Silver Bars

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Newstacker, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Newstacker

Newstacker New Member

Can someone please tell me if next year is the year of the goat or the year of the sheep - there seems to be conflicting answers. I would like to get either one stamped on a 10 oz stacker bar before the year starts. Can anyone suggest where I could get this done in Victoria preferably.

2. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Tis the year of zee Goat. Are you looking to get it stamped into a premade bar such as PM 10oz or poured into a Goaty type mold? Could also get it laser etched which would look pretty good

3. SilverSurfer77

SilverSurfer77 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

SBA are a mint in Victoria http://sbagroup.com.au/bullion/corporate-products/

They make a pressed 10oz Stacker Bar (not machined) that fit other types of 10oz stacker bars.
    They would be the best people to talk to or PM iceblue, he's a member on here and has had a lot of his own rounds made by them and could no doubt give you advice on how to go about it.
    I would say though, unless you are getting a large volume made it would probably be too expensive for just 1.

4. bull_bear

bull_bear New Member Silver Stacker

5. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Both - for Japanese its Sheep Only (8th Symbol of the Japanese Zodiac (no Goat),

For Chinese both are domesticated horned animals so both are types of "Yang" The Zodiac Character.

Since only the goat and the sheep have been domesticated, the Chinese generally divide yng into two types: shnyng ('goats') and minyng ('sheep').

http://cjvlang.com/Spicks/sheepgoat.html

RE: Getting a Bar depicting Chinese Lunar Year of the Goat (as it will likely be given previous releases) - you will like be able to buy a generic bar which will be substantially easier than making your own.

1for1

6. Newstacker

Newstacker New Member

Thanks guys, I will look up SBA and see if they are interested in stamping a couple for me - its just an idea I had if not I will just wait till they are available

7. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

:rolleyes:

A couple :lol: :lol: :lol:
    you'll have to get the dies made first ;)

8. Newstacker

Newstacker New Member

I located SBA and they seem to be a pretty good lot - very friendly and helpful but as you thought the quantity is to low to be of interest - never mind. I did look at their website and they have some nice rounds and apparently they are coming out with a new brochure on their products soon so I got on the mailing list. The thing I most liked was that I can buy locally and not have to cop ridiculous transport costs.

9. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Find any medal/trophy engraver and they should be able to alter a bar for you, all you need is the artwork and they should be able to take it from there. (Probably not the ones in the shopping centres which also repair shoes)

If you want it to have a bit more depth then you could take it along to a CNC milling company and they will be able to do the same thing but with more depth to it.

For just one or two there is no need to make a die up.

10. bloomst

bloomst Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Pretty sure NTR will have the year of the goat 10oz bars like their dragon/snake/horse and probably will be a lower premium bars.

11. Newstacker

Newstacker New Member

Thanks for all your help guys - I have decided its not such a good idea so I will buy some when they are released by who ever.

12. iceblue

iceblue Well-Known Member

There will be no shortage of good and crappy goat designs later in the year.
    Having stamps and dies made is not easy, is not cheap and is usually only viable as a commercial venture as you have found out!!
    Good to see you found SBA and yes if you live near by is a great place to by metal without postage.