem to be a lot on re-sellers on eBay asking for a higher price. Which defeats the purpose having a equal chance to purchase a coin at this price.
    WAS THIS A GIFT?:No

9/1/2014
    (9 of 12 customers found this review helpful)
    Why do they have pre sale on ebay
    By Larry upset
    from Blenheim, On
    About Me Quality Driven

PROS
    Attractive Design
    Good Value
    CONS
    Difficult To Personalize
    BEST USES
    Gift For Adult
    Don't know why it's on ebay. It is not getting shipped till tomorrow. 1 per house hold. people on ebay have lots. Should only be offered to canadians first then everyone else. Not happy about it.

8/29/2014
    (12 of 13 customers found this review helpful)
    There is a super Master Club
    By Wilbur
    from West of the GTA
    About Me Quality Driven

PROS
    One Of A Kind
    CONS
    Expensive
    BEST USES
    Mint claim 1 per , look at Ebay some have as many as 5 for sale! You can be sure the big dealers got lots that will never be sold at issue price.

8/28/2014
    (2 of 3 customers found this review helpful)
    A coin that hasn't even come OUT
    By Reviewer #2 for COINS not COMICS
    from not in a comic book shop
    About Me Quality Driven

PROS
    One Of A Kind
    Unique
    CONS
    Expensive
    BEST USES
    Gift For Adult
    Gift For Child
    Holiday Gift
    hahahaha - Okay, like the review headlight implies, this coin HASN'T come out yet. You'll notice that there are TWO reviews already for this one. Mine and a person SO fixated on the COMIC BOOK that they wrote a review of a coin that HASN'T EVEN come OUT yet!
    This coin will be unique and collectible for its commemoration of the most iconic superhero of ALL TIME. This has NOTHING to do with the comic issue but the importance of the coin. I am truly looking forward to this one whether the comic was recalled by DC or wasn't that great an issue or whatever else the assumed flaws of ONE comic book may be. This is a gold Superman coin. The SECOND! THe first sold out QUICKLY! I anticipate great things with this one!
    BOTTOM LINE Yes, I would recommend this to a friend

- See more at: http://www.mint.ca/store/coins/14ka...om-2001-mintage-2000-2014-prod2140059#reviews

9. Altima

Yeah. I guess that was to be expected. It is a pity they did not put a household limit just like the 2013 gold coins.

10. chubbycheeks

chubbycheeks Member

Those reviews are all gibberish don't listen to that. A second minting!? Increase the mintage? The design is nice but lets be honest it doesn't scream "Must Have!" would the coin sell out if they minted 10k 15k?

The mint had a household limit of 1 per. The majority of the coins obviously went to dealers this time around.

11. lostwords

lostwords New Member

+1. If they've increased the mintage for this coin, it would kill the series

another attempt at the picture

[​IMG]

12. barsenault

I actually really, really like. I might keep all 6...if I should happen to get them from Talisman. :))) Thanks for sharing. I'm stoked that I also got the 2013 gold superman coin from Provident. And I agree with you about the review. I just thought it was funny that so many folks were upset...and I'm soooo happy the mintage is so small!!