$10 State Coins

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Kalts, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Kalts

Kalts Member

Hi

I have a few uncirculated and proof $10 state coins all in their original packaging and boxes. The problem is they take up too much space. The packaging is poor so I am considering getting rid of them. Should I get rid of the boxes to save space or will it effect the value of the coins?

Thanks

2. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Coins in pretty packages might get a bit of a premium but ones in damaged packaging probably won't.

You could always sell them and either buy better versions or just pure bullion rounds without the packaging.

If you sell them and buy something straight away then you will have about the same number of ounces, even if you lose a bit on the dollar value you save when you replace them.

3. Dellers

Dellers Member Silver Stacker

that's what I'd do also. Or possible buy equivalent value of Au if space is a real concern.

4. Kalts

Kalts Member

I was planning on keeping the coins. I don't really have any intention of selling them unless I have to.

5. Dellers

Dellers Member Silver Stacker

ok, sounds like you should toss or try to sell the packaging if it's good enough. I personally don't care about boxes or cases when I'm buying. It doesn't alter my price points but maybe it matters to others. :)

6. bloomst

bloomst Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It depends on how you plan to sell this in the future. If you plan to sell it to a coin collector, keep all the box.

IF you going to sell it to bullion dealer or here, get rid the box.

A good rule of thumb if undecided on just about anything is...how are you going to sell it.

7. tozak

tozak Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I know of a fellow stacker that had a brilliant idea, would take the coins out of their packaging and store them in an unsecured area where space was not a issue and then stored the actual coins safely away where space was an issue, kept the best of both worlds.

8. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I did the same thing with my Star Wars toys when I put them into storage, the figures were wrapped up for protection. All the guns, hats, capes and accessories were put into a box and kept separately; three moves later and I just wish I could remember where.

9. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

Great idea. Keeping the boxes/envelopes in a different place than the coins. :) ..

$10 coins are great value for buyers at the moment. If the price of silver were to drop below $17 then will be a great buy. :)

NT, ACT are getting harder to find..

Regards Errol 43

10. Kalts

Kalts Member

I think separating the boxes and storing them seperate may be the best idea. I hope I don't lose the boxes :) thanks for the help.