How one man got 2000 ounces of silver from the bank legally.

Discussion in 'Silver' started by lshallperish, Jun 10, 2014.

1. pdkbffwleo

pdkbffwleo New Member

or...maybe the hour you gave everyone between comments wasn't sufficient for a response?

2. jav71

jav71 New Member

Thanks for your comment!

3. AngloSaxon

AngloSaxon Active Member

I've started asking at my local Sydney bank for odd coins that might have come through in deposits but the tellers are all casuals in training and have no idea, or the same one full-time woman who has dead eyes and considers what I'm asking beneath her. She doesn't even look away from her screen when she says "No nothing" in a monotone. Wondering if that's going to be the same for most suburban Sydney banks.

The supermarket checkout women (not the teens they're clueless) actually have been helpful in finding me a few Rememberance and Coronation $2 coins, but no silver yet.

And somehow my parents came across a Florin! They told me about it, said they'd keep it then promptly lost it.

4. 4speed

4speed New Member

I have considered swapping some cash for a box of halves at my local bank, I just haven't done it yet. All the tellers know I usually ask about half dollars. Last week, one of the tellers had $5.00 face in Kennedy halves. One was a '67 40% coin. Most people I speak to know to hoard pre-65 coins, but very few realize the silver content of the 65-69 halves. I find them at the bank on a regular basis.

5. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy New Member

Name-calling and trolling reflect the maturity levels of the name-callers. Thanks for the self-revelation.

6. jav71

jav71 New Member

I can walk on eggshells, slackers!

7. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy New Member

So jetsfan signed up here again with a new username. How clever. Your snotty, self-absorbed, spoiled little mommy's boy attitude and style are unchanged and unmistakeable, kid. Now that the school year is ending I guess you'll have a lot of free time to devote to your trolling activities until school reopens in September.