Who is this lady?

Discussion in 'Gold' started by Safetyfish, May 31, 2014.

1. Safetyfish

Safetyfish New Member

I was taking pictures for photographic record of serial numbers when I noticed this one Lady Fortuna is different.

Every other "biscuit" in this stack has the same essayers name on it, except this one lucky lady.
    The location of the serial number on the reverse side is also different in comparison to the others that are in the same weight, but then so are the rest of them. The serial numbers is kind of all over the place where it will be either below or above the PAMP logo etc.

What struck me was the detail in her engraving. The coins are more detailed, the ears of corn in her hair is much more detailed, the engraving itself sits larger on the "biscuit" than the others. Anybody ever seen this difference between the Fortuna PAMP biscuits?

[​IMG]

2. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

3. Sneakypeen

Sneakypeen Active Member

I do not believe so, there are two different types of Lady Fortuna. One is just newer other then the other, however I am not sure which is which.

4. Safetyfish

Safetyfish New Member

Google search for differences between Lady Fortuna designs dint give me much, there are numerous pictures showing the two different designs though. Just not sure what the difference is between them and why, which is basically the reason for my post.

HIGHLY unlikely that it will be fake. It is from a very reputable dealer that is spread across the Middle East and with major branches in India. These boys have a habit to come visit your family to discuss "issues", their business will be ruined overnight if there is even a hint that they are not legit.

5. elninjo

elninjo New Member

I would suggest sending the serial # and a photo to pamp for verification. You didnt mention what size these bars were. I have a couple of 200grams bars and a 10oz bar (below) and have a friend who has some 1 oz bars with the same packaging as yours and cant say I have noticed this when you are comparing the same weight bars.

Anyways, thought I would post a couple for comparison.

[​IMG]

6. Yeti Hunter

Yeti Hunter Member

Goldpelican is usually pretty good at questions like these...

7. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Check the serial numbers - they will be miles apart, probably even different patterns with different prefixes.

There's been a few different Fortuna dies used.

8. Safetyfish

Safetyfish New Member

Every one of the biscuits in my little collection has a serial number that starts with a B then a 6 digit number. This is the only one with no letter prefix but has a 6 digit serial number. This is also the only one with this specific essayers signature on it. It is an odd little 100g duckling indeed but I must admit, from a detail perspective she is way better looking than the rest.

9. S. Ohno

S. Ohno Member

Does it look like this?
    http://www.caymangoldexchange.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=56

If you do a google image search for "PAMP 100g gold bar" there are plenty that look like yours.

I see you already did a google search, but that one has a pic with a serial number.

10. Safetyfish

Safetyfish New Member

Yep, exact same and the essayer is also the same. Thank you for the replies, just didnt know that there are different Lady Fortuna designs out there.

11. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

You are very lucky to come across a rare specimen. It might have a higher value. Depends on who'd want to buy one of those...

At first I wanted to tell you that if that single piece looks so much better with finer details, then all the rest are fake and that single one if genuine!

Let's hope this isn't the case with yours.

12. 1ozTrOy

1ozTrOy New Member

With so many fakes out there i would def get those fortunas tested with ultrAsonic thickness gauge just to be certain theyre legit.