Hoping that the economy tanks?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by mmissinglink, Apr 18, 2014.

1. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

I firmly believe, based on what I have read and seen over the past 18 months, that there are some precious metals stackers who actually hope that the economy tanks just so that they will be vindicated in their belief in stacking and because they believe they will personally gain a lot when inflation shoots up in a tanked economy.

So, are you one of those stackers?

2. ounces

ounces New Member

And how is that so different than the BANKSTERS that steal and run this sham.

3. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

No, I'm scared shitless that the economy will tank. But wishing it won't, won't stop it from happening. All I can do is carry on living a full life, sleeping with one eye open.

4. Goldrush

Goldrush Member

I for one would never wish for the World Economy to tank as it will bring much misery and hardship to millions if not Billions of people. In the end my stack is my insurance policy, even than it may not be that useful if every thing goes to custard in a bad way. Than only your wits and your determination will keep you one step ahead of the pack.

5. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Should nothing go pear shaped, your insurance is also a hard asset that is yours to use as you see fit. There may or not be a return on investment but the peace of mind is immeasurable.

6. SilverKendo

SilverKendo New Member

mmissinglink I agree with you. It seems like a lot of folks here and elsewhere on the web stack like doomsday preppers with the hope the world will go to sh!t. They all think they will be the new Daryl from Walking Dead in a post zombie world because of their stack (or what ever fantasy they have). Hogwash. The world economy isn't going anywhere soon (for better or for worse). An economic implosion is just the latest in end-of-world scenarios we've seen in the past couple of decades. We survived the Mayan calendar, Camping's rapture, Y2K, Nostradamus several times and tons of other end-of-world, doomsday, stock your guns and ammo, rice and beans and PMs nonsense. Doomsday is the last reason I would stack PM. If it happens and somehow gold and silver end up being valuable good for me, but I doubt that'll happen. Silliness. To be honest though I feel like there is less of that sentiment here than elsewhere and this is generally a more balanced crew.

Here is my prediction for 2014: World will not end and there will be no major economic collapse in any of the world powers within the next 365 days. If I'm wrong anyone is free to call me names and taunt me til they are blue in the face :)

7. Savocado

Savocado New Member

I don't wish the economy to tank, I've been having enough trouble covering the bills and rent and finding enough work to support myself.

Anybody who wishes the economy to tank will keep it to themselves and not post it in this thread.

The minority wont speak out.

8. Savocado

Savocado New Member

Another prediction to hold someone to. :D

9. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm not hoping it will tank... I'm trying as hard as I can to make it tank.

Not only have I lowered my own productivity.... wherever I go, I lower the productivty of those about me. I distract people with idle gossip, spread internet viruses and change the height of people's office chairs when they're out.

I wear big noisy bangles that rattle and distract people on the other side of the office. I make my 'sneezes' so over dramtic and loud that they set off fire alarms. I hang around smokers outside so that the nicotine sinks into my clothes and when I'm back inside the office it kicks off all the cravings of the smokers inside making them run outside twice as often for a 'busta'. I also walk around with freshly microwaved bacon sandwiches to distract the fatties.

I hold up human tellers/checkouts with long winded stories that go nowhere and holdup the automatic kind by repeatedly giving the wrong PIN/change or checking my balance.

I purposlely wait at traffic intersections even after the traffic lights have turned green..waiting until those behind beep their horns, and drive slow in the fast lane, yet I weave so close to the next lane that no one dares pass because I'm so close to changing lanes.

I reckon I personally am reducing GDP by 0.5%... if we all contributed we could bring this puppy down by June.

10. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

^ You have a future waiting for you in stand-up! :)

11. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

So it was you at those lights on the Pacific Hwy on Thursday who delayed traffic :mad: If I'd only known ;)

12. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

Absolutely not

Hope for the best but prepare for the worst

13. ego2spare

ego2spare Well-Known Member

.......it would be fun though :rolleyes:

14. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yes, yes I am :cool:

15. windmill

windmill New Member

I think this is a worthwhile post. :)

Is it what we hope for?

what about our families?

our friend's?

our enemies?

We can I suppose, be just same as whatever corrupt force is manipulating us at the moment.

It does seem to boil down to our individual morals, and what we see as right or wrong.

It seems to me in the interim, some of the best things we can do are encourge others to not put all their eggs in one basket, point out the obvious corruption and maybe try get our own lives in order so we'll have something worthwhile to share, both now and into the unforseeable future.

Here's an article I came across today, it summarieses a lot of things I,ve been wondering about. It points to huge changes taking place, investment oppurtunities as well as pain for many of us.

Of course silver and gold isn't the answer but if we see trouble coming it is prudent to prepare to help where we can, imo

http://futuristrendcast.wordpress.c...ounces-eurasian-union-and-new-currency-altyn/ I'll put this in current affairs as well,in case others are interested.

16. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

I hope that the governments tank. :D

17. crazy hippo

crazy hippo New Member

i hope the US, Europe and the other "we are the shit" nations pay their debts, just the way they made the developing nations pay them.

if that means they need to shed a 100kg of body weight, boo hoo.

as for tanking, this is inevitable. the lifestyle expected, as a god given right is simply ridiculous, and unsustainable.
    once there isn't a P$ to force people into submission... ahhh good times a coming. :)

18. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member Silver Stacker

Like the wise man said, "hope for the best, and prepare for the worst".

ch,

"just the way they made the developing nations pay them."

Not sure how old you are, but back in the '80s they had a thing called "Third World Debt" (mostly African) , and after a campaign of propaganda MANY billions were written off by the"banksters", and the World Bank and IMF.

Made NIL difference, they are still living on rocks and grass, or each other.

OC

19. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member Silver Stacker

20. boston

boston Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I hope that it won't tank - but I know that it will, and much sooner than some here think.