Would u lend someone on silver stackers money?

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by ego2spare, Apr 24, 2014.

1. ego2spare

ego2spare Well-Known Member

what we do here, send complete strangers very valuable packages / bank wire complete strangers, works completely on the honour system. but if a stacker said, for eg. "if somone can loan me $500 i will wire you back $530 in 5 days" it would take the same amount of tust as making a regular trade as we do here daily. members feedback would still be valid for evaluating whether they will pay you back. it would give u better returns than you would get if you bought silver with same money ALOT BETTER (and then u can buy silver after). actually better returns than almost anything. since it would be small amounts of money, interest or the "fee" u give for the short term loan would be high and agreed upon before hand. im not expecting alot of people to reply because if your post was "yes i would" u might get get some PMs lol. but i just wanted anyone reading this to realise lending somone u dont know money and expecting them to pay u back with interest on silver stackers takes the exact same amount of trust that alot of people expect here everyday, and its hard or very inconvient for some people to get small loans if they need it fast.
    NO, i dont need any money. im sure i wont be needing a cash loan for at least a year or more. this post was just a random thought that i had.

2. col0016

col0016 Active Member

Umm... I would for well established community members (the ones who probably wouldn't need loans anyway lol). With new members I get them to pay before I send or do f2f so we swap at the same time, you obviously can't really do that with a loan so I wouldn't feel that comfortable with it.

3. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Dear Sir,

Good day and compliments. This letter will definitely come to you as a huge surprise, but I implore you to take the time to go through it carefully as the decision you make will go off a long way to determine the future and continued existence of the entire members of my family.

Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Dr. Caput Lupinum, the son of the late head of state and commander in chief of the armed forces of the federal republic of Nigeria who died on the 8th of June 1998.

My ordeal started immediately after my father's death on the morning of 8th June 1998, and the subsequent take over of government by the last administration. The present democratic government is determined to portray all the good work of my late father in a bad light and have gone as far as confiscating all my late father's assets, properties, freezing our accounts both within and outside Nigeria. As I am writing this letter to you, my brother Fisher King is undergoing questioning with the government. All these measures taken by past/present government is just to gain international recognition.

I and the entire members of my family have been held incommunicado since the death of my father, hence I seek your indulgence to assist us in securing these funds. We are not allowed to see or discuss with anybody. Few occasions I have tired traveling abroad through alternative means all failed.

It is in view of this I have mandated Mr Ben Bernanke, who has been assisting the family to run around on so many issues to act on behalf of the family concerning the substance of this letter. He has the full power of attorney to execute this transaction with you.

My late father had/has Eighty Million USD ($80,000,000.00) specially preserved and well packed in trunk boxes of which only my father and I knew about. It is packed in such a way to forestall just anybody having access to it. It is this sum that I seek your assistance to get out of Nigeria as soon as possible before the present civilian government finds out about it and confiscate it just like they have done to all our assets.

I implore you to please give consideration to my predicament and help a brother in need.

May Allah show you mercy as you do so?

Your faithfully,

Dr Caput Lupinum

4. worldbubble

worldbubble Active Member

you are using not good way to deal with complete strangers ...
    strangers send product, you get it, you pay for it ... if you pay to a stranger then wait - you are subject to frauds

as of lending stackers or anyone else - I would not do it ... buying - yes, lending - no
    it doesn`t matter if the meaning in your sense is the same
    seller has to send the product he owns (you buy the product from the owner, not the promise, right)

borrower may go bankrupt and will say bye bye to your money

it is different amount of trust there too

5. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Somebody here did lend me $4k to buy a car , loan was paid back
    I want reveal who it was unless he wants to reveal himself
    But there was a lot of previourse bussinesst and he had been to my house
    And he made my sign a piece of paper
    :D

6. ego2spare

Caput Lupinum : hehehehehe. well if your feedback is good... it would be my HONOUR to help save your family

you have 13 positive feedback just as i do. i dont know how u got that feedback u could have sold 13 round 50c coins to different people. but for me 13 feedback is still good enough for me and some others that, if u posted up a "WTS 25x 10oz PM bars $310 each" i would buzz and send u $7750
    u are still a stranger to me and i would hope u send me the bars. if u dont send the bars there isnt much i can do. its a promise that u will. i dont see how it is any different.

