WTB: Silver Kilo Bars, alot to spend so any offers considered. Sydney

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Silvervest, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Silvervest

Silvervest New Member

Look i myself agree optimism's of $100+ for silver and likewise $2,000+ for gold is what you could say " never going to happen" BUT and there is always a but :) the chances of silver increasing to above $30 is a real possibility and likewise for gold reaching highs of $1,600, with potential tech markets rallying for another "Tech Boom" and with chinas demand for PM's and the short supply of PM's in physical form all leads to the possibility of an increase. However the lows of $18.60/oz for silver are lows that have only been reached in moderation with it dropping below this mark only 1 time back in the 80's which would make this time round a good time to buy even if it has gone up to $20.44/oz.

2. BeHereNow

BeHereNow New Member

~ quote "The majority of analysts maintain that gold will reach a parabolic peak price somewhere in excess of $5,000 per troy ounce in the next few years. Given the fact that........"

So there you have it.
    The "majority of analysts say........"
    As soon as gold is $5000/oz, silver will be good to own.
    A four fold increase in gold, within a few years, no less.
    Beat the rush, buy now.

At this same time, they anticipate GSR to go to 13.99:1.
    That puts silver at about $350/oz. None of this meager $100/oz stuff.
    We'll all be rich!

But be prepared for the worst case scenario - silver only $111/oz.

3. Silvervest

Silvervest New Member

Now this is optimism lol and i sure have read your quoted prices too BUT i think they are getting ahead of themselves and i myself am hoping for a modest return more in the $60/oz range but $100/oz seems possible but any higher and it would be game changing!!

4. BeHereNow

BeHereNow New Member

Good to hear you are more realistic than your source.
    I would be satisfied with $35, more are hoping for $40, and $50 is probably what would cause many to sell off.

$60...not impossible, but I would not want to say 'probable'.

Silver is on sale, most of us are buying, many are waiting for it to go down before buying, and some are just waiting for it to go up to unload.
    As long as it is 'extra' money..........

Welcome aboard.

5. Silvervest

Silvervest New Member

Right on the money :) and its good too see other silverado's with a rational outlook!

6. Silvervest

Silvervest New Member

The next big question is what to invest in after we see the price of silver rise and fall? Because no doubt silver will not return to another high for quite a while. Anyone have any theories or suggestions they would like to share?

7. Miloman

Miloman Active Member Silver Stacker

If you are purely for investment and want to convert to paper money and want to play physically then slightly bigger bars are better say 100oz.

If you believe that economic environment won't be conducive to "cashing out" but silver will increase in value. Then go for small stuff, like 1oz coins, junk silver etc.

If you are unsure then get a mixture of both and if you need to sell some then you can cash some of the larger stuff out. There will always be a buyer of anything, don't expect to get your premium back on larger bars necessarily if you expect a large increase in value. But then you've made "value/money/increase purchasing power" so don't worry.

I suggest you get a mixture of low premium silver to start. Either 1kg bars or 100oz bars and some coins. Remember one thing what environment will you part with your silver and secondly, who are you selling to and what will they buy?

Ask yourself "future present" questions.

8. Silvervest

Silvervest New Member

With that being said are numistics not more for fun rather than investment, although certain collections and rare coins go up in value but not everywhere is willing to pay retail prices on such investment. My understanding on the situation is that kilo bars are more easier to sell ( to a bullion dealer) and their is less loss on premium. Is this not the case?

9. swoydaz

swoydaz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The closer to spot you buy, the less you lose in premium when on selling.

So yep. In the "sell to dealer" scenario I think that's the way to go.

10. DanielM

DanielM Active Member Silver Stacker

Correct

11. Miloman

Read my post #27 very carefully a couple of times and have a think on it.

Is your intended purchaser a Bullion Dealer? When will you be selling? What do you want to buy for, your purpose? (bullion vs. numismatic, investment vs. SHTF, combo)

If your intended purchaser is a dealer then sure 1kg bars are fine but do expect to some lose premium not matter what. Also most dealers if not all will record your details when you go to sell. Hence read the post #27 I wrote.

12. Silvervest

Silvervest New Member

At the end of the day silver is silver the only thing that changes is in the form that it takes, numistics are not a bad idea but i would consider them to be long term investments and unlike bars their spot price will continue to rise as the collectivness and rarety of the collections continue but for me a silver has always been a sure thing in the short term however their are certain other investments ( bonds, shares etc ) that return better premium but are unfortunatly a gamblings mans game that is hard to predict and there are surly more losses than wins that you dont hear about.

13. Silvervest

Silvervest New Member

At the end of the day i am in no way a criminal nor do i have anything to hide but i think everyone will agree that the more you dont have to tell the better especially if the economy goes belly up :) and in respects to numistics yes they are a better bet for if your trying to fly low as they are less regulated and easier to sell than a container full of bars.

14. Miloman

Actually everything needs a buyer. Depends who you know in terms of buyers. Some buy by the ton and gold by the kilo and there's enough around. So it all depends. In a real collapse, what is the dealer going to give you for your silver?

There are thresholds for different things.

Having your details kept private doesn't mean anyone is a criminal at all. We all have a right to privacy. Many threads on many forums have openly discussed confiscation by governments in the event of a collapse.

There are many pieces to the puzzle.

Most are still contingent and what you expect and how you want to play it

15. Silvervest

Silvervest New Member

If it came to a real economic colapse then Numistics will be a worth while investment and yes you are correct in that just because you have a hoard of silver bars does not mean you will get your premium back from a dealer as you will most likely be offered not much at all but like you said their are many different pieces to the puzzle and their are a bunch of different angles to which you can asses the situation but touch would i will not be alive to see such a collapse :)

The question still remains though, outside of silver investment are their any other investments to which their are good returna to be had? Does anyone have any ideas ? I know apple is releasing a new line of devices and have already started to split up ownership which will see a divide in stock but this is apparently to enable more consumers the oportunity to afford their shares and get a slice of the action.

16. Miloman

I'd go onto a different forum to discuss that. This is silverstackers.

Numismatics won't be worthwhile in a collapse IMO too much premium, stack simple cheap low premium. Pre-decimals would probably be the way to go.

Yeah touch wood it won't happen.

Hey what's the football score and can you pass me another beer thanks mate.

Cheers!

17. Silvervest

Silvervest New Member

Let me rephrase lol numistics are easier to trade with i mean your not going to get the grinder out on the bars everytime you had to trade ;)

Yea i guess another forum would probably better but was just putting it out there to see if anyone else wanted to share their grasp on the market :)