Ainslie Bullion

Discussion in 'Silver' started by johnnyblackau, Jan 27, 2014.

1. johnnyblackau

johnnyblackau New Member

Has anyone got an opinion on purchasing ainslie's bars with their logo on them as opposed to the scottsdale bars?

Blackie

2. bloomst

bloomst Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

JBAU, there is a quite difference in premium between Ainslie and Scottsdale bar both are primary and secondary market.

It's like comparing Royal Gala and Fuji, both are apples, but it has different price/taste/texture.

You need to figure out what is your buying strategy (ie low premium or premium brand) and what is your exit strategy (how you going to dispose your metal when the time is come).

Or is your question what to choose if they are on the same price?

3. johnnyblackau

johnnyblackau New Member

can you list any advantages of buying high premium bullion over low premium? wouldn't moving low premium be just as easy as high? Would there be more of a risk in purchasing say a PAMP bar as opposed to an extruded ainslie bar?

My current strategy, and any feedback would be greatly greatly appreciated, but it is to purchase mainly 10oz bars while also acquirying some 1 oz coins like the maple or eagle... reason is that i have the option to ditch the 1oz bars if required and keep the 10oz bars in case i want out - thoughts on that?

4. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Bloomst, hope you're not tasting your silver bars! W&F had a post about that a while ago..

JBAU, a lot of stackers seem to favour stacking 10oz bars in the belief that they'll be easier to shift in the future. All depends on where you seeing the silver price going. You'll shift most sizes pretty easily as long as it's priced right and you'll usually get the premium back when you sell. I've always found the higher premium bars sell fastest so I stack PAMP and Scottsdale. Don't see any risk in buying either of these (until the first fakes are found).

5. silvermed

silvermed New Member

The great thing about the Stacker bars is that they are the hardest silver bar to counterfeit. The tooling marks, details, brilliant surface, etc are all unique and any drilling/changes/attempt to forgery would be all too obvious.

One of the top silver buys IMO.

6. Jash

Jash New Member

I don't care what the bars look like, silver is silver, and the cheaper it is per oz the better.

I got some Ainslie 1/2kg bars today for $1.75 over spot. The kilo bars were cheaper still, but I prefer the size of the 1/2kg bar.

7. Rick4691

Rick4691 Member Silver Stacker

where from Ag man?

8. whinfell

whinfell Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

:rolleyes:

From Ainslie! :cool:

9. Rick4691

Rick4691 Member Silver Stacker

sorry whinfell never looked at the site before so thanks the prices seem a bit better than where I usually buy