thinking of changing ALL my bars into 1kg/10oz coins

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by ego2spare, Apr 23, 2014.

1. ego2spare

ego2spare Well-Known Member

Yes i know it will cost me a bit more but the premiums on these coins after a few years are crazy!. I have a few 10oz coins and they are hard to stack. i dont like the cases getting scuffed up or damaged. How do u guys store them? If i end up with more of them, how many do u think i can put on top of one another before the bottom coin case cracks? Yeah i think about this stupid stuff lol. I cant put more than 5 in a stack now cos i think its to heavy. I mostly want 10oz but stacking kg coins? Pfff ..fuggedaboutit. Help me dr. Phill!

2. Captain Kookaburra

Captain Kookaburra Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If you're in Melbourne you could maybe get some old Perth Mint shipping boxes from Gold Stackers. They hold 10 1kg coins.

25 10oz coins to a box.

They may have some, or they may not.

3. ego2spare

They come in boxes!? I never thought about that. Guess they have to get sent in something. Is it a box like if u order 100 1oz coins? Im not in melbourne but ill try to annoy some companies till they give me one lol

4. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

5. ego2spare

thanx house might get one of those. perthbullion said the PM coins just come in a cardboard box with cardboard inserts

6. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

They do indeed. Think it's in lots of 5 coins too as that's how mine have usually arrived.

7. chrissilver

chrissilver Member Silver Stacker

I think swapping the bars for 10oz and 1kg coins is a good move. The have more potential for a larger price increase.

I am also collecting the Perth Mint 10oz an 1kg coins. I don't have 5 1kg coins yet, but I can see how the stacking of them will become problematic in a few years. Due to the large diameter of these larger coins, and the unknown thickness of the capsule in relation to the coins size and weight, I can see the capsules cracking very easily.

Will be very interesting to hear how other stackers stack their 10oz and 1kg coins.

edited to add: I do remember Pirocco who uploaded a photo of 25 1kg libertads all stacked up, so maybe it's fine to stack up a lot of 10oz and kilo coins without them breaking.

8. Photonaware

Photonaware Active Member

Get down to Staples and look at the wide variety of plastic "really useful" storage boxes that come in all shapes and sizes. Place your coins on edge like a packet of digestives.