Allocated silver, what are the options?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by chrissilver, Mar 2, 2014.

1. chrissilver

chrissilver Member Silver Stacker

GoldMoney.com

3.99% purchase fee. 0% selling fee

0.49% annual storage fee for under 49,999 Ounces. 50k Ounces+ 0.39%

BullionVault.com

0.5% buy fee for first $75,000. 0.5% sell fee for first $75,000. ((Then 0.1% fee per buy/sell for the amount upto $675k, then 0.05% buy/sell fee for remaining amount (running total reset each year)

0.48% annual storage fee, min $8 per month.

Clearly for short to medium term small purchases BullionVault.com is the better option.

Apmex & Gainsville

Other options are Gainsville and apmex where you can buy specific coins/bars and store them. Gainsville has minimum of $2000 purchase value and charges 0.65% storage fee on silver up to value of $99k, lower fees on amounts thereafter.

Apmex might not be such a great investment as from as far as I can work out they charge 0.55% per annum, but this is not of the spot price, it is instead of the "Average market value" of the coins as determined by apmex.com so they could have a buy price of spot, and high sell price, which would mean high annual charges on these coins.

GoldStackers unallocated program looks good, infact it looks the best, low buy fees, can sell at spot, and no storage fees! but is only available for Australian residents. oh how you AUstralians have it lucky, extremely liquid market by means of a very active trade section of this forum, and great companies to purchase from such as GoldStackers!

Other alternatives?

Are there any other good alternatives for allocated silver that anyone knows of?

2. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

3. chrissilver

As far as I am aware GS only has unallocated, this is only available to Australian clients. They also have 'mini-allocated' but this is intended so that clients can purchase in small bits and then get the silver shipped to them in one consignment to save on shipping costs, it isn't designed for long term storage more than a year or more than 10kg. If I lived in Australia I would definitely use Goldstackers for unallocated/mini-allocated as well as probably the Perth Mint.

The problem with the Perth Mint allocated storage for clients outside of Australia is that there is a minimum holding requirement of $50,000. Opposed to only $5000 for Australian residents.

4. silvermed

silvermed New Member

Singapore Precious Metals Exchange http://www.SGPMX.com

Jim Sinclair is now the Chairman of the Board. You can even send in your current metal, don't have to buy with new funds only.

0.5% annually for storage

(You can buy from any bullion dealer and send in)

Allocated, Segregated, and you actually can get back the exact bars and coins you put in. Some of the others mentioned above you simply own a "percentage" of a big bar that you share with others.

5. XB

XB Active Member Silver Stacker

I didn't think so either - I just had a quick look and can't see anything - might be worth an email to them to confirm eligibility.

6. chrissilver

Sorry. I should have previously stated. I have already emailed them. Their unallocated accounts are for Australian clients only.

7. XB

XB Active Member Silver Stacker

Actually just found it on their site. Shame Chris. Good luck with your search :)

8. chrissilver

Yea it's a shame, but this Singapore metals exchange looks interesting http://www.sgpmx.com/ I will have to look into it further.

9. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

10. SilverScimitar

SilverScimitar New Member

I've used Bullionvault, I think the prices are great and you can buy or sell bullion any hour of the day or night, I only hold a small amount with them, my main holding is physical.

I believe James Turk's Goldmoney also offer an allocated solution.

11. chrissilver

Funny enough I stumbled upon this site last night. Has anyone used bullionstar before?

12. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker