here we go again Ebay.

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by nickybaby, Jun 1, 2014.

1. nickybaby

nickybaby Active Member Silver Stacker

I seem to remember a while ago a post about some ebay account that dropped kilos of gold on the market.

Of course everyone bidded some people paid and one scammer walked off very happy.

whilst perusing ebay looking for a coin this seller came up.

http://www.ebay.com.au/usr/forre-aaro?_trksid=p3984.m1423.

all of a sudden this new seller who cannot work Ebay is offloading 1 kg and 9 oz of proof gold plus some older world coins.

they also happen to be dropping a shed load of knock off dvds.

Now I am an Optamistic bloke. But I suspect this may well be a rat.

anybody fancy a cheep 1kg gold proof coin?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Her-Maje...53317?pt=AU_Coins2&hash=item1e8c5a6565&_uhb=1

I of course apologise if this person is honest, but It looks very fishy indeed.

2. Dellers

Dellers Member Silver Stacker

Yep my thoughts exactly. I guess it comes down to buyer beware. I'm staying right away coz a good deal on nothing is still nothing.

3. nickybaby

nickybaby Active Member Silver Stacker

Decided to have some fun. Opened up a new e-bay account called "yournotreallysellingthatgoldcoin" Put a bid in and mailed the seller saying I would love to have that coin. Could I do a f2f in Sydney?

Then I asked if they could produce a photo of the actual coin and not a generic photo. With todays news paper would be good.

think i'll get a reply?

4. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Only if it's a series 1 lunar tiger

5. ego2spare

ego2spare Well-Known Member

who in the F*** is smart enough to earn that much expendable income. and then so extremely stupid enough to buy kilos of gold off, "some guy". seriously, if u spend tens of thousands on gold off some dude on ebay, u deserve to buy fakes.

6. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

Only a moron would bid on a kilo of gold from a zero feedback seller and expect to actually get anything

7. Nabullion Dynamite

Nabullion Dynamite Active Member

I recently purchased a Diamond from a 15000 feeback repudable Taiwan diamond seller seller on ebay. They flooded the diamond catagory with tons of colored diamonds for auction and they were selling for super cheap since there was so many. I won 2 in auction and started to get suspicious when I saw the exact same I purchased up again for the next day. I was updated with a tracking number and it was the same number even though they were purchased a week apart.

I guess they chose that moment to say screw it and walk away with as much cash as they could. They sold atleast 250 diamonds in that week period and then cancelled thier account. I got my money back of coarse, I wonder if they got away with it.

8. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

I'd say it's more likely the reputable dealer's account got hacked.

Yes there is no guarantee you won't get screwed by even a high feedback seller but it's pretty much a 100% certainty a zero feedback seller offloading high value items, it's either going to be a scam or the items are stolen.

9. Nabullion Dynamite

Nabullion Dynamite Active Member

Yep but that should be a no brainer, I just thought it was odd that it happened with a high feedback seller. Hacking is probably what happened. I don't get why people make new accounts to try to rip people off, since they are new the paypal account should freeze the funds for 25 days...perhaps they didn't read that far, or they will ask you for a check or something, I've never gotten that far since I avoid them all!

10. mike titanic

mike titanic New Member

Hmmmm with no history at all?I think that I will pass on it.