Poseidon is back up on the Perth site!

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Hellcat6, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Hellcat6

Hellcat6 New Member

I got one just now, really! Move fast!

2. Sneakypeen

Sneakypeen Active Member

So did I, not because of your post but I knew there would be a few that dropped. I take everything back from the perth Mint

3. Sneakypeen

Sneakypeen Active Member

They are sold out again

4. Hellcat6

Hellcat6 New Member

I was more disappointed than angry but feel better now. Hope some of the frustrated folks from earlier get a shot at these. I posted in all the Poseidon threads trying to alert them. Someone posted that they got an email from Perth telling them to call and they were holding one for him! Not me, I just got back from a walk and the computer was still on the Perth page. Refreshed it and, holy crap, they had them again! Wonder if they will ever reveal just how many they actually sold through the website. Also wonder if all the flack caused them to come up with some more to put on the site?

5. Sneakypeen

Sneakypeen Active Member

I was soooo pissed at Perth Mint for before. They sold so many to dealers that sell them at double the price. Now I feel bad for the people who missed out on these few.

6. Torcan

Torcan New Member Silver Stacker

this is BS, the least they could have done is offered to those along the queue that did not make it. They know exactly which customers had tried.

7. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

My attempted order said something like "less than 1 minute remaining" at the queuing stage, then it got an error. Tried again, none left.

8. Hellcat6

Hellcat6 New Member

Agreed. I hope no one is thinking that I am rubbing salt in a wound with this posting. It was pure dumb luck that I got one, the intention was to alert as many as possible that there was an opportunity. It must have been a small number , sorry it did not last longer. I was having the same reaction earlier today. Maybe they will continue to dribble them out a few at a time? Still hope as long as it doesn't say SOLD OUT perhaps? I waited for over an hour today as well and did not get any kind of notification that any were available. In another thread, another member said he got an email.

9. Silver Soul

Silver Soul Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Back on ... sweet just got one :D

10. excalibur

excalibur Member Silver Stacker

Hi Stackers, I just tried to get one via the site - and like a lot of others I got to final step , only to be told they were sold out.
    I rang mint on 1300 663 991 and they said that online is currently sold out BUT they do have phone order allocation available!!!
    SO I GOT ONE!!!
    Probably worth a call if you want one.

11. Kordarg

Kordarg New Member

I called and they said they're out now, too. Thy asked for my member number and said I'll be put in a queue to "get ones that become available".

12. excalibur

excalibur Member Silver Stacker

Bugger!!

13. iluvbeanz

iluvbeanz Member

Man, quite playing! These threads are baiting me again, and still never showed a single one in stock for me.

What number can I call them from the US? I tried +61 8 9421 7218 but that is not a value number.

http://www.perthmint.com.au/contactus.aspx

14. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Thanks for the heads up. Called and waited about 10 minutes but no luck. Was told all their allocation have been sold so was added to the waiting list in case someone cancels their order. Or 9 people do as I'm the 10th in line on that particular employee's list.

She recommended contacting their distributors instead, said I'd probably have a better chance doing it that way. She was aware of the huge amount of coins already on eBay and sounded equally unimpressed by the rip-off prices. Ah well.

15. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If you can, try the Numi contact number is 1300 663 991. Worth a try to get on the waiting list

16. picturefun

picturefun Member

From the U.S. you need to dial

this is an international number, your cell phone may be too costy, use Skype is cheaper

17. magickookaburraride

magickookaburraride New Member

If their network administrator is even remotely competent , they know exactly who was logged on...when they were logged on...and what they were trying to purchase.

Those of us that were logged on prior to release time ( Or reasonably close to ) should be sent a direct purchase link to the email associated with our Perth Mint account.

Take a few from the groups of 50 given to distributors offering them for double and triple release price, make them available to those of us that worked hard to purchase a Mint product from their site at release time.

18. buybuybuy

buybuybuy New Member

Dealers like Talisman should lose their status with the shit they pull.

19. picturefun

picturefun Member

Crook dealers like Talisman will not lose their dealer status. Instead, Perth Mint has been rewarding him (it is a 1-person shop) with very LOW COA numbers (12-16 for Zeus coin), just look at these
    http://www.talismancoins.com/servlet/Categories

And he even got a Single digit COA number of Zeus coin, sold to a buyer.

By the way, according to his web site, "Poseidon sold out at the Mint on pre-release". It is Such a shame for what PM has done, Sold 80% to dealers, and then left 20% or less for average people like us. Who are those dealers selling to at markup price? average people like us! I know RCM has done this kind of thing, but never know PM could do this too. what a Disgrace. and look at what happened to RCM now. FEW collectors are interested in their coins any more. If PM keeps doing this kind of thing, they will get treated the same way by the public
    http://www.talismancoins.com/servlet/Detail?no=2678

20. picturefun

picturefun Member

" Poseidon sold out at the Mint on pre-release"! so PM has NOTHING to offer.