JM Bullion charged card no product.

Discussion in 'Silver' started by edteach, Feb 13, 2014.

1. edteach

edteach New Member

On Feb 4th I ordered 15 10oz bars of Sunshine silver from JM. I waited a week and nothing so I called, and was told they ship within 4 business days but can take upto a month. I waited another few days and called again and was told its going out that day. Waited another 2 days and it showed shipped. Great, got the UPS tracking no and it has been two days and it is not showing up in UPS as a valid number. I called JM and they have some BS message that due to the storms phone lines are down and that I have to send an email. Getting close to disputing the charge with my Credit card company. I am not sure this company is going to last for the long haul. Yes they are cheap but CS is non existent and the wait time is horrible.

2. BeHereNow

BeHereNow New Member

I have two pending orders with them. One from 1/28/14, one from 2/3/14.
    Both checks have cleared my bank.
    I had a call Monday, saying the 10oz Australian horse were no longer available, and I gave them permission to substitute a different 10oz.
    Still no shipment.
    Both my orders include 2014 coins no longer listed as available. I assume back ordered, but who knows.
    I have only been using them since November, but I'm not worried....yet.
    They have moved buildings, and the whole billing process has been changed, now send checks to a different state.
    Bad management, obviously. Things like this happen.
    The wait time is part of a game plan that saves me money - no debit, etc. fees. If the wait time were costing me money I'd find a different supplier.

Paying charge card fees and still having the wait is understandably frustrating.

Until I hear otherwise, this is a bump to be smoothed out once relocation is done.

3. edteach

edteach New Member

I emailed JM and received a reply that my bars have shipped, but I also called UPS and was told they have not received them or it would show in the system, it only takes about 5 min, once its in their possession. So its been a few days where there is a shipping label and its sitting in the warehouse? Who knows. I paid an extra 90 bucks so I had the protection of my CC company to dispute any charge that is not valid. If I wait much longer I may dispute the 90 bucks. LOL. They are cheap but not good service that is minimum. When I called the first time before getting the no one home email us message the person on the phone was very short. Acted like it was a lot of trouble to answer my question. Unless money is a huge deal, I think one of the other vendors that ship and deliver in 5 to 6 days, from what I hear. I just started to stack silver again, I bought it back in the 90s for 4 and sold it for 40 at the high. I would just do a dispute if the price had dropped from 19.9 where I bought.

4. BeHereNow

BeHereNow New Member

The call that came to me was - rushed.
    I could sense that I was one of many on a list, not enough hours in the day to get things done. Lots of apologizing to unhappy customers.
    They have to be in damage control big time.
    My two earlier orders in January were uneventful. These problems are all recent.

5. JoeFromNorthCarolina

JoeFromNorthCarolina New Member

Pay regular price. It's worth it in the long run, And you'll sleep better at night.

6. edteach

edteach New Member

I am not worried at all. All it takes is one phone call and my CC company pulls the money out of their account. This is why I paid the 90 bucks. I have seen UPS sign for the package and then toss it next to the house. If it comes up missing its no money out of pocket. With a check its much much harder to get resolved and lays mostly with you as a buyer. I am going to give them till Friday night and then if nothing Sat morning will pull the trigger. Just a word to buyers, don't use a check or wire money. Once that clears its gone. You are SOL if nothing is received. With a credit card your covered. The small fee is not even as big as what is charged because you get at least 1 percent back cash to your CC account. Its not that expensive of insurance policy for my money.

7. Gucci

Gucci New Member

Seems like I'm the spokes person for JM Bullion. Ok calm down :D Here's your explanation to the problem. They only ship on Monday's or Tuesday. Your items will ship on Monday or Tuesday Guaranteed. Well problem solved! :D

- Under shipped it's blank because it hasn't shipped yet. It is preparing to ship & once it ships to usps it will show up under your shipping.

Here's some proof so you don't panic (I already had the experience so I can tell you my results. Any time you order from JM Bullion it's coming withing 1-3 weeks. There in New York Under Bad Weather so they aren't shipping as fast as back in December. I wouldn't recommend calling again because it's coming. You may even get lucky and have it shipped tomorrow. Friday shipping is for people that were in state in destinations where certain usps were closed and they couldn't ship it to you on Monday.

Note: If you ordered from them in the past you may notice when it says in transit it showed tracking info. Well, I think it's a site glitch to where once they are preparing your order for shipping it switched to transit before it actually gets to the usps. This causes people to panic as they think there package it lost somewhere when it actually never left :D BTW my package of maple's came with Milkspot city on them :(

[​IMG]

Edit: What I mean by it's preparing to ship is it's on it's way from JM Bullion to the post office. I'm not sure if it's in someone truck waiting to be dropped off with other orders to the post office or if the usps comes to them for pick ups.

8. Gucci

Gucci New Member

Yeah me and you ordered on the same day. What happen was when they ran out of horses people were still buying them before they could get it taken down and because the site is automatic there is no way of them knowing how many people bought the products once they were sold out until you call & check on your order to have it cancelled. Again here is my experience (My check never go to them so I never actually paid for my order but...>

[​IMG]

Since you switched items the process starts all over. You send payment and items will ship within 2-3 weeks. well maybe Monday for the 2/3 item

9. Gucci

Gucci New Member

Also remember JM Bullion is like a 7 person team doing 10,000 orders a month. If they tell you it shipped them listen to them and go play PS4 because it's coming. :D You also have to remember only about 1/500 orders actually have real problems like missing items or damage items. Then about 250/500 are just people wanting to know where there products are or when they will ship.

