USPS Failed Delievery

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Gucci, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Scope

Scope New Member

That's terrible. You should post that picture on their facebook page.

2. Gucci

Gucci New Member

Just left the post office. Not only did they not have my package but they made me wait 30+mins while they go through the entire post office looking for it before finally telling me they don't know what to do. The tracking # did nothing to help them find it. I asked for the supervisor and she gave me the post office # & said it may be out for redelivery today but if you don't get it call me tomorrow. (There closed tomorrow of course). So now I have to pray that the same mailman who started this will actually give me my package today. Best believe I'll be standing at the mailbox waiting :cool: It's a long street that you can see miles down the road so I can't miss him. I even got the security cameras aimed at the mailbox just incase I need to prove that they didn't hand me anything. But there is signs of life as after I left the post office my tracking now says:

[​IMG]

And just to make sure that he is forced to leave me something incase I happen to miss him I did this:

[​IMG]

That's right and it's a long driveway. I should make him walk the mile up to the house but instead i'll meet him at the bottom. :lol:

Edit: I will park up the road and see if he gets out and walks the stretch up the driveway. If he keeps going i'll just stop him and ask for my package. It's not to much of a walk maybe 15mins :lol: If he sprints he can do it in 4mins :/

Note: Ok, maybe if I were driving I wouldn't have gotten out either especially when all you see is driveway and trees and no house off in the distance but come on... He picked the route. He knew what kind of houses were on the road and he could easily drive the mailtruck up to the house but I don't know if they are allowed to do that.

[​IMG]

3. motorbikez

motorbikez Member Silver Stacker

Credit where credit is due, after most posts slag off the lazy postman, I have to say in my area I have nothing but praise for my postie, every package I have ordered has got here no problem , when I have been out a card has been left to pick up at post office or card left to say package has been left with my neighbour.

Can't get better than that.

4. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

There are several aspects to this.

The post, in order to make it affordable, has to work efficiently (of course, receiving tax sponsoring erases abit of this). In some long past, a postman knocked on every door to give the post, say hello, sometimes blablah minutes and sometimes even a drink. That became unpayable, and thus it gradually disappeared.
    So, one should look at it this way: you're a postman, you have X hours to distribute all, bringing alot back due to absence/whatever is extra work, so if no signature (=bigger cost for sender) needed, it's rather expectable they 'put it somewhere'. Post is a completely different task than a dedicated parcel service, the former has to visit about every postbox in a street, the latter 1 in that street and 1 in another street. There is no extra work if one isnt present to sign it, they just leave it and try again a next day.

And then there is the aspect of 'how much can go wrong' anyway. If you order something, and you know there is a chance you won't be at home, then right there, on that moment, you already signed for a 'possible wrong'. I think problems are best solved by giving them least chance from the very start. So as some recommended: a PO box. However it comes at a cost so it's like anything: a tradeoff between benefit and risk. If you buy and let deliver enough valuable stuff, then the PO box cost is a cost that is acceptable. If not, then you should take into account possible loss, and accept it in case it does happen. Wanting a lot for a little, may be hoped for, but reality is different.

There can be luck involved, if you have neighbours that are home most of the time, there is an option to let it deliver to their address. It may be cheaper than a PO box, alike a box cookies now and then. :p

<end of speech> :D

5. Silvermonkey

Silvermonkey Active Member

Sounds just like our local Australia Post Contractor Couriers, don't even knock on the door or ring the door bell. They love to just drop and run!

I can't believe something hasn't been taken yet from the front door as it is open to the street and exposed.

We decided to take out a PO Box as well for this very reason but unfortunately not all online retailers will post to PO Box's.

I don't have dramas with Australia Post Posties at all, it's the contracted ones in the van who don't give a rat's. I also have complained to the local Post Office and over the phone to Australia Post too but they just record it and nothing comes from it again as the problem continues and does not improve in my eyes.

But at the very least I was told by a couple of Australia Post consultants over the phone that the contracted Courier Drivers "Should"' have a minimum obligation to at least Knock on the door (Make an Attempt) before leaving a card or just dropping the parcel on the floor in plain view of anyone on the street and driving off.

I think they must have a - more drop off delivery's done in the day equates to more pay that day scheme going, this is all I can assume?- So they think they don't have time to knock or ring a door bell and wait 10 seconds to allow someone to get to the front door to accept their parcel or sign for it.... I understand that the van would be full of parcels going each and every street in a suburb or two (contracted Areas), but most times in my area I have caught the van pulling away or driving down the road the opposite way and there is almost always two guys in the van, one driving and the other jumping out to deliver the goods.

Very frustrating, Even after purchasing a PO Box and installing a Door Bell at eye sight, I still can't seem to win?.

