How would you like your coins delivered

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by HOWUDN, Jun 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HOWUDN

HOWUDN Member

Also I forgot to mention you have no idea of the volume of people who have private message me telling me it saddens them at how I was treated by him and that he is in the wrong but everyone is scared of the repercussions of posting their true thoughts of being kick off the forum very poor situation that these people get away with treating people like crap and then the person at fault can continue on their merry way while I can not warn people publicly

2. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

I beg you pardon? What action am I supposed to take? Ban a member?

I understand you started multiple topics on the issue - I did not remove them, another moderator did. You have utilised the feedback mechanism (although your second negative feedback for the same trade was removed), and what was judged to be an inappropriate negative feedback left for yourself was moved from your own feedback.

What further action do you expect me to take, call the police?

3. HOWUDN

HOWUDN Member

Maybe like a week or.two ban on him selling or being on here to realise you can not treat people like this and then just blow it off and continue on your way while leaving someone up in the air and being blamed for his poor packing and me being forced to not be able to warn people on his sale tread about his poor form

4. HOWUDN

HOWUDN Member

There is about 30 people on here who agree with me he is in the wrong but he gets away with it I think that is pretty poor form

5. Htu08

Htu08 Member

Before you start attacking EVERYONE please consider the difficulty of running/admining a website like this...

Sure if you were well funded like ebay and held money in escrow, etc it would be easy to refund.
    But this is just a forum, connecting like minded and not so like minded people....

I know you have CLAIMED to have lost an ounce of silver and such but what can the admins of this website doing?
    For all we know you could have gone to an elaborate hoax and cut a slit in the envelope after removing the coins and re-closing the envelope. All you can do is leave feedback or chase it up via legal action...
    Even if the admins believe you and it was packaged poorly AND fell out on transit... What can they even do? How are they going to force a refund/ seller to negotiate with you etc.

You have one thread here and I'm pretty sure harassment in their selling threads etc isn't going to get you anywhere.

6. Htu08

Htu08 Member

I'm almost certain that it's a given that members who buy and sell on this and other websites give the fact that postage is at the RISK of the BUYER.

7. bja

bja Member Silver Stacker

I thought this became a childish lynching yesterday and as per usual we dont know both sides of the story.
    Howudn the way you are carrying on is probably making a lot more members consider whether they want to trade with you or not.

8. HOWUDN

HOWUDN Member

so what would you do if say you bought off this scam bag and it was say 20 ounces and he tells you it is your fault but hey he can get away with it and continue on his way maybe some restrictions on selling for awhile can not be hard as an admin to do that.

9. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

FFS enough. Feedback has been left, it's been discussed to death, move on.

Hem9, I think your packaging was inappropriate and the correct thing to do would be to consider replacing the lost ounce, and if "standard postage" is going to be offered, pack appropriately using at minimum a padded envelope, not one designed for folded A4.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.