I believe we will see $16 silver soon... Dated 3/26/2014

Discussion in 'Silver' started by SpringfieldStacker, Mar 26, 2014.

1. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I wasn't a stacker when silver was $30. My boner is calibrated at sub $18 dollar levels.

2. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

Oh, but the boners were calibrated back then too. :D

3. SpacePete

:p

I just deleted my first response because I realised I had been watching a movie starring Jennifer Aniston and I cannot make any reasonably objective response related to boners when Jennifer Aniston is involved.

4. SpacePete

And here's a pic of Jennifer Anniston in a silver dress. Honestly, this has nothing at all to do with anything we are discussing. But in a world full of depressing news, I might as well post a pic of Jennifer Anniston.

[​IMG]

5. Pirocco

How soon is soon in Springfield?
    I remember Homer once peeked through his left eye at 6 o'clock, then through his right eye at 9 o'clock then finally both at 12 o'clock.
    If every 3 hours would equal 3 months, silvers $16 should occur 6 months later so end september 2014. Abit the same moment of the year as 2011's $40 > sub $30 drop.
    By that time, at that price, I could add 150 ounces. So over 10 weeks. Hello Shinies out there somewhere on the world! It's me you want! :D

I wonder if we'll see Springfield back by then.
    Heelo over there Mr. Springfield! I know you're peeking along the sides of your Technical Analysis Flatscreen! :D

6. Pirocco

That dress can't be silver no pokies! :D

7. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

It was plausible to say 16 $ back then (in March). I considered around 17 $ was possible.

Of course, new bullish forces started kicking, like the developments of the Ukrainian crisis.

I expect silver to slip below 20 $ now after this "bump".

8. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I think it's more aluminium foil than silver. Perhaps we could baste her with oil and do a spit roast?

9. Cheepo

Cheepo New Member

I was thinking of doing something else after basting her with oil. :p

10. Pirocco

I always wondered, what makes that 'plausible'? Take this topic. "I believe....". If I assume that somebody makes a statement based on at least something, where is the something? If I have a thought and make a statement from it, then I have some elements (figures / comparisons / reasoning) to explain it.
    In some past I saw $30 as a bottom price. Reasoning: a tripled $ supply/spending without a tripled (even dropped big instead) production. That tripled $ supply turnt out to be wrong because the spending part was blocked. In March, I saw that the future price segment in the cash price sat close to zero. Historically, for silver, that always correlated with a longterm/multiyear bottom price. Why: because the futures markets involved amount ounces relative to the total amount ounces on the silver market, is quite bigger (even much bigger) than in alot other markets. Things can change of course, but recognizing the change and adapting to it, is equally possible.
    So 'plausible', well ehm, appears like a big nothingsayer to me.
    You now expect silvers price to drop below $20. Based on what?
    I think the same, so this is not a discussion, but why not giving your reasons? I can give them, I often do give them, and aside of that, I also followup things on the fly, and change expectation when I see data / trends changing. In the past I had occasions that I first decided to wait for lower, to then see data to change mind.
    Some people here and elsewhere draw a price expectation and a timeline then totally ignore what happens further.
    Seen good example on another forum at a time of $30+, statement "$20 silver over a decade". $20 happened some year later. Comment "Prediction already became true already much sooner than expected". Well sorry, the prediction was $20 over a decade, not $20 to return as such. We will only know if the prediction will have been accurate when that decade ends at $20.
    This topic said 'real soon'. That's not even weeks let alone months.
    Take that also argumentless price prediction last year someone put in signature: $15 silver by Christmas. Well, Christmas passed, signature stayed, and it became thus a 'next Christmas'. What's the use of such a prediction? The garbage bin? It's not even predicting as such, it's just setting the vane to the wind, aka, too late to act according to it. A prediction is a suggestion to act, but like this it's post mortem, and a wrong act instead. Selling at $18-19 in the expectation of $16, to then see a $21 sell price, that's a wrong act, I'd say.

11. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It is a double entendre. I guess you are a little too young to have been screwing around in the seventies, no not Old Codger, damn there's another one.

Can someone explain to the boy what a spit roast is.

12. pastey

pastey Member

Don't know if anyone has commented from this particular perspective...

Deep within the dark places of the nets is where you will find the truth man!

Or

Perhaps just to cause noobs to panic and dump their silver to the nearest same old "it's cool man, I'll look after you - well as you know, since it's hitting $16. Look because I like ya. I'll give ya $20. Deal? Cool man."

Anyhow, I hear silver is about to hit $80 - trust me on this one, I have sources within the illuminati.

13. Pirocco

Just ask around, find out how many are willing to pay $80 per troy ounce silver, and you know the answer on which chance $80 will have.
    And same way, ask around to find out how many are willing to accept $16 per troy ounce silver.
    No illuminati sources needed.
    Usually, those that buy and sell in later stages, tend to become unwilling in both cases. The result is the path of the crab.

14. Golden78

Golden78 New Member

Most stackers would be loading up if it goes any lower from here, $16 would leave most mints dry almost immediately.:)

15. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

wheres that sarcasm smiley ?

16. Pirocco

That's what has been said for $30 and $20 too. I could look up the forum topics heh.
    Because be sure, when $16 is there, $12 and $10 will be the 'new' predictions, and just like before, some people will sell at $16 (otherwise the price wouldn't be there in the first place), in the anticipation of buying back in at that $12 $10.
    How long will this $20-21 hovering last? Downtrends with serious futures position change involved seem to last 3 months on average. This one is 1 month underway. Next bottom should then be around end september / begin october.
    By then the position trend will have made clear how many sold in the uptrend, and the next question then is how many will buy back in, because that will determine the (new lower?) bottom price.
    It's also possible that the futures hedgers know something we don't. That's also possible. Is a next crisis around the corner? From what I remember since 2011, everytime economical recovery is touted, some crisis pops up somewhere. It could be that the futures positions were taken in the foreseeing of a new wave newbies willing to pay the higher prices. In the end, that's what happened during 2009-early 2011, all the time a large position, all those that bought then, being inflicted the higher price and less silver.