The Madness of crowds.

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by southerncross, Jun 8, 2014.

1. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-06-07/madness-crowds-and-great-insanity

2. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

How do we know the "sociopaths and elites" didn't create this state of affairs on purpose, and are ready to profit from it themselves?

3. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member Silver Stacker

"This conclusion is firmly on the horizon; let's call it the great INSANITY. I believe this version is the greatest in history and will be written about for centuries. Those that forget history are doomed to repeat it and this time is no different. However, there is always great opportunity with great danger as the greatest transfer of wealth from these that hold it in paper to those that don't is underway and there is nothing that can stop it. The sociopaths and elites have no ability to turn the ship of states around as their policies have created the collapse. While this is a manmade disaster, it is most definitely the greatest opportunity in history for those that see it and adjust their behavior accordingly. Don't ever forget, THEY WILL PRINT THE MONEY!"

AGREE! 100%

I cannot see any miracle that could come to pass to make it otherwise.

(Thanks for a GREAT post)

OC

4. BiGs

BiGs Active Member

I would also label bias opinionated media as insanity.

5. southerncross

They did and they are, but the point is that people who know this can benefit from that knowledge as "they" have gone past the point of no return. Everything has been manipulated, from the pm market to housing bubbles and the average Joe Sixpack is blithely ignorant of just how deeply the manipulation runs.

From the cradle to the grave every aspect of our lives are governed and subject to ever increasing forms of regulation and policy creep that only ever moves in one direction, more conformity and revenue extraction. Debt and servitude have become so ingrained into our psyche that most do not even question it anymore, those who do are used to teach those who don't a lesson and are labelled as conspiracy theorist's, domestic terrorist's or worse.
    Freedom and reliance upon ones own resources are frowned upon as being alternative and suspicious and questioning the motives of Gov't reasoning or their authority will see all their resources aimed squarely at you to silence dissent.

6. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

YES! Very well said.

7. southerncross

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article45958.html

8. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Pretty much sums up the mentality of most Australians that I know and that includes the majority of my friends.

How many admire Gina Reinhart?

A year ago how many admired Clive Palmer for being wealthy? Now he's admired simply because he's giving the established political parties the shits. How quickly some forget.

What about Tom Waterhouse?

These were and still are the public faces of highly successful companies, achievers in their own right regardless of the connections that their families may have had. But in the case of Waterhouse and Reinhart, and previously Palmer, the average Australian hates them because they can't identify with them so therefore they are not to be trusted. Palmer's public acceptance rating is changing, simply because by stirring up the hornet's nest of federal parliament, more can identify with him, he has become less hated - he's still rich, just less hated, still holds the same political views he's probably always held, he's just less hated.

Gina Reinhart and Tom Waterhouse, what can they do to improve their public approval ratings (as if they give a damn)? Win a seat in parliament and stir up the hornets nest. They don't actually have to achieve anything, unlike what they've achieved so far.

9. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

^^^Gina Reinhardt and Clive Palmer (different as chalk and cheese). Gina inherited her fortune form Lang Hancock whilst Clive went from unemployed to billionaire. :)

Regards Errol 43

10. Old Codger

"Hate the man who is better off than you are."

I remember reading many years ago of a comparison between an American and an Australian looking at a successful rich man in a Rolls Royce.

The American says, "One day I am going to be successful like that, and own a Rolls Royce"

The Australian says, "I hate that bloke for being successful and owning a Rolls Royce, and come the revolution, I am going to take it off him".

OC

11. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Bullshit.

She took over the running of the business in 1992 - that's 32 years ago, under her guidance the company she inherited from her father has turned her from a millionaire in 1992 to a woman who is worth in the vicinity of 15 - 20 billion today. Her father didn't do that for her.

12. Old Codger

13. boyracer

boyracer Member

Quoting for posterity. :)

14. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

Wait til' you get the bill at his restaurant :p:

15. fiatphoney

fiatphoney New Member

16. aleks

aleks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Soon to be for rent^^ ;)

17. fiatphoney

fiatphoney New Member

I found the spike in my rent to be unbearable.
    But now that I have plyed my way through it, I am a happy camper.

18. Old Codger

SC, #7

That Noonan bloke would go well as a member here. Conspiracy theorist extraordinaire.

Presidente Hussein el Obama has been trumped by Putin, and I simply cannot see ANY scenario that has a US/Russia war in Ukraine.

JMO

OC

19. southerncross

They are running out of scary men to "protect" everyone from so they need some new ones....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL_GShyGv3o[/youtube]

20. southerncross

Lang Hancock spent a good decade fighting both the state of W.A and the commonwealth Gov't in order to :1 even be able to stake a claim on his iron ore discovery and :2 to be able to export iron ore, there was a ban on both at the time.

Gina Rinehart fought Langs last wife Rose Porteus for over a decade in court to get a $75 million cut of his estate and has since turned that into a $20 billion personal worth. She did that, not lang nor anyone else. It was astute business dealings and major investments made on her own behalf with her own money that made it happen and employed thousands along the way. Clive on the other hand doesn't actually even come close to the benefits Rinehart has done for the country. He is a windbag and a buffoon riding on a populist message that if enacted would bring the country to it's knees in record time.