Silver feever New Member

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by AndyM, Jul 19, 2014.

1. AndyM

AndyM New Member

Hi fellow silver stackers, I think I have the bug.

2. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Gladstone???

Chilly night isn't it? Welcome, but get rid of the inventory of items you have posted. :)

3. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Pro tip- don't put your whole stack on a public forum!

Nice start to PM's and reminds me of myself when I got into it, one of everything :D

4. Torcan

Torcan New Member Silver Stacker

Welcome, I see you tried to update your original post, maybe a mod can help you out

5. Willow

Willow New Member

Welcome to the forum. Good to have you here. The ammo bullion is very cool, I know how you feel there. You may want to check out some of the threads on this site about security of you information. Like locations on pictures and such.

Welcome aboard

6. SweetBread

SweetBread Member

well if vampires come for you you'll be safe, late night shopping on ebay.
    patience is a virtue.
    Welcome.

7. ego2spare

ego2spare Well-Known Member

Silver fever, the only thing that cant be cured with colloidal silver.

Welcome. Very interesting stack. Do something i wish i did when i started. take a pick of your whole stack every <6 months to remember what u had and to see how much it keeps changing.

8. Nabullion Dynamite

Nabullion Dynamite Active Member

Nice stack, I did just about the same thing and bought a huge vareity when I first started. I started getting into collector bullion but have switched back to generic, it is too hard for me to sell the pretty ones which is counter productive for what my goal is!

9. danman49

danman49 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hi,

very nice stack and yes I have to own up and say I started out with one of everything. Then realised buying 20 of one thing from one place both knocked the price down AND saved a heap on postage. THEN realised that if it has a pretty box around it then it is way too bulky to store in a safety deposit box.....speaking of which make sure you store your "treasures" away from your house, preferably somewhere like a ........ bank!! AND if you are going to be getting items by post look into a post office box. Saves people knowing where you live and stops the posty leaving your $800 worth of silver on the front step!

cheers.

Danny

10. mike titanic

mike titanic New Member

well I didnt get to see your stack,but welcome to the forum.Please take the comments left in a serious way.Your safety and the security of your stack can easily be compromised by too much info put out there.This is not a tin foil view of the world...its reality.Most of us want to share our passion about our purchases in the beginning throwing caution to the wind,proud of our collections.However there are also alot of people out there who have a passion for trolling coin forums and planning to make your stuff theirs,sadly selling your expensive coins for close to spot.
    It sounds weird but you also have to curb your enthusiasm around friends and family.Not that they will rob you,but they may talk about your fine collection in front of the wrong people which may lead to a home robbery or worse.If you have doubts about this,check out this forum and the many others ie:collectors universe.com,the pcgs forum,especially the posts dealing with storing your stack safely.
    My collection gives me immense pleasure as I'm sure yours does too.Its also a great way to preserve your wealth but you do have to be somewhat careful about the info you post to a public forum.
    Enjoy the hobby and keep stacking.

11. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Welcome AndyM,

There's really no wrong way to start stacking / collecting physical precious metal products. Any less than ideal purchases (if, in hindsight, any are made) will just become lessons learned.

Also, since everyone has a different set of circumstances and since there are different reasons why people buy physical pm's, take most advise not as rules necessarily, but as suggestions. That said, there are a couple of suggestions that should be viewed as rules and the one already mentioned above by a few members is the first rule: don't make it easy for the world to know what you have.

It might be fun to watch YouTube videos of other's stacks and other's unboxing of coins, but honestly, you don't need to expose yourself like that. And while I and many stackers have a safe deposit box SDB) for our valuables, there are occasionally times when you have a few valuable items in your home because they just arrived yesterday and you won't have a chance to go to your SDB for a couple of days. If you are working all day and no one is home and they know you buy physical metals....there's a possibility that you could be targeted....and a professional thief can find and break into or remove from the premises most home safe's.

That's not to say that you can't share with us some of your coins and blobs (blobs = non-denom, common, bullion bars) but just try not to make the same mistake some of us have already made which is to be a complete open book about such things.

Anyway, now that that is out of the way...enjoy the community and the discussions!

12. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Welcome, shame I missed the pics but they sounded pretty impressive!

13. Ag-man

Ag-man Active Member Silver Stacker

Hi Andy.

14. 2Addicted2Ag

2Addicted2Ag Member

hello welcome
    Happy weekend