Is anyone excited about Mulligan Mints original coins/designs?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Pirocco, Apr 27, 2014.

1. BeHereNow

BeHereNow New Member

No Freedom Girl, that's for sure.

[img=FluxBB bbcode test]http://sdbullion.com/sites/sdbullion.com/files/styles/item-category/public/product-images/Freedom%20Girl%20-%203D%20Proof.jpg?itok=SBfTMmKy[/img]

2. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

Is there also "EU" on the tube of these then?

3. BeHereNow

BeHereNow New Member

Well, mine are the SS version, not SBSS, and from a different supplier as well.
    But no, no EU (Enemy Unknown) indicator on Freedom Girl.

I really do not know who put the 'EU' on the tape (on the tube). It could have been the clerk in the shipping department.

As soon as I see - EU - I think 'EURO'. but that's just me.

4. Pirocco

Well, I was talking about the uglyness of the skeleton coins, if I can name them like this, so your Freedom Girl is something else.
    I wonder if / when SBSS will release new designs. I'm looking forward to it.
    Why the care about that EU anyway, it's probably just an external tube marker, as to know it holds those 'Enemy Unknown' coins / series / whatever it is.
    You must like skeleton coins since you buy them. I rather walk around them lol.
    Freedom Girl is an SBSS design, an older one, and since SBSS and SS are now different people/companies, the question is what they will have next for us. Who will be forgotten, and who will be remembered. Or will they both find enough customers/sales.
    If I look at SS, the dealers that sell its coins apparently don't buy them in anymore. Nearly all stocks zero in my region. The dealer I bought the Galts/FreedomGirls/RoadToRoota/etc coins said that he will wait to buy new in, since he had the impression that interest disappeared.

5. BeHereNow

BeHereNow New Member

Currently Enemy Unknown are being minted, no connection to SS, part of the bankruptcy procedures against SBSS - I believe.
    Show a date of 2013, claim to be a 2014 issue, through 5/31/14.

On the other hand, new issue (classic design) Freedom Girl are from SS - nothing I have seen minted by anything related to SBSS/MM. Still some floating around on the resale market.

Things with skeletons - representing (I believe) death and destruction of financial wellbeing - are cashing in on the Zombie craze - also skeleton, but nothing to do with the financial world.
    Two unrelated interest areas, come together with the common element of skeletons.
    Crossover interest areas are traditionally good things to watch, and buy into.

Freedom Girl is the antithesis of all of this, but I believe will appeal to the same buyers.
    Hope has an eternal appeal, and Freedom Girl represent hope, to me.
    Beauty and innocence as well, also eternal values.
    I am sending some to my children and teenage grandson, and anxious to see their reaction.
    Also the Zombucks Barber, and Uncle Slave.
    I am still waiting for delivery of other silver that I will be sending, it will be a few weeks before I get the report back from the non-stackers in the family.
    I'll let you know the reaction.

Skeletons without the Walking Dead or flipping potential, not interested.

I am a Walking Dead fan, and I like what seems to have flipping potential.

The chatter seems to be that the Zombucks are a flash in the pan, and if you want to flip, do it quickly.
    Even so, I am going long, since I missed the first two issues at issue price.
    Cheap enough to treat them as bullion, and my current schedule allows no time for flipping.
    To retain value for the series,they need a zinger for the final release, and that will be very difficult.

6. Pirocco

The 'Freedom Girl's (some bu, some proof) I purchased all have silver bullet silver shield on them, so they aren't from ss.
    Is there a design difference (not talking about the sbss / ss text) between Grays MM/SBSS and Duanes SS?
    By the way, talking about gifts, that Road to Roota Bix Weir coin looks like a very nice design for a gift. A happy kid on a road to/from a building shaped as an Eagle on the horizon with big wings spanning the sky.
    And the sentence 'May the road you chose be the right road' is also a nice one for a gift. Especially because it's like handwritten.
    See, that is why I like this coin design, it's full of good ideas that seemlessly fit into a whole.
    The later own designs from SBSS>SS are just nothingsayers. Alike that trivium, what does it have to say? Nothing? I can't imagine that anyone, let alone kids, like coins with dead/skeletons/zombies as subject. Maybe a temp surprise-like, but they will be forgotten as fast as the surprise came.

7. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Pity Bix Weir being a fruitcake and all. He's out there with Karen Hudes with his theories

8. Pirocco

Before this coin, I didn't know Bix Weir, and when I searched for him, I read some stuff from him, and either he's naive either wishful thinking. I do get the impression that he says what he think, but one never knows. What I DO find ok from him, is this coin. Whether he paid for the design, or did it himself, or brought forth ideas for it, that was a good job. About the rest, and fruitcakes, I've little to say further lol.

9. BeHereNow

BeHereNow New Member

AFAIK, no changes to the Freedom girl image. At some point they added the trivium mark on her arm, but I think that was early on, before the split.
    do y09u have any without the trivium?

I don't get the excitement about the trivium either. Maybe a lurker can explain it.

I predict the Zombucks Walker will retain its high aftermarket premium for a decade or more.

I am hoping to see more good things from SS - I want them to surprise me. Skeletons and zombies not required.

I like the road to roota coin, not at the price.
    Now the Liberty Leaf proof set, nice price. That one is ordered.

10. Pirocco

The trivium is a nothing sayer design. What do think about it? I don't know. It's not ugly, that's all that can be said. When I picked out what I wanted I left it aside. They had better put a stargate or so on it instead.
    The nonproof Roota coin was not that expensive relative to the other nonproofs.
    I also have that Liberty Leaf proof set (2 sets), but that was per ounce by far the most expensive silver in the batch. Even comparable to my previous most expensive silver, the Lunar Rabbit 5 oz in 2011, spot price was $32 then.
    Of course, it comes in a luxe box and each coin has a historical quote on it. I bought them for the latter. As storing value, it's just a bad idea. At least now it looks as such.

11. BeHereNow

BeHereNow New Member

Duplicate

12. BeHereNow

BeHereNow New Member

I did some research.
    They issued a double reverse SS/SBSS for $2.99 US over spot - 2012, now asking 87 EURO (about $120 US) at this site.
    http://www.silvershieldcollection.de/index.php/muenzen/trivium-detail
    SDBullion has a 'half proof' version for $80 US.
    I'm sure they are not selling like hotcakes, but you can bet some collectors are paying it. (wish I had a tube at issue price)

The Zombucks reverse is a biohazard symbol - easily recognized, international symbol.
    The SBSS shield, with motto, and design, fairly well tells its own story at least part of it), in universal terms.
    The Trivium, by comparison, uses a vague elements, with created folklore, based on USA and Judeo-Christian values and folklore.
    A real stretch to even see the meaning, and then would only appeal to a select group.

Here is the company description:
    The version of the Trivium symbol we are using is found inside the Seed of Life geometric pattern. The "Seed of Life" is formed from seven circles being placed with sixfold symmetry, forming a pattern of circles and lenses, which act as a basic component of the Flower of Life's design. The Seed of Life is a symbol depicting the seven days of creation in which the Judeo-Christian God created life. This design was used most famously by the likes of Leonardo da Vinci. While the Triquetra and the Seed of Life made an interesting design, we decided to go further and add another laying of detail...
    The Flower of Life is the modern name given to a a geometric figure composed of multiple evenly-spaced, overlapping circles. They are arranged to form a flower-like pattern with a sixfold symmetry, similar to a hexagon. The Flower of Life is found in almost every culture including Great Britain, Italy, Spain, Morocco, India, Egypt, Israel, China, Japan, and even Peru. This design is very intricate and makes for a great background for the other two symbols to make for a very unique and positive design.
    One final element was added to make the Trivium Medallion complete.