Rant over....
    Cheers
    :eek:

6. Gucci

Gucci New Member

Package Came!! :D No no of course he didn't walk up the driveway. Instead he got out of the truck took out my gaint box and sat it beside the mailbox and left. No type of remorse for my package. :lol: I mean good job on trying to get me robbed. I guess he figured he couldn't lie and say no one is here to sign, there was no way he was going to walk up the driveway (usually the excuse for that is "They don't pay me enough"), so the only thing he could think of was putting it beside the mailbox about a mile away from the front door. Lucky, I was in my car to go get the package. He was an older mailman about the age of 60 so I didn't stop him to give him a piece of my mind :p

Here's what one look like:

[​IMG]

7. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

That doesn't look like a postman.

8. whinfell

whinfell Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

That's the postman's horse - here they are together :lol:

[​IMG]

9. ironwood

ironwood Active Member Silver Stacker

So Gucci the postman left the package by your mailbox and it was supposed to be signature delivery. If that's the case you need to complain to the postmaster general. If the package can't be signed for the postman is supposed to take it back to the post office and leave you a notice in your mailbox. He left it on the ground beside your mailbox as delivered without a signature?

10. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hugely bullshitfull thread.

11. Gucci

Gucci New Member

No I authorized it to be delivered without a signature. It was in the post above. He just didn't put it at the front door like I requested.

[​IMG]

Also keep in mind they have no idea what's in the box. I use to work at Fedex as a package handler. (Worst job on the planet Earth) No one knows what's in the box. They see 1000's of boxes a day. If he knew he was delivering his salary to someone's house the box would've never seen the light of day.

12. Gucci

Gucci New Member

No it came see :D

[​IMG]

13. funman1

funman1 New Member

Yeah I'm beginning to think the same thing.. :rolleyes:

Must be some security cameras to capture an image that good a mile away LOL

Yeah the return address that says JM Bullion on it means nothing, and they are totally clueless!!!
    HAHAHAHA

This thread is so awesome words can't describe....

14. Pirocco

It's like black worms are consuming your topic.

15. Pirocco

I ment the worms on the pictures, not the posters ofcourse! :D

16. Pirocco

Doesn't have to be the case here, but in my region dealers send in an 'anonymous' way, being that the company name that may suggest the product, isn't on the package, instead it's some alphanumeric code, or just an address, or some 'alternate' company name they use for shipping.

17. Gucci

Gucci New Member

Not sure if you would be the worst burglar ever but we have an entrance to the driveway with cameras.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz1D99ehE-E[/youtube]

Who said anything about JMBullion? No wonder you are so lost you have no idea what this thread is about. This is from Apmex. & Not sure what world you are living on but there are people that exist on Earth that happen to be richer than you. :rolleyes:

18. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Classy :cool:

19. funman1

funman1 New Member

First off I have no clue where I got JM after re-reading HAHAHA My bad for sure.

Second The post office will only allow $5,000 max insurance on any single package?

Third can we see the video of the post man leaving it at the mailbox? Any change of getting a picture of ALL this silver in the BIG box?

And last...
    You don't know which ones those are either, so you may want to not look like an ass by assuming you are the richest, because you have no clue what others have more than you.. LOL

And with this post, yeah you sound like a major player big shot with millions to spend......
    http://forums.silverstackers.com/topic-48913-240-to-spend-what-whould-you-get.html

Wow must have been some tax return, and my... how the "Budget" has grown in the last few months.. HAHAHA :)
    But then we find out how much that Tax return was for..
    http://forums.silverstackers.com/to...0-on-if-you-had-less-than-10oz-of-silver.html

Then this an unexpected check for a whole $370 and you ask how to spend it ALL.
    http://forums.silverstackers.com/topic-49435-what-combination-would-you-buy-with-370-dollars.html

Then this awesome quote from here....
    http://forums.silverstackers.com/to...on-would-you-buy-with-370-dollars-page-2.html

You said you were 20 in your first post
    Wow 2005 so you were buying silver at age 11 huh?

Quote honestly all I see is an immature college student who got into the pool with the big players, then felt small and had the desire to look like a big fish with the rest of them.
    I'm impressed you can photoshop an order page... :)

I could go look for more posts of discrepancy, but quite honestly I feel I've wasted enough of my time... :)

Have a good weekend and Happy Stacking :)

20. Pirocco

If I put on my detective shoes I cannot find elements that contradict-can't be true, what I do see is that richness is considered as having only 2 possible values: all and nothing haha.
    About what people can do at a certain young age, well, in my country law prevents underagers from going to jail/being punished, so what do criminals (usually foreigners from certain countries, no racism, just saying how it is) do: they 'hire' kids of 7-9 years to get what is stolen out, to observe / distract potential victims, and many other things, including what they have to say when police ask them questions, and they became so brutal that they plain say hey I'm 9 you can't arrest me. So it's quite possible that people do paidfor jobs as young as 11.
    For the rest, this topic should have its title changed to USPS Succeeded Delievery.
    And btw, I filtered out the slightly different black color of the worms, looked up the phone number, had his mom at the line, and it's all confirmed now. :D