I'm new... any advice?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by SunsofLibertyMint.com, Jun 2, 2014.

1. SunsofLibertyMint.com

SunsofLibertyMint.com New Member

I read the rules tab but I'm not sure how to message the administrators, as I'm part of a Minting company.

What other do's and don't are there but maybe not mentioned in the rules tab?

Look forward to networking with everyone.

- Ademo

2. whinfell

whinfell Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Welcome :)

Send a PM to goldpelican - he's the administrator.

Do's and Don'ts:

- Do post a message in the 'Welcome New Members' section to introduce yourself.
    - Don't try and sell stuff on your first post ;)
    - You'll need 10 posts before you can upload images (otherwise use a third-party site like Imgur

3. SunsofLibertyMint.com

Thanks, heading to the Welcome New Members post now.

Ademo

4. Ouija

Ouija New Member

Welcome to the forum.

The Administrator's name is GoldPelican, and you can reach him through this link:
    http://forums.silverstackers.com/profile.php?id=5

Bear in mind that the majority of the members of this forum are operating in the Australia time zone, so you might not recieve an instant reply.

Don't worry too much about the "rules" - they are pretty consistent with the rules of most other forums (i.e. Don't be a Jerk).

Here, you will find a welcoming group, with very interesting perspectives and opinions. The traffic has been a bit slow, perhaps due to the fact that the silver market itself, has been rather unexciting.

The conversation will pick up, as the silver spot price makes more dramatic moves in the future. In the mean time, I would suggest perusing the older entries - perhaps starting from the oldest, and working your way back to today. It is a true treasure-trove, filled with hidden nuggets of valuable information.

I look forward to your participation in this extremely insightful and helpful community.

5. the optimist

the optimist New Member

My advise would be don't bother with metals !

6. Sneakypeen

Sneakypeen Active Member

My advice is don't wait around for 4 hours before the release of a Gods of Olympus Coin from the Perth Mint and expect to get a coin. Even if you get to the order summary with one in your cart, the Perth Mint is there just to troll the individuals.

7. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Ademo has already been in touch :)

8. SunsofLibertyMint.com

Thanks everyone, I'm having a blast here thus far.

Ademo

9. Ouija

Ouija New Member

Ademo:

May I also suggest that you update your profile to include your location - as it can sometimes be helpful in understanding the social, economic & tax considerations that might influence your unique perspective, regarding your outlook on the precious metals markets.

While not absolutely necessary, I find it an interesting mental exercise to place myself in the position of an investor, who is located in a place where the practicalities and logistics of investing in hard assets, are different from my own reality.

Of course, this is your choice, but I will say that I personally take much more interest in a comment, when I know where it is coming from.

10. SunsofLibertyMint.com

Done Ouija, hadn't realized it was empty.

Ademo

11. Ouija

Ouija New Member

New Hampshire ?!?

Oy, I was sorta hoping for something much more exotic - like Bhopal India, Czech Republic, Guinea-Bissau, or Moldova.

Well, you already know that silver investing in the USA is extremely easy, fast, and cheap - and the USDollar is strong (and will probably remain so for a long time - which is why silver is so inexpensive at the moment).

There just isn't much interest in the metals market while confidence in the Dollar remains high. But things can change quickly, and while I will never offer any investment advice to anyone, my personal interests have me buying as much silver as I can - because I don't imagine it getting much cheaper than it is now.

I am old enough to remember the near run-away inflation of the 1970s - and how the Government stopped it, by raising interest rates. And while that action caused a brief domestic recession, it also restored the faith of the world in the US Government's ability to successfully manage the Dollar as a safe and stable world currency - which in turn, led to the great prosperity of the following thirty-five years.

And though America's contributions to the world of computers, cell-phones, and internet, may have played a part in the overall economic prosperity of the time, it is the management of the Dollar, which is primarily responsible for the rising wealth of the world - even for those few countries which do not peg the value of their own currencies against the USDollar.

I know that there will always be economic emergencies, and that they will always be resolved. But we never know how long it will take for these scenarios to play out - which is why I am investing now, to take advantage of the great opportunities which always present themselves when uncertain people face uncertain times.

12. fltacoma

fltacoma Member

I have done some research into your company. I am guessing that you are the owner of this particular mint?

13. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Welcome to SS :)

Possibility of a reality show in the future aye? That would be interesting, see how the smaller mints operate and what goes into it.

14. SunsofLibertyMint.com

I am one of several shareholders of SoLM (so partial owner, I own the second most shares of the company) and I'm also the Director of Operations. Silver Dave is the CEO and majority shareholder, while several others (including friends, family and long time customers) own part of our company too. In fact, you can as well http://sunsoflibertymint.com/invest

Ademo

15. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum!

16. Fusion555

Fusion555 New Member

Welcome Ademo

I just happen to own one of your 1/4oz hand pours and very nice it is:D