The Founding Fathers declared that man has certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. A unique perspective on these three Rights is that Life represents your past freedom. Liberty represents your present Freedom. And the Pursuit of Happiness represents you future Freedom.
    The Trivium, combined with these three Rights, make a powerful, positive force in your life. The 2012 Trivium Medallion will be available December 1st with two different strikes. The first strike is the Brilliant Uncirculated Strike. This will be priced starting $2.99 over spot for any quantity order. The last day for ordering your 2012 Trivium Medallion will be December 31st.
    The Trivium Proof Strike that will represent the highest quality strike that Open Currency can offer. This proof strike uses a more tonnage, multiple strikes on a unique blank planchette to provide an absolutely stunning addition to your collection or serve as an incredible gift for Christmas.
    The Reverse will offer the Classic Silver Bullet Silver Shield Crest with the sayings "A Conscious Solution To Collectivist Problems" and "Listen To All. Follow None". The Silver Shield is flanked by 47 Silver Bullets representing the atomic number of silver.

~ ~ ~

Much too contrived, IMO.

13. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Looks like some of those are the American Open Currency Standards format, I quite like those, I have the hedgehog in copper.

14. Pirocco

The flower of life, never heard about so far.
    That biohazard, neither, still the name rang a far bell and I then remembered a topic about a computer game that had ASE's in it. I don't know the game although it's possible that I saw its name mentioned occasionally.
    Could be me, or my world location, but the whole story says nothing to me, at least in the way that that flower of life drawing serves as a symbol for it. It's just... too complex... too long, to be seen as a clear open message people can understand and support. Like it is now, if one would knock the front door, and starts to explain, it's well possible that the door will be closed again before he finished haha.

Jislizard, American Open Currency Standard is something aside of the coin designs/formats, it's more like a common goal for them. Every coin design has its own people/organisation/company behind it. AOCS is more like a platform of silver based trading in general.

I do have some copper Mises and Galts too though, unintentionally, got them as a gift aside of a silver purchase. But I was surprised by how well they look too. Even copper looks like a valuable thing, probably because governments currencies nearly don't have any copper anymore, they shifted again a step further towards more cheapskate crap. Before, my attitude towards copper was impractical/not worth the storage and hassle. It changed.

15. BeHereNow

BeHereNow New Member

I have added a few tubes of copper too.
    Speculating that they may have added value, by flipping in a few years.
    People that do not have enough disposable income to buy silver 'icons', may be willing to spend much less for the same idea/symbolism in copper.
    They are nice, nice enough for a capsule.
    A lot of generic stuff around for 99 cents, nothing caught my interest.
    Freedom Girl - she's not generic in my book.

Not likely they will ever have significant melt value.
    Collector value - you never know.

16. Pirocco

Freedom Girl is apparently a design that Duane has the legal rights on.
    Now exists in 2 and 5 oz versions and a gold 1 oz (on SDBullion)
    Gray has the rights on SBSS, and has the designs Silver Kruger, Decentralized, Arise and Enemy Unknown.
    Despite the SBSS website having an Asian Industrial Mint company name, it's said that the coins are produced by the North American Mint, the same that produced that Lady Liberty photoetched proof for Loco Pecunia, inc.
    So far, of these only the new Arise I like, looks abit like 2009's Freedom Phoenix, which I bought 3 from.
    I again ordered a batch of this kind of rounds, some various designs from those older years, and triviums, also 5 oz versions. Alot proofs. Together, I bought about a whole dealer stock remainder from years ago.
    And my fiat is about gone too now.

17. libertadiac

libertadiac Member Silver Stacker

I liked the Atlas Shrugged ones, which were released to coincide with first part of the film. If I could have gotten a roll without $80 postage I would have

18. Pirocco

high silver spot / high postage / tax / higher producer profits or higher smaller scale production cost / dealer spreads, alot if not all of it is a local situation. Sometimes it's all overruled by wanting certain coins. Which was for me the case for this John Galt coin.
    So you may like them, apparently not enough to 'sacrifice' the postage.
    My 2011 case was well over $30 spot / high postage / high tax.
    My recent case was much better. Due to spot $20, personal collection, bigger order no shipping cost.
    Nevertheless, you like them, that's already way better that the replies so far here :D

19. kcaven

kcaven New Member

20. kcaven

kcaven New Member