7. Revils

Revils Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'll sell you 25x 10oz PM for $7750

8. col0016

col0016 Active Member

Beat me to it lol.

9. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I have lent and borrowed money from the stackeratti and would do it again.

I have more trust in the members than I do in Aus Post, to the extent that I'll do little trading by post.

10. worldbubble

worldbubble Active Member

ok, let me explain
    13 feedback means I am good at paying when I buy or/and I am good at delivering when I am payed
    it means when I am saying I have product to sell - I can deliver and will deliver it asap. I am a stranger, but I have a track record according to feedback, nothing more ...

as of loans, this feedback states nothing ... Well, I know I would not feel myself good asking for money on any forum because when others do it rings the bells for me ... For me it means person tried different places failed getting the loan there, and got to the last resort - forum ...For me it means that previous feedback is useless as the person coming with new manner ... unless there is a feedback that states that person payed back the loan and everybody is happy))

11. scone

scone Active Member Silver Stacker

When I was down for the count last month an extremely generous SS member offered me a loan till I was on my feet once again, this is a person I only know online and have never met.
    I was blown away to say the least at the generosity that was shown and thank that nameless person from the bottom of my heart.
    I did not accept the loan but fantastic it was offered and will never be forgotten.

12. 2ds

2ds New Member

I'd happily loan anyone money, the amount I'd loan scales directly with how well I know this person and their reputation.

People will often joke and hold out their hands for money and I will give it to them, even people I don't know very well.

I just hold the cash or and stare at them. But if they take that money and I get nothing in return I'm probably never speak to them again and all of our mutual friends will know they're a shitbag thief. Money is a small price to pay to know the measure of a person

13. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

if you lend someone $100 & never see them again it was most probably worth it

14. boneyard

boneyard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

OK..........

looking for a syndication to bankroll $1 million to buy a franchise license for Webber Wave Pools anywhere in Australia.

This will get the rights to pay to build a pool .

Pool costs are approximately $10 million depending on location.

For futher details PM me or go to

www.webberwavepools.com

15. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

What would happen if you threw a chocolate bar in a webber wave pool if the people in the pool didn't know it was a chocolate bar?

16. iluvbeanz

iluvbeanz Member

Buying/selling things is not the same as lending/borrowing money. In the case of a buyer and seller, one person already has the money readily to pay, and the other person has the goods readily to ship. But if someone is borrowing money, then obviously they don't have the money, and you don't know the person's financial situation or how reliable they are at paying you back. Why do you think so many people are caught in credit card debt and extremely hard to get out? What if you loan them money, and they're unable to pay back? Wanting to pay you back, and being able to pay you back are two different things.

17. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It might not be obvious from the WTS posts, but some people here know who they're transacting with and are happy to trust them with many thousands of dollars worth of stuff.

Don't assume that someone buzzing $10k worth of metal is sending funds to a complete stranger. The post might really be for the benefit of half a dozen people who the seller knows well and they're only making it public in the interests of transparency for the handful of people they're prepared to sell to.

And yes, there are certain people here I'd lend money to, either for free or on commercial terms, depending on their situation.

18. boneyard

boneyard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It would all be on CCTV and they could sell you a copy.

19. ego2spare

How would you know the goods exist after you pay? I would pay somone back on SS BEFORE i paid my credit card and alot of other things. They Will always be able to pay back, always. people like stackers arnt always short of money, they are stackers. If they dont pay you back, they choose not to. Just like a bad buy/sell would get a bad name on SS. I see the feedback not as just, u pay, product gets sent. its not just the order of things, or just something robotic and just works that way. We arnt online registered businesses. we are just some guy on a computer eating cheetos. When i see somone with alot of good feedback to me it just means 'this guy is not a douche'. Its a reputaion built up over time. There are many times people could have seriously ripped people off and they chose not to. The stuff people sell need not exist. The transaction could be over when they recieve the money. But then because they are decent people they send u whatever u wanted. Just like if u gave somone with good feedback some cash and they said they WILL give u the money back. They would do it because they are proven to be a decent person.

20. Roswell Crash Survivor

Roswell Crash Survivor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Probably not without physical metal held as security worth at least 117% of the loan amount, and a written contract establishing the liability.