Big Jump In Silver Coming Monday Due to Russia or Not??

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Gucci, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Gucci

Gucci New Member

Russia just took over Crimea! Thoughts on if this will have an affect on Gold & Silver? Silver is in a decline and I was waiting for it to go under $20 so I can pre order my ATB 2014 stash but now i'm afraid this may be the lowest it will go due to Russia.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/22/world/europe/ukraine-crisis/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

Now of course when I go to Youtube and away from the big news station I see the opposite of fear. Looks like in this video everything is peaceful but on CNN all I see is tanks and guns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E62Tf1NnuvA (Now this looks more like reality) I think it want affect anything after seeing this video. Cnn had me worried as if WW3 is coming.

2. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

Dunno what it will do for silver, but without a doubt Russian expansion is far from over

3. Gucci

Gucci New Member

How much are they trying to take over and does the places they wanna take over already want to be apart of Russia? Atleast that's what it looks like the issue was for Crimea.

Side Note:

I think this line from CNN >"One journalist was injured in the attack." I wonder if he tripped over a rock? :lol:

4. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

The US is very unlikely to do anything - Crimea doesn't have massive oil resources that could be exploited by American companies.

5. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

:rolleyes:
    :lol:

keep believing the media (as usual)
    My mum speaks to her cousin in Odessa most days & another school friend of hers
    The Russians/Ukraine's DON"T keep $ in the banks & everybody deals in US$ , it's only the poor that deal in local currency
    The only concern is they are expecting a 100% rise in gas/fuel

BUT
    Her old school friend gets phonecalls listened in on & messages left on her voice mail

I don't believe Putin will try to push further into the Ukraine , it's only the US based media that is pushing that ;)

6. Roswell Crash Survivor

Roswell Crash Survivor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

7. rastatodd

rastatodd New Member

With the world economies inner twine, expansion of a USSR type of Russia I don't see in the cards. Former satellite nations of the by gone days are now members of NATO. Invade these nations and the US and other members of NATO have no other chose but pick up arms to defend these members, and I don't see Russia risking a world war. Russia needs our commerce we need Russia's palladium and platinum and Europe needs it's natural gas and oil. With the former Ukraine president ousted from power Russia was thinking it was going to lose the Black Sea port it most desperately needs for it's navy and so Russia goes in annex the Crimea region and prevent that from happening. All in all I see things quieting down and silver on flat line for some time to come. But all it would take is just one nerves private with a quick trigger finger in either army's and all bets are off.

8. chrissilver

chrissilver Member Silver Stacker

Russia is not invading anywhere. Crimea is historically russian, and the majority of the population there are Russian. 95.5% of voters in Crimea wanted to become part of Russia, not recognising Crimea as a part of Russia is like not recognising democracy.

There is no democracy in the world unless it agrees with Americas plans. Wether you believe it or not the whole crises was started by the US who funded the riots in order to overthrow a democratically elected president so that they can put their guy in charge. The US messed up and it was a bit naive for Obama to think that he could take Ukraine without a reaction from Mr Putin.

Media everywhere is making the whole situation look like Russia are the bad guys and that they are invading and trying to take over the world. The truth of the matter is that Russia is defending it's national interests right on it's door steps from an American attack.

9. chrissilver

chrissilver Member Silver Stacker

10. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

The futures market is currently preventing the price from reflecting that alot silver has been sold, so as soon as they decide to end their positions, it will indeed be a big jump to expect, $15 or so then haha.
    Considering the big amount silver stocks around, at 'best' there is years sideways ahead. The $20 > $50 was due to tripled coin sales and equally big ETF hoarding of 1000 ounce bars. The coin sales kept up, but the latter did not, resulting in todays $20.
    Maybe the amount dealers serves as a better indicator than Russia, alot came into existence with the price tripling in a few years, because more money in a market without general prices rising too, means more profit to distribute. Since this amount profit dropped alot, we should see the opposite trend (ex Tulving).
    So if I were you, I wouldn't be scared to 'miss the boat'. Those boats are scam anyway, their captains tend to jump overboard (read: grab the profit), and they only sail to the Isle of Loss. :D
    Of course, if you try to be such a captain, things have another perspective, the question then becomes whether you'll be the first or the last to jump haha.

11. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

Perfectly put :)

Don't get your news from the TV, unless you want to be fed bullshit.

12. crazy hippo

crazy hippo New Member

Nato is loosing all credibility, by technical definition not only did the UN and nato do nothing, they are actively involved in violating their own regulations for financial gain.

I don't think we have long left before Nato falls apart, a big dog in their back yard and they will shit themselves.
    Now what if the west becomes the Yen the Euro and the Dollar, i.e. the YES currency, (sounds like something americans would enforce on their "allies" doesn't it)
    Asia will unite and form a stable currency block, this will give the chinese peace of mind, not having the yuan as a WRC, the rouble would join in, and next think you know, the whole world will fuck the west for being douches for the last couple of centuries, and then its the unprecedented rise of the underdeveloped world, when people are getting paid as much for their produce by the guy next door then the american 4000 miles away, he's gonna feed his own people, its going to be a 90's style repatriation of farmland, and boom.
    america will eventually be forced to dissolve their armies into a basic defence force in return for food aid.

the world is pissed off at the US, the world does the hard work, and yanks live it up and preach to the world.

but hey, thats my little prediction from my experiences in asia and the F markets in the east, and london.
    if your person of colour prep your exit out of europe. it won't be pretty.

13. Pirocco

Isn't it clear that Russia US China EU etc governments won't conflict with eachother?
    They learnt from the past.
    Instead, they nicely work together, now and then throw up bogus 'conflicts' as to give another impression.
    And then continue parasiting on the working population.
    Being the objective that overrules all other objectives. :D

14. worldbubble

worldbubble Active Member

Visa/Mastercard moved back to the starting point giving bank "Russia" the ability to use these systems ... sanctions worked only during weekends :lol:

15. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

Too many competing interests for Asia to form a stable currency block. The Euro should be a lesson for Asian countries on the consequences of a regional currency. Regarding the US, the plans are already in place to reduce the military. That should have been done decades ago as we have no business being the world's policemen. But the withdrawal of US forces will leave a vacuum and that will lead to instability as the regional powers fight for supremacy. The result will be similar to when the Soviet Union broke apart and the countries went back to fighting amongst themselves.

The US economy is only plodding along, but the fracking is making a tremendous difference in our economy. The US grows a tremendous amount of food and barring some natural disaster or nuclear war, would never need food aid.

16. Pirocco

Since when is the Euro a 'regional' currency?
    It was the destruction of regional currencies, and any Asia version will just be another step towards the least 'regional' currency of all: a world one, and with it, the end of monetary competition i.e. byebye corrections of central planned thievery.

17. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

Maybe terminology is different over there. In the US, Europe is considered a region. Thus the Euro a regional currency. Odds are Rickards is correct and the IMF's SDR will be the new reserve currency. That way everyone can restart the depreciation game all over again after a period of fiscal sanity.

18. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

The IMF's SDR is not a currency...it's a unit of account that represents a "potential claim". I suppose, the IMF could create a currency that could be adopted by a conglomeration of nations as a WRC but I don't think that's viable at this time.

19. Gucci

Gucci New Member

lol learned that a long time ago. Youtube is my news station now.

20. Pirocco

Well they did jump big, but they got their gravitation field wrong! :D