What else is there?

Discussion in 'Other Investments' started by Nabullion Dynamite, May 25, 2014.

1. Nabullion Dynamite

Nabullion Dynamite Active Member

I have a problem. I work a slow graveyard job where I spend most of my time researching and buying on the internet, problem is I have a short attention span. I usually start something, complete real quick and move on. I've started to purchase things that I feel will maintain value or grow in the future, I find this better then just keeping money and it allows me to continue shopping all day without throwing away money. It also keeps people off my back if I call these purchases investments.

I've already started a hefty collection of firearms, almost met my silver and gold stacking goals for the year, completely a small numismatic U.S coin collection, prepared for the apocolypse with a complete bug out bag(that one was for fun!) and food and water storage.

Each and everything I start I learn a lot of information and after I reach my goal continue to slowly add to each. My question is what else is out there? I'm interested in things that are fairly affordable, low maintenance and would possibly be a good store of wealth but are fun to collect. I even tried wine collecting and cheesemaking at one point but Failed on the cheese and drank the wine! :D I like hoarding, I like to have collections, I like doing show and tell(besides with my gold and silver)

2. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Expensive watches? Old coins? Perhaps even look into cryptos for the fun of it?

3. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Pre-1950 glass marbles. Not kidding.

4. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

5. Contrarian

Contrarian New Member

Really,

I've got a big bag of Grandads marbles from when he was a kid.

Now where did I put them....

C

6. Nabullion Dynamite

Thanks guys, I actually did dabble with watches for a couple months, got a few nice ones for myself and just finished selling some extras on ebay. Could simply not afford some of the really nice ones.

Whenever I am digging through a thrift store looking for ebay junk I am ALWAYS on the lookout for marbles, hardly every find any but it is insane what they go for.

I started doing coins and will continue to work on that collection, I like the idea of coins a lot.

I'm don't make a ton of money by any means but figure if I'm going to spend(which I am) try to make it something fun and useful. I enjoy the information I learn about certain items too. Every time I find a niche category and start researching about it its insane how much this stuff is around you. There is money just sitting around everywhere under peoples noses!

7. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

I would just like to put it out there - every member who goes raiding every second hand and op shop in their town for marbles because of this thread and finds a German Swirl or some other valuable marble - shoot me a finders fee for putting you onto them.

8. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

GP's lost his marbles!

9. Silver Soul

Silver Soul Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Stack, Norfed liberty dollars. You need very deep pockets to hold the rare ones :p

10. Nabullion Dynamite

They are out there. The funniest thing I find about second hand stores is their pricing is backwards. Things that look expensive or have a brand name they price high, often over retail because they think it is valuable when almost always the expensive stuff is priced low because they do not know they have value, like a simple marble. Sometimes I wish I knew everything about everything when I walk into a thrift store because every time I learn about something new I start noticing the money sitting right in front of everyone!

11. raven

raven Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If you don't trust fiat, why would you trust crypto ?

12. ego2spare

ego2spare Well-Known Member

There are only 2 things that will always be valuable. Metals and land. only buy things that the earth will run out of. Wine?....no. hording anything else other than metals and land is just some collection that can be worthless at any time.

13. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You always invest in vintage race cars :cool:

Jusj go and buy something from Duttons , or I could sell you a pre A 356 Porsche that Seinfeld missed out om. Before it heads over to Hong Kong :eek:

14. Nabullion Dynamite

but wine is sooo tasty :p Land is the big thing on my list but I have to be patient for that. I'm building myself up a safety net before going into any land purchases, reason I started saving atall in the first place!

15. boneyard

boneyard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Buy up big.......

HONEY

in glass containers.

16. Contrarian

Contrarian New Member

Nope, vaguely remember swapping them for lollies at school. :rolleyes:

C

17. Caput Lupinum

I've got a small amount of shares in Capilano honey (CZZ). Has been going great guns but trades on very low volumes. With North American honey bees dying from colony collapse disorder I thought it was worth throwing a bit of couch cushion money on.

18. ego2spare

ego2spare Well-Known Member

They finally found out why they are dying. (For an obvious common sense reason that i guessed all along, morons) so, sell SELL SELL!!

19. Caput Lupinum

Oh I know it was pesticides that was discovered were killing the bees but that hasn't stopped Capilano shares from buzzing. The local weather conditions in Australia have been poor for honey production which has led to a shortage and price increases for locally produced honey. Also Capilano has been expanding its business. While I don't expect the shares to maintain their current price, I'll hold off selling to see what the weather wants to do.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/fo...d-lack-of-nectar/story-fneuz8wn-1226809862086

20. Nabullion Dynamite

I have a half empty jar of manuka honey in my bathroom, should I be saving the contents in an airtite and stacking in my safe? Anyone want to trade silver ounce for ounce of honey, I think something big is happening soon!