Allied Nevada Gold Corp. (ANV)

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by centenario, Jun 23, 2014.

1. centenario

centenario New Member

Hi I havent seen any posts on ANV

I'm long ANV, I've invested a few times in this company and their stock price is very attractive.
    I just wanted to share and discuss ANV, it's not a major player, its a nice mine with lots of gold reserves. They might get taken over by a major gold miner most certainly if gold prices rise:

http://seekingalpha.com/article/220...isko-allied-nevada-is-a-prime-takeover-target

Allied Nevada Gold Corp. (ANV)
    Allied Nevada Gold Corp. is a U. S. based gold and silver mining, development and exploration company. It operates through three segments: Hycroft Mine, Exploration, & Corporate and Other. The Hycroft Mine segment includes the operations, development, and exploration activities of Hycroft gold mine located near Winnemucca. The Exploration segment includes all costs related to the exploration and development of properties outside of the Hycroft Mine. The Corporate and Other segment includes corporate general and administrative costs of the company. Allied Nevada Gold was founded on September 14, 2006 and is headquartered in Reno, NV.

2. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

I own it too, but it is highly leveraged to the price of gold. Hence the 90%+ decline from the peak.

3. LovingtheSilver

LovingtheSilver Active Member Silver Stacker

I bought various stakes recently from 3.76 down to 2.80 (or thereabouts) sold everything after this recent bounce, should've kept them but will buy again if it drops around 320 and below. Bought some Newmont on Friday and still holding my Northern Dynasty Minerals I bought around same time as ANV.
    Have heard rumours about takeover but at the moment I think that's all it is, just rumours.

4. centenario

centenario New Member

I agree dccpa that it's highly leveraged to the price of gold but at current share prices it remains very attractive.
    I was so tempted to sell when there was the fake chinese takeover offer but i got greedy and thought $7 was cheap lol (Have traded it in the past at $30+)
    Lovingthesilver I aslo own some NEM at current prices is also attractive, I have traded it in the past at $50+ and also recently.
    Also heard Goldman and sachs are buying a lot of NEM recently.
    About the ANV takeover it is a rumour but I'm sure many mining companies are very interested in a takeover it's just a matter of time