FREE Apmex shipping

Discussion in 'Silver' started by iluvbeanz, May 12, 2014.

1. iluvbeanz

iluvbeanz Member

APMEX has free shipping promotion on all orders any size, starting now until this Friday. Additional deals HERE, which changes daily. GOGOGO!

The catch is that it's only good for the US. If you're outside the US, I'm willing to help forward some packages to your country, and mark low VAT value. There might be a few things from apmex you can't get anywhere else. I've done plenty of international shipping on other forums.

2. Ouija

Ouija New Member

While APMEX is great for US residents, I don't think it has much relevence to the majority of the members of this forum.

The minimum purchase requirements and shipping costs for overseas customers, makes APMEX unattractive, except for those collectors who are seeking specialty items, which may not be available locally.

Your offer to purchase and forward packages to those in Australia, who wish to purchase smaller amounts may be helpful, but be careful when offering to mark lower values on the shipping receipt - as one of you could come up short, if the package gets lost in the mail, and you need to file a claim for the value of the lost parcel.

3. funman1

funman1 New Member

And if you are in the USA you can get better prices and free shipping with either JMBullion or ProvidentMetals anyways...
    So this is not much news for those in the US or those outside US :)

4. Nabullion Dynamite

Nabullion Dynamite Active Member

I'm excited...can finally buy one thing without being killed by the shipping. I normally only make large purchases from them

5. Fusion555

Fusion555 New Member

This is true, the only reason i would buy anything from them is they do have a really good choice, JMBullion is my goto, always free shipping

6. fltacoma

fltacoma Member

I have heard that jm bullion is kind of sketchy. Not trying to dissuade people from buying from them, but that is what I heard?

7. BlackSheep

BlackSheep Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

hmmm normally we get a serious smackdown just after they do that :/

8. Ouija

Ouija New Member

There's nothing wrong with JMBullion. I have ordered from them several times. They are very honest, and have a good selection (though not as large as APMEX).

They are not as fast-shipping as APMEX, so you might have to wait for five days with JMBullion, as opposed to two days from APMEX.

For their lower prices and free shipping - I think it's worth waiting a couple more days for delivery.

I don't know if JM Bullion ships overseas.

9. Nabullion Dynamite

Nabullion Dynamite Active Member

I have more problems with apmex the jm bullion. My first large order from Jm bullion I saved a ton of money, took about 2 weeks to get my purchase as described. Only reason I like Apmex is the order is normally in my hand in 3 days, they are very fast!

10. Fusion555

Fusion555 New Member

Iv had no problems with them, as said, they can be slow but ill wait a few extra days for the money saved.

No, they dont ship overseas

11. funman1

funman1 New Member

Never any problems here, they had some really slow shipping when they moved locations back in Jan, but I've always gotten what I ordered.

12. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

There were a few shipping issues back in Feb due to implementation of a new 'pick & pack' arrangement with Brinks. Ended up not going well and there were a few posts on here alluding to the possibility of having been defrauded.

Other than thay, JM seem pretty respected by the US members.

13. a1nipper

a1nipper New Member

I've made numerous purchase with JMBULLION with zero problems. Usually lowest cost and free shipping on orders over $100

14. iluvbeanz

iluvbeanz Member

Why won't the price just plummet already. Been waiting for a drop before I pull the trigger. If that doesn't happen, I'll just place my order no matter what price is at.

Provident metals only offers you free shipping if you buy one of their crappy overpriced stuff. Once in a blue moon, they'll offer something good that allows free shipping, but most the time it's stuff that no one wants. That's how they clear unwanted inventories.

JMBullion has free shipping on everything. But just keep in mind that it's not truly free. The shipping cost is factored into the price. If you buy one or 2 coins, then the free shipping is a good deal. Once in a while, they'll have some good sales; a few weeks ago, you can get ASE for only $2.45 over spot, and that includes shipping. If you buy a single coin, they basically sold you the ASE at spot after the loss on shipping. The downside is that their selection is extremely limited, and slow shipping. Last time I ordered from them, it took almost a month to receive.

15. funman1

funman1 New Member

For Provident I just buy one of their copper offerings then sell it back on ebay for way more than I paid (The 7 coin pirate collection copper or whatever) , so I always end up with free shipping at Provident too :)