Perth Mint Stock Horse release 12:01 AWST April 1st

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Bank Manager, Mar 31, 2014.

1. strenue

strenue Active Member Silver Stacker

Not sure if it has happened to anyone else yet, but I had my order at 10:54am cancelled by Perth Mint.
    They said that there was an error with the website and that more carded horses should not have become available.

Apparently only 500 were available during the 12:01am release. Some carded horses went direct to EMK in Germany and the rest went to Downies (who are only selling 1 per household).

I do not want to alarm anyone if your orders from mid morning are still fine, but from the e-mail it seemed to suggest that all 500 available through the Perth Mint site were made available at 12:01am.

Has anyone else had an order cancellation?

2. bull_bear

bull_bear New Member Silver Stacker

haha, yea saw the 20 for 2000, main reason I want to buy is to sell at that price :p

Edit: the above post supersedes this one.

3. Grader84

Grader84 Member Silver Stacker

You and me both.... Maybe in a less lazy fashion though lol

4. Scyb

Scyb Member Silver Stacker

Maybe it's their April's fool joke....

5. Bank Manager

Bank Manager Member Silver Stacker

I rang to confirm my order was in place, advised that my account will be debited tomorrow and the order was still valid.

I rang downies and they sold me 2 too! Initial release was 400 at 12.01AM then 3 lots of 50 afterwards, downies got a fair chunk of the rest from what i was told.

I wonder what % of the total mintage was claimed by stackers, from what i can see on this thread there is around 10-15% at least

6. aussiesilver

aussiesilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I ordered my lot of 10 around the same time and have had no emails stating the order would be cancelled,i am hanging onto a very big piece of 4x2 at the moment in anticipation,(touch wood)
    Interestingly the website says ' Unavailable,i would have thought Sold Out more appropriate

7. gwako

gwako New Member

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but it seems it might be given the demand and scarcity of these. For those interested in North America and UK. We will have them for sale on our website soon, as we are just finishing negotiating allocation numbers.

We should have carded and non carded and possibly some graded ones.

The reason I say UK and NA is that currently our shipping rates outside those areas will be high due to Canada Post's high rates. I will try to keep everyone posted.

Thanks

8. natsmezz

natsmezz Member

If you can make an order over $500 you can get free ship - but good luck finding something to add - talk about some overpriced stuff. With Euro Collections back in the day, Downies would drop ship from California to US customers with a whole lot better shipping rates - too bad they didn't want to keep EC going.

9. Shamatti

Shamatti Member

So what about the capsuled version with the COA? Are they on sale yet - I don't seem to be able to find them :/

10. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

From everything I've gathered in reaching out to my German friends, not until end of April, early May. The PM did right by their own. Good for them, even though I'm not happy as a proud, ego driven, maniacal, and fanatic American. hehehe.

11. pushingtin

pushingtin Member Silver Stacker

So if you take the coin off the card, is it worth less?

I dont get the idea behind the whole card thing!

12. Bosse68

Bosse68 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

13. rodzm

rodzm New Member

They are up for sale however it seems that the website does not do online orders and you are left with only phone orders. Im in Germany and will have my wife (luckily she's German) call tomorrow to place two orders. The maximum amount per household that EMK has placed is two so I will only be able to have up to four sent to me. One for my household and another going to my in-laws.

Ill let you all know how it goes tomorrow with my order

14. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Carded coins are designed as "gifts" / "presents" you can give to friends or family.

If you look at some of the carded Koala series, you'll see that the card has been made in such a way that it can be folded so that the coin can be displayed.

Having said that, the carded coins produced by Perth (The Card) are a piece of limited edition art-work that...just like any other collectable card material, like baseball - cards, footy - cards, folk collect them and hence the card is an integral part of the collector theme.

Perth generally issue a card design every second year but with a new coin annually.

This years carded Stock Horse coin is even more collectable because... unlike the 2013 carded coin which came without a numbered presentation card the 2014 card is numbered.

Always handle your carded coins with care, dog-eared cards just don't get the premium that perfect cards achieve.

H

15. bigcountry

bigcountry Member Silver Stacker

The card is the most valuable part of this coin. There are 9000 available without the card, but the 1000 with the card? Well that card is worth it's weight in gold. Quite literally.

16. gwako

gwako New Member

Just to provide an update - Allocation numbers wont be finalized until end of April.

17. worldbubble

worldbubble Active Member

the card cannot be part of the coin! :lol:
    it is part of the set

P.S. tell where I can buy just coin ... I don't need card, paper, etc

18. rodzm

rodzm New Member

Quick update on the ordering process from EMK. I had my wife call in and could only get two (Ill call back tomorrow and see if i can get another two for my in-laws). They took my name and address and basically will send me a bill to my mailbox at which time I have to wire them the money from my bank account. Many businesses here in Germany dont take credit cards and work by bank wire, matter of fact that is probably one of the most popular methods of payment here in Germany. So basically in a nutshell unless a seller that has online sales gets an allocation you wont be able to get these via online sales straight from a shop. I believe EMK will probably send out small allocations to various online dealers but buying from them will probably cost more money.

Essentially EMK has the entire 9000 pieces allocation right now and is waiting to distirbute them out. There wont be many ofthese to go around at the price of 38 Euros thats for sure. Im thinking these will start off somewhere in the 50-60 dollar range once it hits the distributors

19. chrissilver

chrissilver Member Silver Stacker

Thanks for this info, very helpful! :) from there site the prices for the carded versions are very expensive. But I have ordered a couple of the carded ones from someone in Australia, so hopefully I am sorted for those. :)

The standard ones EMK is selling seem to be an alright price, 37.95 euro. I am going to see if I can get 2.

20. Danny-boy

Danny-boy New Member

I wish they would respond to emails!!!

I even translated it into german.