Easy buying in Ebay from Europe is over, pity

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Dutch Silver Bullion Collector, Jun 8, 2014.

1. Fusion555

Fusion555 New Member

As picturefun said, global shipping is the default when selling in the USA, you have to opt out each time you list anything (probably a way to turn it off but IDK where) so im guessing a lot of sellers miss this and the global shipping is in there listings

I was also under the impression that if you opt out then it wont accept a bid from Foreign buyers, is this right?

2. picturefun

picturefun Member

The way to opt out global shipping, go to your Account (upper tab), then on the left side, choose Site Preferences, and then shipping preferences, the first row is "Offer the Global Shipping Program", default is Yes, you can choose No, then you do not need to bother for each listing.

And yes, if you opt out Global shipping, then other region/nation will not be able to bid. But they can still contact you, asking how much if you do ship to them.

I do not like to ship overseas unless using registered mail, which alone cost $12 or something, plus shipping, will be $24 or something, so usually, it does not worth it.

Of course, another way to do this is to buy a 3rd party (online) insurance, because USPS do NOT insure First class mail to overseas. Those insurance is usually cheap, I am not sure how is the quality though

3. Fusion555

Fusion555 New Member

Got it, Thank You Picturefun

4. Ghost Story

Ghost Story Active Member

send as tokens they are not coins cant spend them.

5. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy New Member

My LCS and the (few) good show vendors are looking better and better with each passing month. Good thing I'm not into hard-to-source ancient or exotic world coins.

6. Dutch Silver Bullion Collector

Dutch Silver Bullion Collector Member