And to the person that wanted the horse 10oz. Providence may still have them for the same price

10. edteach

edteach New Member

Sorry, that is not an excuse. If they ship only on Mondays, they should say that, I called and was told I would get an email when it ships, and when I did, its not received by UPS, when I emailed them I was told that it has shipped, and UPS says they do not have it or it would be in the system. They have till Saturday or its dispute with the cc company. I was first told it would be shipped within 4 days, then they had till 30 days, I was told it has shipped now its known it has not shipped, but there may be a label on it from UPS.

11. edteach

edteach New Member

I was also told today that it takes 24 hours for it to update after you get a tracking no. I received the tracking no over 24 hours ago and it still shows not valid. UPS said its not in their possession. They are very specific on not taking packages and not scanning them in. I was told they have a hand scanner and when any package is picked up its scanned in and will be down loaded to the main system with in ten min. There is no sitting around for a day crap. So JM is full of BS when they say its shipped. It may be just incompetence and bad business practice but well intention but I still say do not buy from them unless its a Credit Card. They are too new, only in business since 2011 and too unprofessional to take the chance.

12. BeHereNow

BeHereNow New Member

Another piece of information for what it is worth.
    Once they verify I have signed for a package - at the post office - it flips from 'shipped' to 'completed' on their order history page, as my November order has done.
    My January 7th order has been in my hands for several weeks, but still shows as 'shipped' - indicating not 'completed'.
    This tells me their system is backed up.

Provident is out of stock on the Lunar Horse too.
    APMEX has it, for only $49 more than my purchase price, plus shipping.
    That's two -one ounce Panda's, with free shipping, from JMB.
    I'll settle for the substitute, since I purchased during a nice dip in spot.

Saving 10% on a $1000 order is two free ounces of silver coins.
    That helps me sleep at night.
    To each his own. I have more time than money, so I don't mind waiting.

~ ~
    Make that FOUR free ounces of ASEs

13. JoeFromNorthCarolina

I never heard of a company that only ships Mon or Tues. That's BS...

14. BeHereNow

BeHereNow New Member

You must have lead a sheltered life.

I started buying mail order from the back pages of my comic books in the 1960's.
    No, no sea monkeys.
    My wife still can't believe I buy stuff without holding it in my hands first.

15. JoeFromNorthCarolina

16. edteach

edteach New Member

Ever buy form Johnson smith? Man the whoopie cushions were to die for.

17. Gucci

Gucci New Member

lol. This is for the people that have small orders that aren't paying for shipping. They mass ship all those people's stuff on the same day. It's in there terms and services but no one reads those anymore :D

18. edteach

edteach New Member

Its in the micro print along with the part about if its a full moon and zebras are running in Africa it may delay the shipment. :rolleyes:

19. Gucci

Gucci New Member

I know you bought your items and you don't want to wait as long as JM Bullion takes to ship them. That's how I was on my first purchase. But there's nothing you can do. I told you when they are suppose to ship. Even if they don't ship it this week or next week you failed to read these important message>

BY USING THE WEBSITE, YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD, AND AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND OR DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY AND COMPLY WITH THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT AND ANY OTHER SUPPLEMENTAL TERMS, DISCLOSURES, AND DISCLAIMERS, YOU MUST IMMEDIATELY LEAVE THE WEBSITE.

We reserve the right to cancel, delay, refuse to ship, or recall from the shipper any order if fraud is suspected. We capture certain information during the order process, including, without limitation, information that will be used to locate and identify individuals committing fraud. If any Website order is suspected to be fraudulent, we reserve the right, but undertake no obligation, to submit all records, with or without a subpoena, to all law enforcement agencies and to the credit card company for fraud investigation. We reserve the right to cooperate with authorities to prosecute offenders to the fullest extent of the law.

In cases of suspected fraud, certified checks, personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders may be held up to 45 calendar days, although this is rare.

Once you have placed an order with JM Bullion you have entered into a binding legal agreement, and cannot cancel the confirmed order. However, at any time after your confirmed order has been placed, but prior to it being shipped, the confirmed Purchase Price ("Purchase Price") may be offset (product sold back to JM Bullion) at JM Bullion's lowest Bid Price ("Bid Price") on the day that we receive your written request for such an offsetting transaction. Credit/debit card orders may not be offset 24+ hours following the time of order creation.

After JM Bullion has shipped the product, the order is final and cannot be canceled. If you refuse shipment the product will be returned to us and you can either pay to have it reshipped or accept our buy price upon return plus a standard 5% restocking fee.

Here's the most important part they probably 3/10,000 of there customers understand:

JM Bullion reserves the right to refuse or cancel an order for any reason or for no reason at all, regardless of payment method or price confirmation, including without limitation

But trust me no one reads any terms of condition now a days.

20. BeHereNow

BeHereNow New Member

I had forgotten about them, lots of great stuff.
    After spending my lawn mowing money on comic books, they got anything left over.