Silver or LEAD?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by SpringfieldStacker, Feb 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hmmm, Must have had crap on liver last night.
    After sleeping on it and now reviewing this thread more objectively yes, I can see that I jumped to some hasty and wrong assumptions.
    I just get so fed up, as a licensed shooter, being treated like an outlaw or radical because of my chosen (still lawful) sporting interest.
    So House, DanielM, and anyone else I may have offended, my unreserved apologies to you. all.
    I have only recently returned to the forum after a previous unprovoked personal attack which resulted in a very long back and forth battle and caused me a great deal of grief so I would be the first to admit I'm a just a little paranoid and over sensitive.
    I did prevail against that slanderous, lying rodent but at a very high personal cost.
    I actually see no reason to discuss firearms here and I belong to a club and other forums where I can discuss this topic to my hearts content so if I may, I will just stick to PM discussion here in future.
    I find it quite ironic though that I was also involved in another thread about the same time discussing nitric acid.
    I'll bet my bottom dollar that subject would light up the red flag board with the Feds, or at least it should.
    I would only say to them, get your filthy laws off my body. :mad:

2. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Nothing wrong with being passionate Silver bullitt...we are so over-run with laws that it gets a lot of blokes blood boiling.

Anyway, enough said!

Keep stacking Ag, Au, and little boat tails made of Pb and Cu! :D

3. Assuming that is not sarcasm, thank you,
    I am no sheep either.
    I'm a lone wolf and I'm packing.

4. Lol! You certainly made a big impact with your first post.
    I look forward to your lively future contributions here and may I now give a warm welcome to you.

5. Maxwell

Maxwell New Member

No it isn't.

In WA (at least) you can legally hold ammunition and componenets thereof, for any caliber you hold a firearm licence for. There is no restriction on quantities held, as long as the storage is in compliance with the act.

Hoarding, as far as I understand, is only used as a reference to an act, in times of shortage. In Australia at the moment there are no food or ammunition shortages, so therefore holding any quantity you'd care to hold, is not hoarding.

If in a 'crisis' the grubbyment decides to restrict homeowners to .. say.. 72 hours of food holdingsfor the family and confiscate the rest, they have that ability do just that, despite the fact you filled it in 'normal' times.

Hoarding is a great word that the 'have nots' use to justify the theft of assets from people who planned ahead. Have a look at the negative connotations in the media, hoarding is always portrayed as bad when it's food, fuel or ammunition, but good when it described first aid supplies or Jimmy Choo shoes?

Aesop even had a fable, remember the ant and the grasshopper.

6. Excellent points my friend.
    It's the same in all states I believe.
    I have not only reloaded my own but also reloaded for others as well so I have at times kept varying and sometimes large amounts of different powders, primers, projectiles and whole cartridges quite legally.
    Some in flavors that were not listed on my license inventory.
    I have never encountered a problem with limits to how much I can legally hold. (hoard)
    I have occasionally done repairs and modifications also so have held actual F/A's that are not listed on my license and mainly category H for that matter. One of the most regulated and restricted.
    Just for a bit of trivia.
    I have been requested to mold silver bullets before and have done so successfully, bloody difficult though. I even fired one.
    Yes I recovered it and put it back in my stack. quite a unique and interesting lump of silver.
    That's what inspired my handle on this forum.
    Never had a request for gold ones, yet.

Who was that masked man??? :D

7. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Pics or it didn't happen!

8. SpringfieldStacker

SpringfieldStacker New Member

I did not intend to create such a ruckus, especially with my 1st post.

Lets change topics and move forward!

9. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Your second post is much less contentious. :)

10. SpringfieldStacker

SpringfieldStacker New Member

Good! Less contentious is a good thing! I didn't realize hoarding lead was such a hush topic. My bad. Now please, lets move on!

11. Ahh, ok.
    I could take a pick of the slightly banged around lump of metal with rifling marks on it I s'pose.
    Probably hard to tell that it really is what it's claimed to be from a photo though, I didn't bother putting hallmarks on them
    It was a .38 fired with a very light powder load and made with a home brew silver alloy derived from some former Government property so I'm not sure if I should say much more about that.
    It was not that practical really. Ballistically it was far less than accurate and a little porous, had to use gas checks for a bit of ballistic performance.
    Melting coins may, for all I know, be an illegal act and one would not want to publicly incriminate ones' self
    The actual event and frantic digging to recover it from the target were not recorded though so perhaps this should rightly be treated with skepticism,
    It was a big challenge and I love challenges but I would hate to supply an army with this kind of ordnance.
    More a one off sort of thing just to see if it could be done and it can.
    Strangest request I have ever had but great fun.
    Anyway, I'll dig it out of the stash and take a pic.
    My biggest prob will be posting the photo here.
    I'm useless with modern technology and have great difficulty doing stuff like that.
    Perhaps I should also check with all here before posting a photo of a bullet too.
    Would that be acceptable or should I just get back to talk of stacking and shut up about the Rambo stuff like I said I would.

12. Hey, psst, just quietly, I know where you can get some solid silver .38's :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.