Silver coin DEALS thread

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by haploid23, Apr 5, 2014.

1. haploid23

haploid23 New Member

I didn't see any centralized thread to post deals, so here it is. If you see any occasional deals, please post them here.

I'll start off with this these OPM 1oz silver rounds for only $0.75 over spot, in any quantity. Currently $20.76 USD per coin. Also comes with an air-tite capsule. I have a few of these, and they have a proof-like mirror finish.

http://www.providentmetals.com/opm-1-oz-silver-bullion-round.html

They are located in the US, so may or may not ship international. Just for this deal only, I'm willing to help order it and forward to you for exact postage cost.

2. kezza26

kezza26 Active Member Silver Stacker

3. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

How exactly will you do this?

4. haploid23

haploid23 New Member

I think you might have misunderstood me. I'm not looking to sell anything, no profit involved. I'm just offering to help pass the deal on to international people that might not be able to get them.

Basically buy it and have it shipped to my address, or give me money so I can buy it for you. Then you pay exact shipping cost for me to ship from US to your country. If it gets too complicated, then nevermind. Alternatively I think you can ask maggie to help get it to Aus, but I think he might charge a small premium.

5. Eureka Moments

I know who maggie is. She's a really good bloke.

Who are you just so I know before sending you my money? How do you expect to be paid? And what sort of guarantee is there that I will receive my order?

6. Photonaware

Photonaware Active Member

Good idea for suggesting this topic as there are stackers looking for the cheapest sources but Internationally there are regular barriers. Folks in the USA are very fortunate - same with energy and gas ( petrol ) prices.

7. haploid23

haploid23 New Member

Oops, apologize to maggie. Still new to this forum so I'm not yet familiar with prominent members. Maggie is actually currently helping me a few lunar sets ;)

I only have 1 transaction on this forum, but I've shipped out hundreds of packages, including international ones. Anyways, I don't want this thread to derail and only about proving my credibility. If you're serious about getting something from the US that can't be shipped overseas, then shoot me a PM, more than happy to provide credibility if you're still in question.

8. Maggie

Maggie New Member Silver Stacker

It would be beneficial to get feedback before asking members if you can act on their behalf.
    If I bring items into the country to sell, that is public knowledge. But to presume I charge a fee to everyone that I do a favour for, is not correct.

Regards Maggie

9. Eureka Moments

Have you shipped silver internationally before?

10. iluvbeanz

iluvbeanz Member

11. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

12. Savocado

Savocado New Member

Costs of goods and services are relative to a countries income.

If you look around energy is much cheaper in many third world countries and petrol costs more than it does here in some rich European countries.

Comparing the cost of living to the income is complicated but accurate.

Minimum wage workers in the US need welfare to get buy even when working full time, MacDonald's in USA released a budget for their employees which proves it's impossible to live on their wage (comfortable) although minimum full time wage in Australia needs no centerlink benefits.

13. iluvbeanz

iluvbeanz Member

I'm neither selling them, nor advertising. What's so confusing about it? I'm not affiliated with them, just merely notifying anyone in the US if they want to take advantage of a good deal. If you buy a single coin and factor in shipping cost, then they are selling it below spot price for an uncirculated goverment coin.

14. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Cheers for the heads up.. that is an incredible deal.. id be interested in a group buy for opm 1oz rounds at 70c over spot..

15. lostwords

lostwords New Member

I think the whole point of this thread is to post any good deals u find some members can benefits. He wasn't try to sell anything. He just offering to ship to u if u need helps getting them from u.s dealers. Use it at your own digressions.

This come in handy if u find a good deal from some u.s dealers. Some u.s dealer ship free within u.s but would require u to buy anomous amount to ship internationally and charge u high shipping free.

16. picturefun

picturefun Member

Providentmetals.com shipping policy. So those who live in Australia can do a group buy, and if amount is large enough, I would think they will ship to you directly.

"International Shipping - We are currently shipping to Canada, however these orders must be placed by phone . All Canadian customers are required to call (877) 395-3107 during our regular business hours to place their orders. Acceptable payment methods are limited to wire transfers, bank drafts, cashiers checks, and money orders for international orders. At this time, we may ship to other countries on a case-by-case basis depending on USPS/UPS/FedEx shipping policies. Additional costs may be incurred. Please call during normal business hours to find out if we can ship to your country. See our FAQ page for more information on international shipping."

Also read here for international shipping question
    http://www.providentmetals.com/faq.html#intl-shipping

17. iluvbeanz

iluvbeanz Member

18. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

I also don't see why some members are making the simple offer by haploid23 so unnecessarily complicated.

I did the same thing for another SS member here for a coin set that was not being shipped outside of US. It's called doing someone a favor...that's what haploid is offering and I commend it.

Another example of why this service might be used by non-US residents....a situation that came up very recently in discussion in another thread here is a member was writing how s/he is unable to find the America The Beautiful "P" 5 oz silver coins where s/he lives and s/he was interested in buying some of these coins. Such a person could contact haploid23 and ask to receive a discounted subscription for these coins and if they agree to terms, the member would pay haploid in advance to purchase the subscription saving a little money at the same time (which such savings would be passed onto the member asking haploid23 for the help.

Of course, there may be times when US SS members might also find it very helpful for non-US SS members to do such a favor with coins that are difficult or impossible to have shipped to the US. Kinda like I scratch your back, you scratch mine.

But why some members are confused is beyond my understanding of what could possibly be so complicated about this offer.

19. Luker

Luker Member

Pick Your Deal!

Offer only available until 11:59 p.m. EST August 27, 2014.
    OR

http://sdbullion.com/todays-mystery-offer

DISCLOSURE: I have no affiliation with this company, although I have made purchases from them on two occasions.

Cheers,
    Luker